LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-13, 9:32am

Roo seems to me at the time I ordered my skull press De at glasszone (I think) had asked Manuela to place the mandrel holes differently just for her....so she does some make special
Good luck-
Old 2012-11-13, 10:01am
Melting

I have the beadpress puffy trio and love it. I tried to get the link but it appears her site is down right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2012-11-13, 10:10am
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnehlers View Post
I have the beadpress puffy trio and love it. I tried to get the link but it appears her site is down right now.
Hey there, Teresa! Long time no type, or something....I'm glad you saw that, I tried today to check my account and see if they had any info for me but I couldn't get onto their site. I just thought it was Verizon messing with me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Oops View Post
Roo seems to me at the time I ordered my skull press De at glasszone (I think) had asked Manuela to place the mandrel holes differently just for her....so she does some make special
Good luck-
Thanks Lois, I did notice their site even says something about accomodating different sizes or orientation of mandrel holes. And I DO want to order a couple presses from them as well....but I just don't think they need my entire DOB. That's just too snoopy.

How can I successfully lie about my age if I have to keep writing it down everywhere???

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2012-11-13, 11:44am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Blaty View Post
Lyssa, you live in Hawaii....you aren't allowed to whine.
I know it's weird that I consider myself *stuck* here and don't WANT to live in Hawaii, but where I came from is my own idea of "paradise". Just wish someone could trade with me.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-11-13, 12:14pm
...displaced ocean lover

Can you see me holding my hand up????

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-13, 12:51pm
Melting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Blaty View Post
Hey there, Teresa! Long time no type, or something....I'm glad you saw that, I tried today to check my account and see if they had any info for me but I couldn't get onto their site. I just thought it was Verizon messing with me again.

No, I think it's their site. It is still down.

BTW - your profile picture is beautiful! I love that view.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2012-11-13, 1:59pm

I think the site of maria-louise is hecked or something . I got some weird text.
Crappy photo's of even more crappy bead but you get an idea of the middle size from the puffy heart trio:

Visit my Etsy:

Visit My ebay:
Old 2012-11-13, 2:09pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnehlers View Post
No, I think it's their site. It is still down.

BTW - your profile picture is beautiful! I love that view.
Thanks!! At first I thought you were talking about the "stalker" picture of me in front of Stephen King's house!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnevz View Post
I think the site of maria-louise is hecked or something . I got some weird text.
Crappy photo's of even more crappy bead but you get an idea of the middle size from the puffy heart trio:

Oooooooooh! That is such a perfectly puffy little heart!!!
I emailed her about the problem and got an email back:

Unfortunately the hosting company changed servers and didn’t tested properly if my website worked on their new server.

I hope to have this settled tomorrow so everybody can log in again.

Poor thing, that's such a bad deal considering her business is ONLINE.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-13, 2:26pm

[quote=Roo Blaty;4161448]Thank you! I wrote her a note in the place she provides and then thought, "Wow, why do I always assume people speak English"?

Maybe because a lot of us do in europe ( at least in the netherlands)

Visit my Etsy:

Visit My ebay:
Old 2012-11-14, 5:43am

Bavarian beads will put the mandrel guides in both ways if you want, you just have to let them know thats what you want. I can't really tell you how long it takes to get your order from them as they were on vacation when I ordered mine so it took longer than normal. But I would say it took 2 weeks probably.

Old 2012-11-14, 6:24am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalBeads View Post
http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/...-of-glass.html

Julie does some fab heart beads, she wrote a blog page that shows lots of heart presses and the beads they made, take time to read her blog loads of great info can be found also there is a heart tutorial that I really need to try.
Personally I have 2 favourite heart presses http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product...roducts_id=337 and D in Julie's blog which is no longer available

http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/
Wow! Thank you for this link! She really knows her hearts and heart presses.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-11-15, 9:31am

UCBC press by a person named Cindy (Had twin boys) from Edmonton, Alberta
Canada had some very nice bead heart presses that made the puffy ones.
No longer made but a nice one to get if you ever see one for sale.
Katie
Old 2012-11-15, 10:10am

Default Heart Press

The Cindy heart press

Katie
Old 2012-11-15, 12:37pm
...displaced ocean lover

Sooooo....wanna sell it?

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-15, 12:51pm

No-it was a real challenge to get used to it. Especially the largest one. What I like about it
is that you can use it vertical or horizontal.
Katie
Old 2012-11-15, 3:29pm
...displaced ocean lover

Yes I noticed that! VERY clever!

What was the hardest part, if you don't mind me asking???

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-15, 6:32pm

Adding enough glass to the sides and front to get it puffy without it squishing through where the holes would be. Just a lot of practice.
Katie
Old 2012-11-17, 11:14am

How long does it usually take for Bavarian Beads to answer an e-mail? I sent an e-mail 2 or 3 days ago and haven't heard anything. I didn't know if they were on holiday or something like that. Just wondering?
Old 2012-11-17, 2:35pm
...displaced ocean lover

Ok, I'm crazy I guess. I couldn't make up my mind which I liked better, the German press was flatter but a really nice shape and area for decoration and the ones from Holland were so cute and puffy...so I ordered from both.

