Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-01-26, 9:53pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Boro Reference

I am probably asking for eggs in my beer, but is there a resource somewhere in cyberspace that uses the boro # with a description and info on strike/no-strike needed and encase/no encase?? I'm fearful it will be one of those school of hard knocks things....

I'm just starting with boro after about 4 yrs of soft glass. I love the effects, but am not really sure what to expect from or how to work the glass. Sylvie sent some great info with some bundles I got from her....just wondering if there is more out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-26, 10:06pm
Retired to the flame

Northstar and Glass Alchemy have good info on their websites. or search boro color on any search engine. Both places helped me a lot when I first got started!
BYW I have found that different torches, flame environment,amount of time worked, kiln temp and duration can have a big effect on some colors. So there will still be a learning curve. That is part of the fun of boro. With some colors you never really know what will come out of the kiln. With others you can get very consistent outcome every time.
If you have questions about a particular color just ask here! There are some very good boro artists here that may be able to help.
Old 2006-01-26, 10:09pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I'll check the sites with a little more clarity of what I'm trying to find. Thanks for the info = I'm sure I'll be asking questions!

Central IL - I grew up in Peoria and went to UI!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-29, 12:17pm
tweetysweetie

Lynn....be sure to check out Mr. Smileys ongoing thread on boro...good info so far. Also, for reading about color etc. try:
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/index.php
they have a section devoted to color talk....check the archives too

Old 2006-01-29, 6:26pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Cool info Thanks!

Old 2006-01-30, 9:28am

Get ahold of your distributor and they can send you some color charts. The Northstar shows each color rod, then encased and not encased. The GA chart shows each color melted without clear, but they do have a little catalog that tells about each color.
Old 2006-01-30, 9:44am
ManBearPig

Ron,

Do you carry those color charts?