LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-12-19, 5:56am
aka Spawn Of Flame

There is an office for Mac - it doesn't include Access. The Access runtime will not work on the Mac's OSX operating system. The runtime runs on a Windows operating system.

I am running two operating systems at the same time on my Mac and I'm running Access on the Windows one. In order to run the two operating systems, I'm using a program called Parallels.

I do wonder if there is anAccess runtime for OSX...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--

Old 2010-12-19, 6:07am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie23 View Post
There is an office for Mac - it doesn't include Access. The Access runtime will not work on the Mac's OSX operating system. The runtime runs on a Windows operating system.

I am running two operating systems at the same time on my Mac and I'm running Access on the Windows one. In order to run the two operating systems, I'm using a program called Parallels.

I do wonder if there is anAccess runtime for OSX...
from what i can gather - no

you need one of these - BootCamp or Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-12-19, 6:29am

Morning, Deb ~ Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this awesome database! I've only had a few minutes to look at it and try to get it running. I can import most everything as Microsoft has instructions except the home form. Will see if my computer savy DH can get it up and running. Thanks!

Old 2010-12-19, 7:33am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
from what i can gather - no

I could not find an Access runtime for Mac's OSX either.

--
--
--

Old 2010-12-19, 6:24pm
The Queen of Sofa King

Wow, I didn't know you could load a Windows OS on a Mac. Donkey cart I tell ya!

Old 2010-12-20, 2:22pm
maybe tomorrow

Deb,

Is there a way to delete a glass color? I was "testing" and realized I have one glass listed twice. I'd like to get rid of one of them.

Old 2010-12-20, 3:21pm
Unmedicated since '62

i didnt add a button for that - my bad, i'll add for 1.3

here is how to do it manually

on the left is a list of tables
double click on GlassTbl to open it

click on the little down arrow shown and select sort largest to smallest - because this is an automatically generated number it will give you the last ones you entered

find the one you want and then right click the grey square on the left - this selects the whole row/record and gives you a little box with a delete option

select delete and then confirm the deletion

done!

close the table selecting yes to save when it prompts - this isnt needed to confirm the deletion just that you've changed the layout of the table, which isnt important anyway

Old 2010-12-20, 3:58pm
maybe tomorrow

I'm apparently being stoopid today. I can't even find the list of tables on the left. Left of which page?

Aren't you glad you signed up for this?

Old 2010-12-20, 4:38pm
Unmedicated since '62

thats ok

have you got a little tab on the left like this

Old 2010-12-20, 7:51pm
maybe tomorrow

Hmmmm. No. I don't seem to have that.

This is my home page.

It seems as if a toolbar is missing, and when I click on the arrow at the top left, it shows "Customize Quick Access Toolbar", but it is not active. I can't actually click on it.

Did I maybe miss something when I was downloading programs? Everything seems to work fine as far as I can see. I'm on Windows XP.

Old 2010-12-20, 7:54pm
maybe tomorrow

I have to tell you that my last job was for a small independent software company and I did tons of testing of new updates. My boss could never understand how I managed to find things that no one ever else did. It used to drive him crazy!

Old 2010-12-20, 8:08pm

Hmmm, mine says "Read Only" ...click on the File tab and it shows "Printing Options"...
Old 2010-12-20, 8:10pm

Toni what you see is what I see, I think it is because we are using Access Runtime instead of the Actual Mircosoft Office Access.
Old 2010-12-20, 8:15pm

Which means we(Access Runtime users) have limited use since we do not have the full version?
Old 2010-12-20, 8:54pm
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmountainglass View Post
Toni what you see is what I see, I think it is because we are using Access Runtime instead of the Actual Mircosoft Office Access.
Whew. That makes sense. I don't have the full version of Access.

