Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-16, 5:39pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for the up-date, Donna! Have fun with all the goodies, Sals... Well, after Sals, there's going to be one last Player to play her turn, and then we'll be wrapping up our Round VI. So...

I started a new thread: Boro-Box VII, so - if you wanna play our next Round, hop on over to sign yourself up! Our game is open to all...same rules, with a new one added in - most importantly the goal here is to have some good clean fun!

Being as our next Round will be marking our two-year anniversary of Boro-Box playing, I'd like to add some kind of a 'spin' for extra fun, so don't hold back - I'd love to hear your ideas...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-16, 7:35pm

Here's the link - I just signed up first! That's amazing, I'm never first at anything. Well. ok. Technically, you are first, Valerie...

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=104584
Old 2008-09-17, 2:29pm

Thanks for the pretty necklace Carol!!

Okay, here is the usps priority confirmation # 0703 8555 7490 0509 0168.

I put the following in the box:
3 1/2 rods of Momka's silver flambe
1 1/2 rods of Momka's blue flambe
2 1/2 rods of Momka's green flambe
3 1/2 rods of Momka's yellow pearl
2 1/2 FAT rods of triple passion

My takes:
1 1/2" hollow mandrel
a short red exotic short (say that 3 times fast lol)
1 blue velvet short
1 jaspar short
1 sienna short
1 black pearl short
1 full rod blue moon
1 full rod blue exotic
2 1/2 rods of purple urple
1 1/2 rod rose

I enclosed a couple of the 1/2 rods of Momka's new colors for the next player (trust me, she wouldn't want any of my wonkies!!) and a glass goody for Val. I also added alot more bubble wrap on certain items that were in the box and across the top of the box for extra padding.

Have fun with the box Sally!

Donna

Last edited by donnam; 2008-09-17 at 2:32pm. Reason: forgot to add note r/t next player gift
Old 2008-09-17, 6:03pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your super-duper trades, Donna - and for fixing up our Box, which is always appreciated when needed! Enjoy the goodies, Sals...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-18, 5:32am

I cannot wait to get the box!!!!!!

Sals
Old 2008-09-19, 5:49am

It's here! Whooo hoooo ... I'll be back in a little bit to report....

Sals
Old 2008-09-19, 7:33am
Serenity Now!

YAY! Have fun with it all, Sals...

We've got 11 Boro-fiends signed up so far for our next Round...If you wanna play, please hop on over to sign-up in that thread...

Old 2008-09-19, 11:46am

Yippee! First of all - thank you Donna for the glass! I will enjoy trying out new glass.

Okay - this is what I took:

1 skeleton key
ns yellow short
ns periwinkle short
ufo blue fat short
1 pretty twisty cane
1 aurora trails rod
1 blue flambe - Momka
1 silver flambe - Momka
1 fat triple passion GA?
1 long persimmon strike GA?
1 Octoberfest set of 6 colors ??
1 bundle of four 1/4 in by approx 12 in. heavy wall tubing
1 frit maker
* I forgot to add cabachon mandrel - ooops

I put in:
1 ns/pc silver pearl short
1 ns aurora short
1 ns indigo aventurine short
1 ns rhapsody short
1 ns amethyst short
1 rod Momka Silver Beach
1 rod Momka Autumn Swirl
1 rod PC Silver Tan Creek
1 rod GA Solara
1 rod NS Steel Wool
and to replace Octoberfest set I put in Momka's:
Xmas
Ivy green
Alaska night
crystal blue
black rose
Charles Brown
a small sheet of copper mesh
a bundle of four approx 1/2inch by 12 inch med wall tubing
a graphite reamer
a graphite rod approx 3/4 inch by 12 inch
a goodie for the next player
and a goodie for Val.

I will post again when I have shipped the box on. Val, who is next???

Sals

Last edited by Sarabella; 2008-09-19 at 12:39pm. Reason: forgot item taken - found it on my table!
Old 2008-09-19, 2:08pm
Serenity Now!

