Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-12-17, 12:04pm
Resident hippie

Shoot - I'm a Mac peep. . .

Still, Deb - you have done a wonderful thing here. Thanks so much!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-17, 12:09pm
Kerry

You just need Deb's paypal email address and you can simply go to Paypal and click on the "send money" tab. Put in her email address and the amount and click send. Easy! I will try and get the email address with permission to post it on here Will let you know if I can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click the banner to visiti the store

Old 2010-12-17, 12:33pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey Kerry, Deb posted her email address in this thread, I think. If not, it is posted in the other thread.
Old 2010-12-17, 1:33pm
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
Debbie has refused to charge for this effort and I think that that is very kind and generous of her. BUT I strongly believe she should get something for her time, knowledge, effort, and kindness. She may not approve but I am suggesting we all send her a donation of at least $10.00. It isn't that much individually but may help her with Christmas or whatever. Maybe some suntan lotion for the Christmas Holidays down under

I don't know how PayPal works exactly and I only see an Etsy account so if anyone out there knows how this can be done please post it and I will be the first to send a donation. Lets support our friend for all her good work.

PJH
Thanks Pat! Can you confirm this is her paypal email address? I agree that this has been an amazing effort by Deb and deserving of a contribution

Click the banner to visiti the store

Old 2010-12-17, 2:43pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJames View Post
Okay, MS Runtime 2010 and Access 2007 will not live peacefully on Windows 7. Not a problem though! Here is the deal. Using Access 2007, I exported all of the tables, forms, queries, etc...to a new database. The only form that would not come through was the Home form. Deb, you gave a sneak peek of that in the other thread. So, I knew that one of the forms you used to create it. However, there seems to be another form under that...My glass. Could you give me a screen print of that or tell me which form that is? Then I can just replicate the Home form and be good to go.

Thank you! This database is awesome!
there are three components of Home - the main form which is nothing but a dashboard, the getting started form which is also a dashboard and my glass which is a report that feeds from the query "WishListQry" - you should be either able to open the report or double click on the query and it should open in table view and you can play with the table but you wont be able to change how the query runs - all the other forms should open from the forms tab anyway

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-12-17, 2:44pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadanna View Post
Shoot - I'm a Mac peep. . .

Still, Deb - you have done a wonderful thing here. Thanks so much!
we do have mac people running it - i just dont know how they run MS programs, someone will have to step up and explain

Old 2010-12-17, 2:49pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
I have followed these StashMaster threads since its beginning. I have some first hand knowledge of software writing even if at the amatuer level. I was an initial tester of the database and it is obvious how much work went into this thing. I also know there will be support work needed on a continuing basis; bug fixes, new features, questions. It's like having a child you have to keep nurturing.

Debbie has refused to charge for this effort and I think that that is very kind and generous of her. BUT I strongly believe she should get something for her time, knowledge, effort, and kindness. She may not approve but I am suggesting we all send her a donation of at least $10.00. It isn't that much individually but may help her with Christmas or whatever. Maybe some suntan lotion for the Christmas Holidays down under

I don't know how PayPal works exactly and I only see an Etsy account so if anyone out there knows how this can be done please post it and I will be the first to send a donation. Lets support our friend for all her good work.

PJH
sigh...

ok, here is what i'm comfortable with - i buy glass from Kerry at affordable inspiration all the time, somone else said they had sent money to Kerry as a thank you for me - payment is glass is ok with me

http://www.affordableinspiration.com.au/

Old 2010-12-17, 2:55pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
OH THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!!! I figured it was just me .... BUMMER!!!
no, you probably can still run it, i just dont know how, i do know that macs can run MS software you just need something to do it and it out of my field

Old 2010-12-17, 3:03pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Well, it is about damned time you told us what you wanted!!! You didn't really think we would let it go, did you????????
Old 2010-12-17, 3:09pm
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
we do have mac people running it - i just dont know how they run MS programs, someone will have to step up and explain
Oh that's great to hear - thanks Deb.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-12-17, 3:10pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Well, it is about damned time you told us what you wanted!!! You didn't really think we would let it go, did you????????
no, i guess not, sigh...

actually if everybody i sent the database to sent $5 to Kerry i'd have enough to buy an oxycon!

i just feel really uncomfortable asking for money for something i said would be free from the start - i was making it for myself anyway and i feel its a way of "paying it forward" to the people here who have helped me over the last couple of years. i've never taken a lesson and everything i know about lampworking i learned here or from the Aussie glass bead makers forum - recontributing back to the community with something that i can do in my sleep was a no brainer really

Old 2010-12-17, 3:38pm
Master Procrastinator

You know Deb....it would be 1 thing if you HAD asked for money, but you did all this work & people want to show their appreciation in some way. They would probably have wanted to do it anyway, but even more so now that we see the finished project and how humble you're being.

Does Kerry carry oxycons? I'm sure you'd have enough gifts coming your way to help pay for one. If not, is there another option for us to send donations to?

