Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-11-03, 3:33pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Magic Mosaic Shards Tutorial

Hi all, I have an almost free add on for this tutorial. I have discovered another recipe for the shards that knocked my socks off! If you have already purchased my tutorial and would like the add on, go here on my Etsy page to purchase. I was going to give it for free but I need an easy way to distribute these and account for my time to manage all the emails. It is only $2.00 I have been sitting on this for awhile and it is time to share. Please be fair and do not purchase if you have not purchased my tutorial. Also, I am offering a $5 discount to those who have not purchased the tutorial for the short term.

Link to add on: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1262364...hards-tutorial
Link to tutorial : https://www.etsy.com/listing/1186542...rets-revealed?

And some pictures to get you excited. All these beads have the new recipe for the shards!

Thank you so much

It is ready!

After many months of experimenting with these magic shards, I am now ready to share what I have learned with you!

Tutorial includes:

1.My theory on why these shards do what they do! This will allow you to create your own magic shards recipes. Now how exciting is that??!!

2. Blue Magic Mosaic Shard recipe featured in the beads that are included in the photographs in this sale. Beads are not included in this sale. The sale is only for the digital Ebook.

3. I also share wonderful photographs which includes the glass recipes for 15 bead designs which I have created so you can have a head start on creating your own gorgeous beads incoporating this shard recipe.

4. Clear photographs and text instructions teaching you how to blow your own shards.

5. Tips on how to use Magic Mosaic shards in your beads

6. Full rights to create as many shards and beads using my tutorial for sale and for your own personal use.

The tutorial consists of 29 pages and 35 photographs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gemsinbloom; 2013-03-12 at 1:51pm.
Old 2011-11-03, 4:18pm
Not really a tree.

Your timing is impeccable! I have spent the past two days making nothing but shards, and was at a point where I thought I was just hopelessly shard-challenged. <skips off to buy tut>

So excited!

/
Old 2011-11-03, 4:19pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Glad I could help and I am always available via email for any and all questions you may have. Thanks!

Old 2011-11-03, 4:39pm
Not really a tree.

Wow, you are super-fast on the email as well! Thanks!

I have skimmed, and already have had a lightbulb moment with something I was doing not quite right. Looks like a very nice tut!

/
Old 2011-11-03, 4:41pm

Jacqueline, I've just finished savoring the copy you sent me, and once again you have created magic!

I wish I could have your creativity for just one day....I'd be dangerous!

Old 2011-11-03, 4:42pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Kristi , so glad you already had a light bulb moment. gemsinblooom@shaw.ca if you have questions. I love to talk about glass

Thanks Diane, you spoil me

I will be sitting in front of the computer for quite a long while here so I can ship right away.

Old 2011-11-03, 5:58pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Got mine right away! Although I have blown shards before, I can't wait to try out this technique.

Old 2011-11-03, 6:05pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Blowing shards can be so addictive. One day I made about 8 silvered ivory shards haha. I just could not stop.

Old 2011-11-03, 6:45pm
Sheila Davis Designs

It IS fun!

Old 2011-11-03, 6:51pm
Jacqueline Parkes

It is fun. It is like being a kid again blowing soap bubbles. I remember as a kid blowing bubbles in my bedroom by the window so I could see all the swirling colors of the soap in the bubbles. I wanted to somehow capture the designs.

Old 2011-11-03, 7:46pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Just paid for mine. Can't wait to try!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2011-11-03, 7:55pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Sent, thank you Asi!

I have to head to bed now so I will send all tutorials first thing in the morning

Old 2011-11-03, 10:19pm
Meet Molly

Jacqueline, a question here.

How many detailed shard recipes are included in this new tutorial?

Thank you.
Neomi
Old 2011-11-03, 10:32pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hi Neomi, yes I am still up ( insomia, hehe)

Maybe I should try this again to simplify so everyone can understand. Sorry if there was any confusion.

The beauty of this tutorial is the fact that I reveal my own theory on why these shards behave how they do. As I state in the tutorial, I am no glass scientist but I believe I have a good basic understanding of this. Because of this, I have been playing for months now, coming up with different recipes.

I disclose my favorite recipe in tutorial.
There is one shard recipe in the tutorial.
I disclose 15 bead recipes that incorporate this shard recipe. The recipes are set up just like they were in my first tutorial with their own separate page, one large photograph and bullet text descriptions to enable easy printing (printing one page at a time to take to the torch to work )

I include photographs and text description on how I blow shards.

I include text tips on how to use the shards to get the most out of them.

I may include a bonus section with more shard recipes if there is enough interest. I will email the revised tutorial with the bonus section to those that have already purchased if I do this. I really encourage you to play though. It is half the fun of using these type of shards. The discovery process is so much fun. I am a shard blowing maniac now hehe. I lie in bed at night trying to think up new combinations.

I just need a couple of days to catch my breath as writing this wore me out, hehe.

I hope this helps and thank you for your interest!

Old 2011-11-04, 5:35am
Addicted to Frit!!!

That's awesome Jacqueline, I can't wait to get my copy!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2011-11-04, 5:54am
Jacqueline Parkes

Hey all, they have all been sent, thank you.

Now the bad news. Due to fatigue yesterday I had a few small errors in the tutorial that my proof readers did not catch. They couldn't as they do not work with glass. Anyways, lesson learned. Have only lampworkers proof read!

I have deactivated the rest of the tutorials on Etsy so I can clean it up and add a bonus page of some recipes. Then I will resend to all that purchased yesterday and today.

Then I will reactivate on Etsy.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I am officially not perfect LOL

Old 2011-11-04, 8:35am
Jacqueline Parkes

All revised tutorials with bonus recipes have been emailed. If you have not received yours, please send me a pm.

Etsy has been reactivated, thanks!

Old 2011-11-04, 8:46am
Sheila Davis Designs

Thank you for the bonus!

Old 2011-11-04, 8:51am
Live and Let Live

So how many different shard recipes are included in the revised version?

Old 2011-11-04, 9:07am
Jacqueline Parkes

Lisa, minumum forty combinations, thanks

Old 2011-11-04, 9:07am
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila D. View Post
Thank you for the bonus!
Welcome!

Old 2011-11-04, 11:48am

Just ordered mine ... yummy, something new to play with this weekend!
Old 2011-11-04, 12:53pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you iloveglass, all emailed!

Old 2011-11-05, 7:33pm
Burning Fingers!

It will have to be on my Christmas wish list - the craft fair this weekend is a total bust!! Nobody there!

/
/
/

Old 2011-11-05, 7:54pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Awww Jane, sorry to hear. I am working my first Christmas Fair tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what happens...

Old 2011-11-05, 9:28pm
Burning Fingers!

Good luck!
I have another one in two weeks - a 4 day self guided studio tour in our area, sure hope it is better than this weekends craft fair.

/
/
/

Old 2011-11-06, 1:39am
I speak Murrini!

Oh my! I just found this thread...I have been watching your Gallery postings with these magical shards in your beads and hoping you would create a Tutorial!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-11-06, 5:35am
Jacqueline Parkes

Hi DeAnne, thank you

Well Jane, I have always heard those studio tutorials are successful so I am crossing my fingers for you.

Four more days left of shows for me this year. Cannot wait for it to be over!
I thought it would be nice to have that extra hour of sleep last night but instead I am up an hour earlier haha.

Old 2011-11-06, 12:44pm

Wow, I just found this thread too! I don't get over to LE very often.
This technique looks SO cool! Just ordered mine & can't wait to see it!!!
Thanks!

Old 2011-11-06, 6:14pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Cathy. I just got home from work so you should receive your tutorial now.