Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2017-09-25, 8:19pm
Corgi Cult Member

Did you possibly have some Streaky Pink? The rods were kind of oval shaped. It used to bring high prices, but as Elizabeth mentioned the newer lampworkers aren't familiar with it. The original Tequila Sunrise was from that vintage too I believe, although there was another coral by the same name later. It didn't look the same and just managed to confuse people about the original.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2017-09-25, 8:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Very different.

We just moved and all my glass is in boxes or I'd take a photo comparing them.

The Effetre is desirable but not well known so newer artists don't know what they're missing. I hoard mine ferociously. Lol!
That's lovely- I completely missed the Effetre on the first post- glad I did so I could see that though!
Old 2017-09-26, 5:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwhim View Post
Did you possibly have some Streaky Pink? The rods were kind of oval shaped. It used to bring high prices, but as Elizabeth mentioned the newer lampworkers aren't familiar with it. The original Tequila Sunrise was from that vintage too I believe, although there was another coral by the same name later. It didn't look the same and just managed to confuse people about the original.
I do have a lovely bubblegum type pink but the rods are round. It goes clear in the heat and gets dark streaks from a reducing flame. I feel like I remember streaky pink but not well enough to know if this is it.
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-26, 5:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwhim View Post
The coral I have is so awesome I'm almost tempted to make beads. (Except that would mean bead release, mandrels, and bead cleaning.) it's marked "591420 Special Coral"
Then there's a 1/4 rod that's much more yellow in rod form but also has a coral/orange color when melted. It's really awesome and two-tone as well (2nd picture)
Attached Images