Now when are you coming to NY to help me inventory this mess??? :

ETA: Never mind. I didn't read your post all the way through. Off to send my donation to Kerry. & will mail you bead (s) when I have one worthy of this effort. Thanks so very much!

Old 2010-12-17, 3:42pm

Okay, hope she finds that her account funds for an oxycon are growing. . . hope, too, that I filled out all the information correctly using the "Gift Certificate" format and comments form. Got the receipt in email, so it all should be fine.

Now to figure out how to download what I need to read the document. . .next week.

Deb, thanks so much!!

Yvonne
Old 2010-12-17, 3:47pm
Unmedicated since '62

you guys are making me cry

Old 2010-12-17, 3:57pm

I need help in gifting Deb, Do I need her full name to send it through Kerry at affordable inspiration? Instructions would help so much. I can send through paypal but I've never sent for just a gift. Help
Old 2010-12-17, 4:01pm
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmountainglass View Post
I need help in gifting Deb, Do I need her full name to send it through Kerry at affordable inspiration? Instructions would help so much. I can send through paypal but I've never sent for just a gift. Help
There is a Gift Certificate link at the bottom of the home page. Here it is. I used her name and email from when she sent me the DB. I just had it emailed to her.

Old 2010-12-17, 4:08pm

Ohh thanks so much Toni! Sending it right now.
Old 2010-12-17, 4:14pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I have Macbook Pro and am successfully running this database, however it is not being run under the OSX operating system directly.

I am running Microsoft Windows XP using Parallels. I was running this database using the Access 2010 runtime mentioned elsewhere. Yesterday, I upgraded to the full Office 2010, so I am no longer using that runtime thing.

I have not tried CrossOver.

--
--
--

Old 2010-12-17, 4:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
There is a Gift Certificate link at the bottom of the home page. Here it is. I used her name and email from when she sent me the DB. I just had it emailed to her.
I'm such an Idiot
Old 2010-12-17, 5:01pm
Karen James

Color...I mean colour me silly!

I loaded Runtime on my DH's desktop, put the database on a shared folder on his machine and am running fine over our home network from my machine.

This is a thing of beauty! And Deb, as you have put all this effort into this to help so many of us, you have to let us give back to you to say Thank You!!!

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-12-18, 12:11am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Will someone remind me...do we have or not have Lauscha numbers? I had forgotten I had a list if we need it. Thanks.
Old 2010-12-18, 2:35am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Will someone remind me...do we have or not have Lauscha numbers? I had forgotten I had a list if we need it. Thanks.
we do and dont - i have the list direct from Lauscha but its in German, Maren has translated part of it for me but its HUGE and i'm not sure what is what to narrow it down

Old 2010-12-18, 2:38am
Unmedicated since '62

i dont know what to say - i have so many gift certificates dropping into my email, you guys have made my day

thank you

Old 2010-12-18, 10:38am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Deb, I have a list with numbers and names that is used by Grace, Lauscha Lady, in Canada, if that is any good to you. I can scan and send it so you can see if you want.
Although me thinks you have done enough this year to be on Santa's "very, very good"
list!! And aren't we all Santa's helpers??? I love love love my STASHMASTER!!!!!!
Old 2010-12-18, 1:59pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Deb, I have a list with numbers and names that is used by Grace, Lauscha Lady, in Canada, if that is any good to you. I can scan and send it so you can see if you want.
Although me thinks you have done enough this year to be on Santa's "very, very good"
list!! And aren't we all Santa's helpers??? I love love love my STASHMASTER!!!!!!
yep, send it on i could at least use it to help me translate - thanks

Old 2010-12-18, 2:10pm
The Queen of Sofa King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
OH THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!!! I figured it was just me .... BUMMER!!!
Yeah, I tried opening it in all the applications I could think of and then it hit me...I'm on a Mac! Rats.

Old 2010-12-18, 2:20pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolS View Post
Yeah, I tried opening it in all the applications I could think of and then it hit me...I'm on a Mac! Rats.
it can be done - dont give up yet

you have to run parallels - shoot someone gave the solution last night in the bathroom and i didnt save it

there is someone here running it on a mac

Old 2010-12-18, 2:37pm
The Queen of Sofa King

Quote:
it can be done - dont give up yet

you have to run parallels - shoot someone gave the solution last night in the bathroom and i didnt save it

there is someone here running it on a mac
I have MS Office 2008 on my Mac but I don't have Access so I'm thinking that I couldn't run it anyway? With my lack of technical knowledge I am in the Ferrari and Porche race with a donkey cart.

Old 2010-12-18, 4:06pm
Just Getting Started

Quote:
i really expected more questions...

should i take this as a positive?

i am in the hospital, but when i get out, i will check it out!

thanks!
Old 2010-12-19, 1:09am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolS View Post
I have MS Office 2008 on my Mac but I don't have Access so I'm thinking that I couldn't run it anyway? With my lack of technical knowledge I am in the Ferrari and Porche race with a donkey cart.
you should still be able to download the Access 2010 runtime and run it somehow