Wow - fab trades, Sal - and lightning-quick to boot! Will PM you our LAST Boro-Box VI Player's info...ain't no secret here - it's going to be going to my very own twin!!! Thanks very much for my gift, too Sals...

Enjoy, Christy, sweetie - I've got something extra-special in mind for you, so don't forget to PM me when you receive our Box!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-09-19 at 2:11pm.
Old 2008-09-20, 4:32am
Serenity Now!

I just received back one of our Boxes from round VI! Wow - first of all, I can't get over the care some of you guys took - everything was wrapped up so perfectly - and we only suffered a few glass casualties...

THANK YOU all SO much for all my wonderful gifties ~ I felt like a kid on Christmas morning yesterday - sitting in the middle of my Studio floor, with your love all around me...

Thanks to Jeff for a beautiful heart, Barbara and Lea for such pretty beads, Heidi for some of her gorgeous ribbbons, Carol for some fab beads, including a cool copper-lined one, Tiggy and Darcy - ladies - you've GOT to show more of your work - your beads are truly original and awesome...

Jerri - your snowman implosion just cracked me up! I can't believe how long our round lasted - well, of course, 'cause we made it two rounds - it's almost time for snow again! <yikes> He's gonna get a special place of honour...

I also received a cute little jar, some hair clips, a fabulous goddess statue, and an amazing fused glass/silver pendant - but I don't know WHO they're from!!! If you were the artist, I'd love to know, to be able to acknowledge and thank you...

Please don't hate me after this long post...I know: I feel like the luckiest glass-girl today - thank you ALL so very much...

Old 2008-09-20, 6:59am
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
I also received a cute little jar, some hair clips, a fabulous goddess statue, and an amazing fused glass/silver pendant - but I don't know WHO they're from!!! If you were the artist, I'd love to know, to be able to acknowledge and thank you...
Is the goddess green & blue? If so, it is mine, Val, from before I started working boro on this lynx and learned that boro can actually flow... I'm a little embarrassed by it now, but I put that in there a loooong time ago. Does the Glass & Silver Pendant have a fish on it? If so, then its from me also, but its not boro... FINALLY sending out your box of shards and some stuff for the next round today.

And... I got the beads from you Val! Thank you!!!!
I need to make something from them, but right now is not the time since Uly apparently wants attention; he's squeaking. For a big dog, he makes some pretty funny noises.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2008-09-20 at 7:02am.
Old 2008-09-20, 10:52am
Serenity Now!

Yes, and yes on both counts, Hannah! They're both fabulous - I particularly like the fused glass pendant with the fish - very cool...

Thanks for sending along some goodies for our next round - you totally rock!

Old 2008-09-20, 7:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Wow - fab trades, Sal - and lightning-quick to boot! Will PM you our LAST Boro-Box VI Player's info...ain't no secret here - it's going to be going to my very own twin!!! Thanks very much for my gift, too Sals...

Enjoy, Christy, sweetie - I've got something extra-special in mind for you, so don't forget to PM me when you receive our Box!

I just sawthis! Yahoo! I'm leaving Wednesday, so let's hope, hope, hope it gets here early next week!!!!! Yahoo, I am excited!
Old 2008-09-20, 7:27pm

Val, you never got my gift??

These were my swap adds from months back (June 1).

Here's the pix of it in the lower left in the white organza bag with my card...
Attached Images

My Non-Glass Sites:

Last edited by Hels; 2008-09-20 at 7:30pm.
Old 2008-09-21, 4:13am
Serenity Now!

I'm gonna miss you twin - while you're away on your fabulous getaway... Helen - it's hard to make out from your pic, but is it the cute little glass jar?! I did get a couple of those hair clips I see (with thanks), and now my new jar is the only gift I received that I don't know who it's from...it's cute - it's clear glass, with some dots, and has a wee cork - looks kinda like a little milk jug...it came in an organza bag, but with no card attached...

Old 2008-09-21, 4:15am
Serenity Now!

...Ohhh to be able to go back to the balmy month of June...

Old 2008-09-21, 11:16am
Still makin' flowers...

