Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-09-26, 5:04pm

Default Real Time Inventory @ Frantz

One of our problems in the past was taking orders for glass that is not in stock. Ever since we went to our Zen Cart which is not part of our accounting program that runs our business, keeping a real time inventory was not being done. This is bad for our customers and for bad for us. We take an order, we print an order, we try to fill an order, then we try to contact our customer telling them that the color that they picked on the website is not available, this causes delays for our customers and costs us valuable time and money.

Recently our Marketing Department has taken this problem very seriously and I am happy to report that our real time inventory on our website is about 99% correct. We have to impliment cycle counts (keeping inventory correct) on our glass, tools and supplies.

So when you look at our website and you do not see the words OUT OF STOCK, once you have clicked a color and are taken to a second window for actually ordering the color, then you can be 99% sure that we have that color in stock.

This requires more women/man power, but our goal is to be the BEST retailer of Effetre, Messy, Vetrofond, Double Helix, Precission, TAG, Glass Alchemy, Northstar, Simax, Kimax and Kimble in the land. With the additional hiring of another sales rep and two part time employees filling orders and with our constant cross training of employees to take orders we are able to give better customer service. And even I am taking orders over the phone.

If you did not know it, I am proud to tell you that Frantz Art Glass is the largest buyer of DH glass in the world! We keep a nice inventory and when we run out, it is only a twenty minute ride to Double Helix from Frantz Art Glass and Supply.

I found out from our last few sales that some customers were not happy waiting extra days for their orders. I thought that big discounts, free gifts and even free shipping would keep everyone happy, but I was wrong and I lost a few customers. Perhaps a button they could push that would say:

I really do not want the extra discounts, free gifts or free shipping, just ship my stuff and give your goodies to others who are not in a hurry. That may sound silly, but perhaps it would work. I understand that if a customer needs a container of bead release or a new torch, they can not and should not wait a week.....Still do not have a good solution for that one.

Your ideas and comments are always welcome.

We are here to make your purchasing experience as painless in your purse or wallet as possible and to ship orders out quickly and correctly.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-09-26, 6:32pm
And silence is golden

I did not mind the wait at all Mike. It seems as though every vendor has some sort of glitch. It's the vendor who doesn't get to my order, and a month later still nothing, that ruffles my feathers.

Now I have to get a car to go with my new lisence plate bracket!
Old 2009-09-26, 6:39pm

Default For a Sunday Drive

Quote:
I did not mind the wait at all Mike. It seems as though every vendor has some sort of glitch. It's the vendor who doesn't get to my order, and a month later still nothing, that ruffles my feathers.

Now I have to get a car to go with my new lisence plate bracket!
A Corvette I hope!

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-26, 6:44pm

Can I put, "take your time, and send me their goodies?"
Old 2009-09-26, 6:52pm
And silence is golden

Though the bracket would look "HOT" on a red corvette, it's not my choice. What's wrong with a Lamborgini! Now that's sporty!!! I kind of have my sights set on the Altima. Some say it's not American, and some say it is.

Don't you have license brackets for bicycles?
Old 2009-09-27, 3:29am

Hi Mike, I did wait for my order, and it was well worth it, the gifts are wonderful, and your customer service was great. I did pass a note on to DeDe to share with all of you, that I did appreciate all the effort and all the free gifts. I am part owner in a large manufacturing plant, and realize all the pain in getting behind in customer orders, I am the one who takes all the complaint calls, and I fell for yah. LOL, at least my customers don't have a public forum to vent their anger and disappointments.
Old 2009-09-27, 4:20am

mike,
i want to tell you that whenever i call frantz, i am treated to exceptional customer service. when i call, your company is well represented with kindness, expertise and friendliness. if i ask a question they cannot answer, they find the answer quickly. they even go pull glass while i wait so they can tell me if the opal yellow is dark or light or if it has rings or blushing. everyone at frantz follows your example and goes the extra distance to make sure when i place an order i know what i am ordering and am happy with my choices.

the only improvement you could make for me would be to relocate to my town so i could enjoy your bash and see all the glass in person. any chance of a new england frantz?

