No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-09-03, 5:35pm
ManBearPig

Default Looking for ideas for garage studio

We are getting ready to move and I have to leave my studio behind. We have a big garage that I want to set up a temporary studio in until I can get a new studio built in the back yard.

Looking for ideas/examples of garage studios. Specifically ventilation solutions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-09-05, 6:26pm

I use a scratch and dent range hood(1200CFM) mounted to a temp(movable wall) that is vented to a window with 2 6" x 12' inch flexible metal ducting . The window is screened so I terminated the vents to a piece of plywood with holes in it for the vent lines. I put that in the bottum of the window and sealed it with winterizing tape to prevent any air returning in. I actually built a little workshop inside the garage using temp walls so I could also run a small portable AC and keep cool(not as hot).

I picked up the scratch and dent 1200CFM stainless steel hood for 200.00 delivered from a local appliance shop.
Old 2012-09-06, 3:59am

Hi glassbysasa,
What do you mean by temporary walls?
......and how did you put them up?
I am still looking for a way to survive in my garage this coming winter.
Thanks in advance,
Joan
Old 2012-09-06, 5:38am

Glassbysasa, could you maybe post a picture. I would be interested to see how your set-up looks. thank you very much, Linda
Old 2012-09-06, 11:44pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Hey Chad, this was my solution. I have 2 windows in my garage one has a 22000btu A/C the other I put the ventilation through as I did not want to put holes in the walls. Mounted the fan in a box outside the window, you can't hear my ventilation and it works great. I also have screens so I can open the garage door if I want.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=142413