No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-12-08, 4:57pm
Queen Bee

Default CIM Mermaid

Now that Messy's new color Mermaid has been out awhile, how does everyone like it? Is it differrent enough from regular turquoise? Does it work well - I see Kandice never updated on her blog about it, so I was just wondering......need to place a glass order.....
Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-12-08, 8:28pm
And silence is golden

Hi Donna ~ I've had the same question lately. So far, all I could come up with, is this link:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...hlight=mermaid
Old 2009-12-09, 7:47am
Will work for glass...

I like it...it is not really the same as turquise- it is a bit more on the green side than turquoise and it also is a much deeper color, intensity-wise. I like CiM because most of the colors maintain their intensity that way. But if you are looking for an equivalent to medium turquoise from Effetre, Mermaid is not the best match...a better match would be Smurfy.
Old 2009-12-09, 7:51am
organically speaking

I loooove Mermaid (of course!) and also the Sea Green. It's a nice alternative to Petroleum Green, without the reactive side effects.

Old 2009-12-09, 10:33am

Lauscha also has a robin's egg blue turquoise that is really pretty and can be reduced to red.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-12-09, 3:34pm

Kandice those are stunning! I've got a pound of Mermaid I'm still trying to get time to play with - maybe tonight.

Old 2009-12-09, 3:38pm

Beautiful Kandice! I love the intensity of it - not a typical turquoise.

Old 2009-12-09, 3:41pm
Queen Bee

Ahhh......I was hoping you would chime in Kandice!!! So, you tried it again and it's not shocky? I love the color, I'm not looking for an equivilant for turquoise - I'd actually like something a bit different. Thanks for showing me what it looks like.

Now, if only there was a magic wand to wave over me so I could make beads like Kandice!!! They are so beautiful, as always!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Last edited by BeadBlossoms; 2009-12-09 at 3:41pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-12-09, 5:11pm

I think Mermaid is the teal blue that has been missing from the 104 line of colors.

Old 2009-12-09, 5:59pm
Will work for glass...

I see more green in mermaid than blue. I agree with whoever said it is a good alternative to petroleum...in any case, it is much prettier than either Petroleum OR Turquoise. I prefer CiM to almost any other kind of glass (not counting the silvers!). It is much more consistent with regard to color AND quality.
Old 2009-12-09, 6:39pm

Darn, after seeing that set Kandice I wish I had ordered more than just a quarter pound of the mermaid last week to play with. I was afraid it was going to be too much like the turquoise glass myself, glad to hear it is not. Beautiful color combination in that set too.

Tina
Old 2009-12-09, 6:46pm
Queen Bee

Just ordered 1/2 pound to try! And, I've never seen a color combination on Kandice's beads that wasn't gorgeous!

Donna

Old 2009-12-11, 3:23pm
organically speaking

Oh, Kandice, yum, yum, yummmm. And, yeah, Leaky Pen is very like a transparent Mermaid. Thanks! Now I have an idea.....

Old 2009-12-11, 3:58pm

Yummy on the color and on the beautiful beads. Thanks for sharing, Kandice.