Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-05-16, 3:57pm

Default My portable studio

A long long time ago someone asked about a portable set-up. Mine is finally arranged to go into the shed and come outside when I torch. It is not mobile, but I do finally have it arranged the way I think I want it! The last thing was the glass storage. Up until this week all my glass just lay on the second shelf. It was constantly mixed up and I never knew what I had or didn't have.

I bought the cart form harbour frieght and my kiln sits on the top shelf, then glass storage on the bottom is a basket with all my frit and tools and a metal tray that sits directly under my torch along with my hot head. The clamp and propane stay at the outdoor table I work on. I roll the cart in and out of the storage shed when I work.
Attached Images

SRA #C88

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-20, 9:39pm
FireDancer Glass

A great idea!

Christy
Old 2010-05-30, 8:02pm

I'm going to have to use this idea

Knight 7 port Little Dragon w/ Extreme Oxygen EX-15
Old 2010-06-15, 11:53am
Glass Attack

nice set up!
mine will have to be a bit different, as i will be running oxy/propane.
Old 2010-06-15, 3:03pm

Default DH and I have

talked about options for a propane/oxy set up. He suggested a second cart with the oxy bottle or oxycon on it that I wheel out as well. Right now the propane bottle sits on our back porch and has never been bothered. Actually on the weekends, I just leave everything set up overnight. Guess I have been lucky!

SRA #C88

Old 2010-06-15, 3:31pm

Hey Vicki! where, when did you get that big kiln? I'm envious. Looks like it'll hold a lot of beads. When it cools down again (months from now) we should get together for a play date.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-06-16, 3:45am

Default Kiln

Hi Donna!

It is a paragon bluebird. I believe I got it from Clay King. I bought it three years ago right after starting lampwork. Can't believe it has been three years already! I still feel like a newbie.

Would love to get together. Right now, I torch for 45 minutes, go inside, drink a big glass of water, sit in air conditioning for 10 to 15 minutes then back out. Some days it goes well, others, not so much.

Vicki

SRA #C88

Old 2014-07-14, 6:21am

Vicki why does it have smoke marks on it? Did something burn?

Mary Ann
DAUGHTER OF THE KING!
Loving life and Lampworking

Old 2014-08-14, 10:42am

Mary Ann,

I am just now seeing this question. Nothign burned the doors are always slightly propped open by the mandrels. the marks have built up over the 6 years i have had it?

SRA #C88