Helen: Did you have the same box as I did? Val hasn't recieved both boroboxes back yet.

Oh, its still lovely here during the day, but the evenings are getting cold. David and I made a fire last night when he got home from work and we had some wine. I am actually looking forward to the first snowfall, although I'm sure once it happens it'll get old really quickly. I love living in the mountains.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-09-21, 2:01pm
Serenity Now!

Yes, it was the same box, Hannah...I don't mind the snow so much - just not 11 feet of it, and not piled up higher than my first-floor windows...

Old 2008-09-21, 7:36pm

Any chance of getting a tracking number for the box? i only have tomorrow and Tuesday to be able to turn it around. not that I obsess or anything. What? -- just because it's only in my house for 2 hours or less doesn't mean I'm an ACOA pleaser...
Old 2008-09-21, 8:49pm
Mandrel Slayer

Send me some of that cold air. We are melting like glass down here with out power for our AC.

Scorched in Texas.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-09-22, 4:28am
Serenity Now!

I'm blowing as hard as I can, Bonny...only 42 this morning...brrrrr.
Hope things improve for you real quick!

Old 2008-09-22, 11:16am

'k - Christy - heads up! The box is on its way ...0307 3330 0001 5612 5755.

Oh, and I slipped in an off-mandrel lentil press, because I didn't think the box was
heavy enough ... LOL

Sals
Old 2008-09-22, 11:41am

No... I don't think it was a glass jug.... how's this for horrible? I don't remember what I sent for a gift! LOL! But I don't think I sent a clear glass jug (I might have sent a jug tho), and my card was attached, with a to Val on the back of it.

Hannah, that could be it, I was in the East Box.

Anyway, I just wanted you to get it... er... whatever I put in there... The lower left white organza bag ones were the gifts, 1 to val, 1 to next player. The hair clips were just a bag of hair clips for the box. It was just a small gift, no big deal.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-28, 4:22pm
Serenity Now!

Fred and Mary get married but couldn't afford a honeymoon, so they go back to Fred's Mom and Dad's house for their first night together.

In the morning, Johnny, Fred's little brother, gets up and has his breakfast.

As he is going out of the door to go to school, he asks his mom if Fred and Mary are up yet.

She replies, 'No'.

Johnny asks, 'Do you know what I think?'

His mom replies, 'I don't want to hear what you think! Just go to school.'

Johnny comes home for lunch and asks his mom,
'Are Fred and Mary up yet?'

She replies, 'No.'

Johnny says, 'Do you know what I think?'

His mom replies, 'Never mind what you think! Eat your lunch and go back to school .'

After school, Johnny comes home and asks again,
'Are Fred and Mary up yet?'

His mom says, 'No.'

He asks, 'Do you know what I think?'

His mom replies, 'Ok, now tell me what you think?'

He says: 'Last night Fred came to my room for the Vaseline and I think...

I gave him my airplane glue.

Old 2008-10-02, 10:13am

Oh gosh you guys, sorry it's taken me so long! Sally - thank you for the beautiful heart and the murini. that was a sweet remembory!

I came back from Napa to an ER hospital with what turned out to be pneumonia and all I've been doing since then is sleeping and - well - pretty much nothing else. just sleeping. So i'll just say I'll take some stuff and put in some stuff and send it back to you Val. i need your address. thanks!
Old 2008-10-02, 1:28pm
Serenity Now!

Perfect, Christy! I'll send you an e-mail, sweetie...Hope you feel a LOT better real quick!

And so this wraps-up our Round V and VI of our Boro-Box game. If you want to join in on our next Round, please hop on over to the new thread, and sign-up today.

Sign-ups will be open for another week or so, and then we'll be ready to rock 'n roll...

Old 2008-10-11, 1:09pm
Serenity Now!

Well between pneumonia and other stuff, Christy was able to get our Box back out to me, and I should have it in a few days... This is the LAST CALL for sign-ups for our new Round...sign-ups will be closed as of Monday the 13th...and I should be getting our new Round up and running in just a few days now...