Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2007-03-04, 8:04pm

Default Anyone know where I can by

a P100 respirator on the south end of Vancouver Island? I've had nothing but a headache trying to purchase locally. I need to find a place that understands what I need because I have lucked out to find someone who doesn't even know what 3M is! I'm done beating my head against an airhead and want to shop where I can be sure I'm going to get what I actually order/need. So any VI people out there that can guide me to the right supplier?
THanks
Jennifer

http://www.suckinghelium.blogspot.com/
Old 2007-03-04, 9:09pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Dont know how big your island is, but try industrial suppliers or auto paint shop suppliers... Surprised local ACE hardware does not have any....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2007-03-05, 7:26am
Safety ALWAYS

A welding shop may have them, I'm sure the island is large enough for one of those.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2007-03-05, 8:41am

I believe i got mine from home depot.
Theres one in Vic, nanaimo, and courteany, and maybe duncan.
Old 2007-03-05, 1:47pm

THank you! I never thought to try Home Depot! I ordered from a welding supply shop after 3 different attempts to make them understand what I needed. I told them what I wanted - P100, what I needed it for and the application it would be used in and it was like I was talking to a bag of cotton balls. Doesn't even know what 3M is, she thought it was part of the model number, couldn't even fathom that it was the name of the corporation. Who hasn't heard of 3M! Anyway after all that she ordered in a 6001 filter, showed me the book when I went to pick it up and it was of course the first one on the list in the catalog. She had no idea what 6001 protects the user from and then tried to tell me that is what I asked for. It scares me a tad as to who else has dealt with her that may not being using the right safety equipment do to her lack of concern to get the right product. Anyway, I will try Home Depot. There isn't one here in Duncan but Langford isn't that far away, thank you Boroburner! Dale, no ACE here, I don't think they are in Canada and I just confused the local industrial/welding supply thanks for trying though. You too Mike, thanks!

Jennifer
Old 2007-03-05, 2:04pm
Safety ALWAYS

Worst case, let me know and I've got them in stock, and I can ship them the least expensive way.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2007-03-09, 8:52am

anytime!