the glass world should be in ecstasy over the sales and service you offer. the free shipping, fabulous and unheard of discounts, the extensive glass choices and your customer service are bonuses in difficult times. when the economy tanked, you started offering discounts and sales to help all of us continue melting glass. each week, you surpassed your last sale and made it possible for us to buy what otherwise might be too costly.

personally, i think you have gone above and beyond any possible expectations in providing the glass world with the latest product, service beyond reproach, and discounts that never cease to astound me.

if anyone complains, i would just chalk it up to "no good deed goes unpunished". please do not get discouraged because the majority of your customers value your service and thank their lucky stars for frantz art glass....kathy
Old 2009-09-27, 4:47am

Default Thank You Very Much

Quote:
mike,
i want to tell you that whenever i call frantz, i am treated to exceptional customer service. when i call, your company is well represented with kindness, expertise and friendliness. if i ask a question they cannot answer, they find the answer quickly. they even go pull glass while i wait so they can tell me if the opal yellow is dark or light or if it has rings or blushing. everyone at frantz follows your example and goes the extra distance to make sure when i place an order i know what i am ordering and am happy with my choices.

the only improvement you could make for me would be to relocate to my town so i could enjoy your bash and see all the glass in person. any chance of a new england frantz?

the glass world should be in ecstasy over the sales and service you offer. the free shipping, fabulous and unheard of discounts, the extensive glass choices and your customer service are bonuses in difficult times. when the economy tanked, you started offering discounts and sales to help all of us continue melting glass. each week, you surpassed your last sale and made it possible for us to buy what otherwise might be too costly.

personally, i think you have gone above and beyond any possible expectations in providing the glass world with the latest product, service beyond reproach, and discounts that never cease to astound me.

if anyone complains, i would just chalk it up to "no good deed goes unpunished". please do not get discouraged because the majority of your customers value your service and thank their lucky stars for frantz art glass....kathy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You just made my day and reminded me of the Golden Rule and how good it feels to be told that we are doing it right. These times are hard for not only us, but for our customers who struggle with our downturn economy.

What really is bad is the dollar verses the Euro. This week went spent $1.50 to buy one Euro. It is my job to come up with each weeks sale and I am running out of ideas.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 5:32am

mike,
i hope that the glass world understands that by offering all the sales and free shipping and endless other perks, you are limiting your profit. those hidden costs of euro transfer fees and shipping to air lift glass to get it to us sooner, are costs that you absorb without compensation. our good fortune with your glass sales means lower profit margins for you.

recently, i made a small purchase of jewelry making supplies and was shocked at the euro transfer fee i was charged. my purchase was tiny so i can only imagine what it costs you to bring the glass to the united states.

mike, tons of people applaud and value your business practices and how hard you work to bring us the best glass available. i thank you for doing what you do for us...kath
Old 2009-09-27, 5:50am
2 Red Dogs

Mike,
You stated up front in your post announcing the sale that there would probably be a delay in shipping. It was on your website that there would be a delay. You set expectations appropriatly. It's kind of like shopping on Black Friday. You know what you're getting into before you go. I think there is some responsibilty on the customer part to either let you know they need expidited shipping (or the order shipped ahead of sale items with no free shipping or other perks.) You just can't please every one, but I think you have pleased a lot of people.

Cricket & EX 15
Old 2009-09-27, 6:00am
Melting

I still haven't gotten my labor day order....but that is probably because I put it on hold!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I wasn't in any hurry and I told you guys that. I have always been thrilled with the customer service I have received from everyone at Frantz!

Now as for sales, I would be SO happy if you put silver glass half-off (even just a couple reducing colors) - then maybe I could actually afford some!
BUT...since I know I had better not hold my breath on that one...I have loved your sales and whatever you put on sale I usually buy (or at least some of it). Half-off is just too good to pass up.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-09-27, 6:12am

Default Thanks

Quote:
Mike,
You stated up front in your post announcing the sale that there would probably be a delay in shipping. It was on your website that there would be a delay. You set expectations appropriatly. It's kind of like shopping on Black Friday. You know what you're getting into before you go. I think there is some responsibilty on the customer part to either let you know they need expidited shipping (or the order shipped ahead of sale items with no free shipping or other perks.) You just can't please every one, but I think you have pleased a lot of people.
Thanks for your post, but I do need to take a bit of blame as that disclaimer came after the sale had kicked our butts. Never had I thought that combining the biggest discounts on any size order, free gifts and free shipping over a holiday weekend would bring us close to 400 web orders!