Old 2010-12-21, 12:17am
Unmedicated since '62

ah, ok then

i'll add delete to my list of things to add to version 1.3 - sorry

so far i've added an optional field for quantity and an option to print an order based on the "i want this glass" field

i'll wait a little while before i upload a totally new version so we can tweek and bugs like this

Old 2010-12-21, 12:18am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-mss-sue View Post
Which means we(Access Runtime users) have limited use since we do not have the full version?
yes - but i always knew this was the case, although i did think you had access to the tables

some people are using this with open office fine - we need to investigate this a bit more

Old 2010-12-21, 12:27am
maybe tomorrow

I'll keep playing, but I'll probably hold off on loading all my glass in it so I don't lose it all when I get the next version.

Thanks Deb for continuing to work on this. I imagine it has turned into a bigger job than you might have expected.

Old 2010-12-21, 5:04am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
I'll keep playing, but I'll probably hold off on loading all my glass in it so I don't lose it all when I get the next version.

Thanks Deb for continuing to work on this. I imagine it has turned into a bigger job than you might have expected.
i'll try to work a way of importing your existing data - leave it with me till after christmas

Old 2010-12-21, 8:03am

Ditto, I'll wait for the new version too Thanks Deb
Old 2010-12-21, 12:51pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

I would like to remind all the StashMaster users that have not done so to 'donate' to PerfectDeb to;
1. repay her somewhat for all this work.
2. help her get her oxycon

Instructions for donating are near the front of the thread.

Deb, don't be cross with me for this. I initiated it and want to see it thru and get you that oxycon. Happy holidays to one and all.

PJH
Old 2010-12-21, 3:07pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hi Deb, Just wanted to let you know that Grace said she would be glad to send you a list of Lauscha. Just send her an email.........grace@the glassshoppestudio.com.
Old 2010-12-21, 3:18pm

What an awesome resource this is ... haven't got into it yet but it's much needed. I can't tell you how often I've been lured by the colors and double purchased a color I never use!

Thanks!

Old 2010-12-21, 3:23pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Hi Deb, Just wanted to let you know that Grace said she would be glad to send you a list of Lauscha. Just send her an email.........grace@the glassshoppestudio.com.
thats great! i think she was the only one i didnt ask!

Old 2010-12-28, 3:28pm
Unmedicated since '62

just a bump because i'm getting people asking me where to find this

Old 2010-12-28, 3:39pm
Unmedicated since '62

just an update too

in the new version you will also be able to

delete something you added (that was a bit of an oversight)
track quantities
print an order
print a list of what you have
import new lists or existing data
add multiple pictures

Old 2010-12-28, 8:13pm
maybe tomorrow

Sounds great! Thanks Deb!

Old 2010-12-28, 9:27pm
Favorite color is shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
just an update too

in the new version you will also be able to

delete something you added (that was a bit of an oversight)
track quantities
print an order
print a list of what you have
import new lists or existing data
add multiple pictures
Y O U A R E T H E B I G G E D Y B O M B !!!!!
I'm just now looking at it and you are already talking about the new version....LOL!!!!

I'm tech savvy but Access bites my access....ahem... if you know what I mean. teehee*
Glass would probably be the only thing that would make me sit down and figure it out. whew*
Thanks sooo much for doing this Deb!
=]

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE

Last edited by Seasoned Soul; 2010-12-28 at 9:31pm.
Old 2010-12-28, 9:38pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned Soul View Post
Y O U A R E T H E B I G G E D Y B O M B !!!!!
I'm just now looking at it and you are already talking about the new version....LOL!!!!

I'm tech savvy but Access bites my access....ahem... if you know what I mean. teehee*
Glass would probably be the only thing that would make me sit down and figure it out. whew*
Thanks sooo much for doing this Deb!
=]
you dont have to understand Access to use this - it works on a runtime version, its basically just a push buttons kinda thing

however, if you do have the full 2010 version of Access and take the time to learn how to use it the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

at about $200 Access is a brilliant program for organising data - it gets panned all the time as crappy but thats only because most people dont take the time to learn how to use it

Old 2010-12-28, 9:40pm
Unmedicated since '62

oh and i have to make a new version because i left out the delete button and no one can fix their mistakes