Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-29, 4:13pm

Default Dichroic glass??

I have been using dichroic glass but once I watched Frantz video I noticed the strips she was using are a lot wider than mine. So that is my question. Who sells the wider dichroic glass? I am looking for the 104 coe but I do bullseye glass so I could use 90 coe also.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Debbie
Old 2009-08-29, 6:26pm
ManBearPig

Most places that sell glass will sell dichroic in sheets. You just need to cut them down to the right size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-01, 7:49am

Smile

HI Debbie, I have plenty of 90 dichro I can sell. Maybe I'll get it listed in the garage ....I need to replenish my PP account.

I like to buy mine in sheet form. Having the freedom to cut to your preference or need is so wonderful! I don't pre-fuse anything. I don't find a need to. There are ways to work dichro to beat it to the scumming over, and using "thin" sheet is the best tip I can offer. The faster (but cooler) melting, the better.

Old 2009-09-01, 8:05am

Exactly what Ofilia said. I never buy pre-fused dichro. I like to make it crackle myself. You have more control over the look that you get that way. I buy scrap bags of it a CRLoo but, that's 104.

Old 2009-09-01, 10:32am

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Exactly what Ofilia said. I never buy pre-fused dichro. I like to make it crackle myself. You have more control over the look that you get that way. I buy scrap bags of it a CRLoo but, that's 104.
Hi Cynthia! Most of the "scrap bags" I've seen in 104 seem to be "standard" thickness glass (which is not the thin like I prefer). Do you find that common? Just curious since I'm not much of a 104 user these days......

Old 2009-09-01, 10:43am

Yes, it's the standard that I buy in the scrap bags. I don't even know who makes it, but it has the best coating on it. The coating while at the torch, can be heated and melted into a very shardy looking surface and then be applied to the bead. You know my beads are big, so the thickness of the sheet for me isn't a problem.

Old 2009-09-01, 11:14am

I would like to try some. Where do you get the scrap bags to use? I am new but would love to try it. Thank you
Old 2009-09-01, 11:30am

I buy my 104 dichro scraps directly from CBS-- Coatings By Sandburg. You can google them....

found a link:

http://www.cbs-dichroic.com/

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-09-01, 11:51am

And I get mine at C R Loo in Richmond Calif.