I learn from my good and bad experiences and will continue to keep making Frantz Art Glass a great place to shop.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 6:16am
BeadsonCypress

what Theresa said......

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-09-27, 8:29am
uncouthful cats

Mike,

I have no problem with delays during big sales. It's expected. And the goodies are lots of fun!

However, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you are evil. I've seen posts before, but it hasn't yet been said here. Til now. Evil. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had 2 or 3 orders in various stages of process at the same time (like now). Nab a few things, then a new sale comes on. Or new glasses come in. Or both. Sometimes I feel there is a constant stream of packages coming from your warehouse to my house. Deliciously evil.

I DO like the new inventory system. I never order more that a little glass at a time, mostly when I discover I'm low on a color, or when I've tried a new color & find I really like it & want more. So it has been disappointing when, a few days out, I find out a third to half of my order is out of stock. It's great to have that info. up front. Thank you!

One final thing, Mike - I've written & called & haven't received any answer to my question - do you have any of that CIM transparent red left from the Bash??? A friend who went gave me a rod, & I love it! Please tell me there is some left I might buy!!

Thanks again for everything.
Nancie

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2009-09-27, 9:06am

Default Red Transparent

Quote:
Mike,

I have no problem with delays during big sales. It's expected. And the goodies are lots of fun!

However, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you are evil. I've seen posts before, but it hasn't yet been said here. Til now. Evil. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had 2 or 3 orders in various stages of process at the same time (like now). Nab a few things, then a new sale comes on. Or new glasses come in. Or both. Sometimes I feel there is a constant stream of packages coming from your warehouse to my house. Deliciously evil.

I DO like the new inventory system. I never order more that a little glass at a time, mostly when I discover I'm low on a color, or when I've tried a new color & find I really like it & want more. So it has been disappointing when, a few days out, I find out a third to half of my order is out of stock. It's great to have that info. up front. Thank you!

One final thing, Mike - I've written & called & haven't received any answer to my question - do you have any of that CIM transparent red left from the Bash??? A friend who went gave me a rod, & I love it! Please tell me there is some left I might buy!!

Thanks again for everything.
Nancie
I have a little note asking me to call someone up about some CiM red, I bet that is you! I was just not answering it because you have some red and I am unable to see it to be sure.....but my best guess it is Sangre and I just went to my computer and see I have around 40 pounds with 60 coming in October, so YES, it is probably Sangre, unless it was really purple red and then it is another color, but Sangre is a beautiful red.

When it comes to Effetre, we are only low on a few colors, but we are missing a large number of Messy Unique colors, and most of them will be coming in October.

So now that you know which color you were looking for and since we have it in stock. Mr. Evil has forced you into sending us another order?

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 9:06am
Formerly known as LT

What more free shipping??!! Oh I better go look!

Old 2009-09-27, 9:34am
uncouthful cats

Welllll, Mike, I have sangre, along with both uniques, & this glass looks like none of those. It's closest to the regular sangre, but very transparent (you can see your fingers through it), & slightly more purple than regular sangre. Could it be different batches? The sangre I have is NOT transparent in the rod (can't see anything through it), & I don't remember thinking - a-ha, this is it! - when I used some. This "unknown" red, on the other hand, is an a-ha! glass. Just the transparent red I've been looking for. I suppose it's possible it's not even CIM since the folks who went to the Bash came back with so much glass & so many new colors that a transparent red was considered pretty ho-hum.

So - does that ring any bells?

Nancie

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2009-09-27, 9:45am
Looking for my waistline

I have to wait a week for my glass to get here anyway. I live on the opposite shoreline. My only question is this...

When, oh when are you going to restock your Vetro Black!?!
Old 2009-09-27, 10:08am

Quote:
I have to wait a week for my glass to get here anyway. I live on the opposite shoreline. My only question is this...

