Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-12-16, 10:31pm
The Andrea Half

Here's more playing:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-16, 11:33pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadia View Post
Also,... I like if more silver came to the surface, I seem to be losing mine,
any suggestions?
I just realized I forgot to answer this question. If you're using silver leaf, you're not going to get as much silver showing up in the design. I use silver foil which is thicker than leaf. And if you want even more silver, you could always put two layers of silver over the bead instead of one.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-16, 11:35pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourTailsLampwork View Post
Here's more playing:

Yes another gorgeous bead! I love it. Thank you for showing it.

I love when you all show me your beads.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-21, 5:01am
Beadmaking.nl

I would like to order it, but it is sold out!

Old 2008-12-21, 5:07am
Oh No You Didn't!

Sorry, I do still have some listed. Try this link.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6127741

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-21, 5:11am
Oh No You Didn't!

I fixed the other link too. Thank you.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-26, 10:56am

just ordered!
Thanks can't wait to try it.....Darlene

Old 2009-01-02, 7:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

they are, aren't they Kandice?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 7:51pm

Great tut! Loved playing with it. Thanks!
Old 2009-01-02, 7:52pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I'm loving all the techniques I'm learning!
Old 2009-01-02, 8:13pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I know there's something going on that I'm unaware of.... but, thank you....LOL

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2009-01-02, 8:42pm
birdergirl ~o~

Smile Thanks Deb!

Just caught this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
I just realized I forgot to answer this question. If you're using silver leaf, you're not going to get as much silver showing up in the design. I use silver foil which is thicker than leaf. And if you want even more silver, you could always put two layers of silver over the bead instead of one.
I'll try tracking down some foil.
Thank you.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-01-02, 9:15pm
Hole Challenged

Will this tutorial work for 90 COE? I have the silver foil but don't use 104.

Old 2009-01-02, 9:19pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Melodie, I've never used 90 COE glass, so I really don't know. Sorry.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2009-01-02, 9:33pm
Hole Challenged

Thanks for being so upfront about it. I noticed it doesn't require any special glass so I might just have to add it to my wish list. Boy is my list getting loooong .... and I don't do beads. I think I just like collecting tutorials.

Old 2009-01-06, 6:27pm
The Andrea Half

The basic technique (spreading the twistie into nougat dots) will work in BE --- I had done that a while back -- but I don't know about the specific colors or the cobalt / denim blue reaction. I may play with it and see -- I need an excuse to pull more twisties!

Old 2010-08-03, 2:00pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am going to bump this tutorial as I just purchased it and played for a couple of days. I cannot say how much I have enjoyed it and I have only begun to scrape the surface of possibilities. Thank you for such a creative , fun and easy to understand tutorial. You can get good results immediately.