Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-12-28, 2:50pm

Default Lighter Colors for Backing Implosion Pendants?

I made an implosion pendant yesterday using cherry rod encased with black and pulled into stringers. The result was a dark red with a faint black line. I couldn't decide what color to back the pendant with so I chose what I thought was a light cobalt. Wrong. The whole pendant is so dark that it's indistinguishable.

What are some good lighter colors that work well to back pendants? I've used white but I'm never very satisfied with it. What are your favorites?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-12-28, 4:15pm

Moss is nice. Kinda silky green looking.

Old 2009-12-29, 8:51am

I like using Momka's Silky Blue glass but have also found that her Charlie Brown is a surprisingly fun color to back with.. I have been trying to post a picture but my server is being reluctant. I am about reluctant to pay them!!! grrr..

Old 2009-12-29, 1:19pm

Try some chinese colors. That stuff is really light.

Old 2009-12-29, 4:40pm
Surrounded by Trouble

I use silver creek frit to back my darker pendants with, neat reactions can be seen through the lens.
If I want it really light I use AP small frit, as I can't get anything but amber from the small AP frit. Works well for this application.

Old 2009-12-29, 6:23pm

Thank you all. I've got some small AP and I'll give that a try. I just ordered some Amazon Bronze and some Butterscotch frit and I'm anxious to try that too.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-12-29, 7:00pm
Borovangelist

Clover Chameleon's fun. It turns light purples and greens.

|
|
Old 2009-12-29, 7:38pm
The Venerable Bead

silver sands or silver strike 5

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-01-05, 9:08pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

agua azul is not too pale but looks cool (well I like it!)