Since I ordered the same day I will be able to tell who sends quickly. Also, I'll know who has better communication/customer service.

I've never heard from Manuela except the auto replies.
But Maria wrote me back right away. However, Bavarian has already sent an email that states the order is in progress. Which I guess could mean anything.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-17, 10:37pm
Melody of Glass

I did it....pulled the trigger on the Bavarian Bead . I've got a question in as to whether she will do a custom one with two sizes. If not, it's the 30 mm heart real 3D (M).

WARNING: If you are going to the Bavarian Beads site for your heart press, get in, get your heart, get out. Otherwise, 4 presses later, you may end up doing some serious damage to your credit card. You've been warned...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-18, 8:49am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I use the Zoozii's but then I let the flame round the shape for me.
Old 2012-11-19, 9:46am
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
I did it....pulled the trigger on the Bavarian Bead . I've got a question in as to whether she will do a custom one with two sizes. If not, it's the 30 mm heart real 3D (M).

WARNING: If you are going to the Bavarian Beads site for your heart press, get in, get your heart, get out. Otherwise, 4 presses later, you may end up doing some serious damage to your credit card. You've been warned...
Bwahahahahaaaaaa...and yes, you are correct.
Same with Beadpress. (Just so you know)

Also, I never heard from Manuela personally but did get an auto-reply that my pressES are on the way. She never answered my question about the mandrel size.
Maria did AND personally let me know that my PRESSES from Holland are on their way as well.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-19, 4:17pm
Melody of Glass

Manuela got back to me today and let me know that I could customize the heart press. Hoping it doesn't take long to do bc I'm excited to get them!

I tried the Dutch website a few times and it was down so I couldn't comparison shop.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-19, 6:41pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
I have this one in XL: http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product...roducts_id=337

It's a gorgeous shape and sells very well. Makes wonderful pendants!
I have this press as well - & it was because of Steffi posting that exact same pic about 12 months ago that I bought it .

I love Bavarian Beads presses I have a few of them now. The only one I don't like is the star one, don't know why, I just can't get it right. The orders only ever take a couple of weeks to get to Australia from Germany, so I would imagine it would take about the same to the US/Canada.

Old 2012-11-19, 8:09pm
...displaced ocean lover

Thumbs up

Robyn, that's as good a reason as any to order a press!

Caliente, I'm jealous she talked to you! But my presses are all on the way!

I thought that Maria had her site back up? You still can't get on? They are awesome and puffy! (you really need presses from both sites!!)

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-20, 5:07am
Melody of Glass

Nope, still can't get in to Maria's.

Manuela from Bavarian Beads got back to me again. Since there was room for a third cavity on the custom press I ordered, she added it at no charge. Shipping at the end of the week. I am one happy customer!

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-20, 7:11am

I ordered from Bavarian Beads and got a reply the order was in process. You gotta love Google for translating!!!!!

Thank you PurpleDragon for mentioning you could get the mandrel guides both ways. Saved me some money!!!!
Old 2012-11-20, 9:33am
I speak Murrini!

I re-ordered a custom Skull Press from Manuela...yeah, I know...here I go again! and she can do amazing things in altering the size, mandrel position and diameter. I mostly make BHB's, so I had her make the mandrel slots larger! She's just great like that! Payment was sent on the 12th, so I'm figuring it will be a couple weeks getting to me, but I know her great quality so I'm sure my patience will pay off...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-11-20, 10:22am
...displaced ocean lover

Default So many awesome presses...how can we choose??

Dang! I wish I could have asked Manuela to make the mandrel run both ways! Poooh...oh well, they will still be pretty awesome. I hope the mandrel holes are bigger though, like I had asked about.

I really felt bad that the site in Holland was down since some of you were wanting to see it so I emailed Maria Louisa and she sent a couple of replies. This might help if some of you wanted to check her heart presses out. Here are her replies:

My friend Miriam Steger, she is my website person, is back from vacations this weekend so somewhere next week the website will be up and running again.

Oh forgot to mention, but I have an Etsy shop too with some of the heartpresses there.

But because it’s in dollars (never know the exact exchange rate and it differs from day to day) think the total price will be a little more than at my regular website.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlassBeadSculptress

I’ll see if I can add all my heartpresses in my etsy shop too tonight.

Kind regards,
Maria Louisa
[/color]
[/color][/font]

[quote=bseibenhener;4167445] You gotta love Google for translating!!!!QUOTE]

Yes indeed!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-20, 11:26am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Does me no good if they don't show a picture of a sample bead made from the press. I can't tell what it's gonna look like just by looking at the press. :\

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlassBeadSculptress

ETA to fix quotation.

~
~

#M-191

Last edited by Lyssa; 2012-11-20 at 11:32am.

Tags
heart presses, hearts