Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2017-10-10, 11:02pm
Naysayer

wow. Seriously? I wonder why. Kathy was always very helpful in the past, I admit Frantz ignores when I've inquired before. I know he's seen this thread, he had to have to check on his new mandrel thread, and if not, he will, and he will ignore I'm sure.

It says right in their logo and at the top of every page.
"Dedicated to producing the highest quality 104 COE compatible hand pulled glass rods."

Obviously not anymore?
Their frustration, as you said, is because they are melting so many colors, just stop and concentrate on stock colors Then if you end up with a mismelt, it is a limited. Like when they started.
Old 2017-10-11, 2:35am
Slogan Challenged...

I think melting five times means making 5 batches so there is some idea of the consistency, a batch history.
I think that with their attempts to add colors, that some combinations are going to be more volatile? Or perhaps they have had to change their formula due to shortages.
I still think it is worth the effort for the large variety, and I'm not so sure that Effetre is not having the same problem. A lot of glass seems shocky now, at least to me. I end up sticking everything in the kiln to be safe.

BTW I was on Frantz the other day and for some reason, I felt interested in leaving some reviews. The only ones that were "approved" were positive ones. I wasn't horrible or anything, but I guess we will have to stick to the forums or FB for sharing.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2017-10-21, 5:38pm

Not sure if it counts, but I have some orange creamsicle which is perfect and some which constantly explodes all down the length into chunks that are fingernail sized. It was all from one order, and worked identically some plays well, and some is so temperamental it fired meters and meters across the garage.
Old 2017-10-29, 12:54am

Add CiM's Eggplant to that, sigh. Ouch, those burns.

On the other hand, CiM Whisper melted perfectly with no problems.