No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-01-02, 4:47pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Carousel for Tools

I found this new round about carousel for tools at Michaels Crafts in Canada on sale for 50 percent off today, which brings it to $27. I believe it is intended for scrapbooking but it is working perfectly for lampwork tools. It has a couple of small drawers as well. Not sure what I will use them for. Some hooks are included and you can even pop in a picture. I have not had a chance to fill up it up with all my tools yet but I am loving it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-02, 5:48pm
grama punky - class junky

very cool! my tools would all fit in one of the little compartments.

Old 2012-01-02, 5:53pm
Born Facing Left

I've seen those and been tempted...wonder if they're on sale all week?

Old 2012-01-02, 6:02pm
Catnip Pusher

Oh yeah! My DH got me one last year for V-day, and I filled it right up. It is great for all my tools!!

Aimee
Old 2012-01-02, 6:12pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am not sure when the sale ends so hurry. It is the bomb! I would never pay $54 for it.

Old 2012-01-02, 7:30pm

I have glass in mine. The glass that's not all over my work surface that is.

"Whether you believe that you can or believe that you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford
Old 2012-01-02, 7:34pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Good idea Pip

Old 2012-01-02, 9:20pm
Glass-aholic

I was looking at one of those to hold different size mandrels! I was gonna pour sand in a few different compartments to stick them in, bead release jar in the middle. I figured i would have a few extra spots to put stuff too. I just could not justify the $! Ha the things we see.. I'm glad we are all on the same page! Lol

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2012-01-02 at 9:23pm.
Old 2012-01-02, 9:27pm
Lampworkaholic!

I think those are 50% off all the time but if not you can always print a 40% off coupon on the Michaels website.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-01-02, 9:28pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Me likey!

Old 2012-01-02, 9:39pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am going back tomorrow to get another one for the bathroom for brushes, cosmetics etc.

Old 2012-01-03, 6:30am

Mine is loaded with jewelry tools.

Old 2012-01-03, 7:08am
Beadmaking.nl

Has Someone à link of THE store?

Old 2012-01-03, 9:24am

NICE! How 'bout using the drawer for frit, or frit holders, or enamel sifters?

Bette
Old 2012-01-03, 10:51am

The Michaels in Greensboro, NC will take an additional 10% off with a competitors coupon up to 50%. So if you use an AC Moore 50% coupon, Michaels will give you 60% off. It maybe worth it to use the competitors coupons instead of Michaels. The AC Moore stores here have coupons every week whereas Hobby Lobby's run every other week (you can print both of these store's coupons from the internet) and I'm sure there are other craft stores who have coupons as well.

Cheryl
Old 2012-01-03, 1:40pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
Has Someone à link of THE store?
I can't find it on their website ... any one else have any luck???
Old 2012-01-04, 11:39am

Thanks for posting this, I went to my local Michael's yesterday and found the carousel in the clearance row. I looked first by scrapbooking, but it was not there, lucky that I spotted the clearance isle with other storage pieces. I set it up by my torch and was able to do away with many containers. I put some fine silver wire in one of the drawers, cz's in another. Still have unfilled places.
Kris

mini cc, ng, & 2 concentrators
Old 2012-01-04, 11:53am
Jacqueline Parkes

Glad you like it Kris. I put rice in the middle section for mandrels today. My work table is far less cluttered now too.

Old 2012-01-04, 12:15pm
MacGalver

If you're looking for this item online, the name is "Making Memories Desktop Scrapbooking Carousel" so you might want to do a Google search or whatever. Saw a couple of them on Ebay, so that is a thought.... and I found it at kaboodle.com also... it seems like if you click around on the pictures of the item, you can see where it is for sale online, though most are more expensive than the Michael's price....

Good luck everybody!

Jo

Old 2012-01-04, 12:51pm
A True Woofer

I found one at my local Michael's. It was 19.99 (1/2 off 39.99), so a very good deal. It holds most of my tools and now my bench doesn't look like a hurricane hit it anymore.

Old 2012-01-04, 1:28pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaGirlBT View Post
I found one at my local Michael's. It was 19.99 (1/2 off 39.99), so a very good deal. It holds most of my tools and now my bench doesn't look like a hurricane hit it anymore.
Sweet deal!

Old 2012-01-05, 2:38pm
state-eternal change

Oo, that's cute! I use a paint brush carousel for mind

Old 2012-01-05, 2:55pm
GlassDocNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrunner View Post
The Michaels in Greensboro, NC will take an additional 10% off with a competitors coupon up to 50%. So if you use an AC Moore 50% coupon, Michaels will give you 60% off. It maybe worth it to use the competitors coupons instead of Michaels. The AC Moore stores here have coupons every week whereas Hobby Lobby's run every other week (you can print both of these store's coupons from the internet) and I'm sure there are other craft stores who have coupons as well.

Cheryl
Ooooh, that's a good idea Cheryl.
Old 2012-01-05, 6:05pm

Wow, great tip to pass on; thank you! Just ran by our Michael's here in Atlanta. Sale is half off all storage "things" in the scrapbooking area. It was originally marked at $ 39.00, bought for $ 20ish plus tax.

I unloaded all my large glass jars that held tools on my bench (which would sometimes tip over and break), and instead of 7 messy jars, have one unit.

Yes...now thinking of other areas in home to compartmentalize!

Thanks again for sharing!
Old 2012-01-05, 10:51pm
Mary Lockwood

I'm mentally spinning that around and I know exactly which of my tools I'd put in all those compartments. I like that the holes aren't so deep. Some of the organizers I've seen are so deep that the shorter tools get lost or you have to leave one side of the handles hanging over. I even know what picture I'd put in the side and what I'd put in the little drawer. LOL Definitely going to look for this at the craft stores this week. Thanks for the post!

Old 2012-01-07, 7:21pm

Is that heavy duty? I am currently using a Pampered Chef tool carousel, but the ball bearings aren't strong enough to easily spin the container when it's full (tool ho here).
Cheryl
Old 2012-01-07, 7:23pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriB View Post
Is that heavy duty? I am currently using a Pampered Chef tool carousel, but the ball bearings aren't strong enough to easily spin the container when it's full (tool ho here).
Cheryl
Yupp, it is all wood.

Old 2012-01-08, 4:44am

It is neat!
Old 2012-01-08, 8:07am

this is on ebay for $11.50! only thing is the seller wants $65.00 to ship to Israel!

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2012-01-08, 8:29am
Puddy Cat Lover

Great idea Gems! I have an old Carousel that I used to use when I sold Pampered chef. It's nice for holding tools but not as fancy as this one. Me like.

J.