When, oh when are you going to restock your Vetro Black!?!
Oh Crap
The Black

I guess I need to ask if they have made clear, black and white and if so I guess I need them to send in some samples.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 11:55am

Mike you are an
person LMAO I have ordered more glass form you in the last month than I ever have cause of your sales. It took a week for my labor day order to ship and of course i want it now now now but i am in KY so know that aint gonna happen but oh man is the wait worth it LMAO. keep having yoru sales and
to the people that gave you a hard time. Ya dont need them anyway.............you have the rest of us LMAO And i know I aint gonna go away! So here is a
to you and your people, They truely are #1 in customer service to me.

Old 2009-09-29, 4:53pm

i was really impressed during frantz's big sale. a couple days after my order, i dealt with someone named shantalle who, in spite of how busy everything was, very nicely allowed me to change my shipping and my order.

and i love it that it seems mike actually enjoys selling glass and dealing with people. it appears to me that he doesn't look at it as "just a job".
Old 2009-09-29, 4:54pm

i was really impressed during frantz's big sale. a couple days after my order, i dealt with someone named shantalle who, in spite of how busy everything was, very nicely allowed me to change my shipping and my order.

and i love it that it seems mike actually enjoys selling glass and dealing with people. it appears to me that he doesn't look at it as "just a job".
Old 2009-09-29, 5:28pm
Ready to hit the road

I've got a small request, Mike. I ordered last week and got an email with the invoice attached, FRA161.HTM, but when I try to open the attachment, it won't open. I'm on a Mac, if that makes any difference. I would like to see the invoice listed in the message as text or a pdf or jpg, if it's an option.

Old 2009-09-29, 5:54pm

Default Mac Attack

Quote:
I've got a small request, Mike. I ordered last week and got an email with the invoice attached, FRA161.HTM, but when I try to open the attachment, it won't open. I'm on a Mac, if that makes any difference. I would like to see the invoice listed in the message as text or a pdf or jpg, if it's an option.
I will speak to Keith about this in the morning.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-29, 6:12pm
Did someone say SALE?

I was fine with the wait, and even told my husband I almost felt guilty for getting all the freebies along with some super-discounted glass, plus FREE shipping on top of it all.

Ok.... well not guilty enough to send it all back, but y'know what I mean.
THANKS!!!
Old 2009-09-29, 7:13pm
FKA Stacia

I, too, was delighted with the big sale and free shipping! Two of the items I ordered were out of stock and I got a call the next day to discuss it. The person I spoke with was friendly and ready with several alternatives. It was great. I was so fine with waiting. With a big sale like this, I didn't expect next day shipping. And, if I remember correctly, you let folks know that there might be longer arrival time due to the volume.

You just can't make everyone happy, but I sure am and quite a few that posted prior to me. Thanks again,

Oh, loved the hard candy. Made me smile and it's a really nice touch.

Stacia
Old 2009-09-30, 6:45am
Ready to hit the road

Quote:
Oh, loved the hard candy. Made me smile and it's a really nice touch.

Stacia
LOL, I have to remember to fish that out before I put the box with the packing peanuts down on the floor for the ferrets to play in. After my last order, I found candy wrappers on the floor and took me a while to figure out where they came from.

Old 2009-10-01, 7:20am

I've never had anything but outstanding customer service from Frantz. I agree that Mike is one of the most accomplished enablers I've met - every time I think I'm strong enough to resist the pull of new glass he has a sale I can't pass up! My only complaint has been that the last couple of boxes I've gotten have been candy-free
I just figured you all were cutting costs.

Old 2009-10-01, 12:08pm
Shelarious

I [heart] Frantz, never a problem for me! People can ship by air if need be, and you have "In House Rush"...so...if people want their orders quicker, they have to pay the fee. And a $10 rush charge seems reasonable to me.

I think you are doing the right things, and are a very generous supplier.

Now if you could just get closer to Ohio...

Old 2009-10-01, 12:42pm

I just have to say this. I recently had a problem that turned out to be my own fault. Your staff were more than helpful and went out of their way to try and help me resolve the issue anyway even though the fault was on my end not yours. Outstanding customer service! And when I ordered the last time it was clearly stated that there would be a delay. I knew this and actually it arrived in its usual time, and I am all the way across the country.