Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Would you buy Kulgar colors?
Yes,love them 124 82.67%
No,havent tried them or dont like them 26 17.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-15, 5:33pm
juegues con fuego

Default Has anyone tried Silver Cinnamon glass?

Im thinking of buying some of Silver Cinnamon made by Kulgar Glass. Have you tried it and liked it? Pictures would be great also! Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-15, 5:55pm
juegues con fuego

No one? Come on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-15, 6:14pm
I fart diamonds

I'm pretty sure that I bought some yesterday at the Fall Fest. I plan on torching later tonight and if I did indeed get some, I'll be sure to do some test beads.

Old 2006-10-15, 6:17pm
make beads not war

Whatever the color is it sounds yummy.
Old 2006-10-15, 6:21pm
Smile, it's contagious!

There are pics and discussion in this thread about it and other ASK colors.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-10-15, 6:23pm

I got some and just love the glass. Turns many different colors. Here's what I made with the silvered cinnamon twisties and the rounds are the same color....
Hope that helps
Irene

Old 2006-10-19, 3:35pm
Life in MA is *wicked!*

FYI - Just got off the phone with Arrow Springs and was able to order the mediterranian (sp.??) olive, aloe vera, scarlett, and silver cinnamon. I only mention this because not all the colors available are shown on the color chart on their site...but they have them! Can't wait to get this and play around! Thanks for the great thread and I hope more people keep posting pics!!

Old 2006-10-19, 6:54pm

oh yum! Another color to add to my growing list!
Old 2006-10-23, 8:46am
no user title

no pix, but it's a nice warm brown. I can't case it tho, how about anyone else?

Jennie
Old 2006-10-25, 12:18am

Hi, I posted these in a thread a while back about testing these colors, here are some photos with the silver cinnamon, the Caramel Apple and the Silver Ratton, the glass is made for Arrow Springs by Kugler as a joint deal and they are called ASK glass, coe 104 and they do so many different things and are so yummy to melt that they are well worth their price which is rather low considering other silver colors out there...

hope this helps
Old 2006-10-25, 12:19am

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitysprings
no pix, but it's a nice warm brown. I can't case it tho, how about anyone else?

Jennie
I cased it with no issues at all...
Jelveh
Peace
Old 2006-12-15, 11:05am

WONDERFUL and some other distributors will get it too! www.hotglasscolor.com, Spruce Pine (Charlotte?)and Tecnolux in New York
Old 2006-12-15, 3:43pm
Just Plain

I've tried encasing 3 different ASK colors. All cracked. Some right away, another after 2 weeks. Be careful selling them too soon!

This set is pure silver cinnamon, unencased...

Last edited by Jayne; 2006-12-15 at 3:45pm.
Old 2006-12-15, 8:30pm
Always with a smile!

yes,love it!

) and
)
Old 2006-12-16, 10:39am

I have all 3 browns but I can never keep them straight. One of them turns very yellow on me. I really like the other two though!

Old 2006-12-17, 12:23pm

The silver cinnamon reacts with Double Helix colours, for extra iridescence.The long one is Gaia, the others are Aion.
Attached Images

Old 2006-12-19, 1:15am

Absolutely love it! I have had no problems with it at all!!!!!!

Andrea

Old 2006-12-19, 8:06am

Andrea - it's gorgeous!

Old 2006-12-19, 2:17pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
I'm pretty sure that I bought some yesterday at the Fall Fest.
What is Fall Fest?

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2006-12-20, 6:55am

I bought some Cinnamon Silver and Silver Rattan this past weekend, but haven't had time to do anything with it yet. From the photos posted above it should be fun to work with.

Robert
Old 2006-12-20, 7:28am
In spite of it all!

That is some real gorgeous bead effects Andrea! Makes me want to play with the goodies I got from Bill Thornton a few weeks ago.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2007-01-16, 7:07pm
Sorry for party rockin'

YES!! I'm sorry that I didn't shoot any pictures, but silver cinnamon is a beautiful color, and one that I plan on purchasing again. After "experimenting" with alot of the silvered glass I've narrowed down my favorites to Silver Mist (Rocio, R4), Gaia (DH), and the silver cinnamon. Alot of them can look the same, but those are the ones that I've narrowed out at least for me that look nice

Old 2007-01-20, 11:28am
Hopeless glass addict!

I LOVE Silver Cinnamon but, let me save you some heartache...do not encase it. Every bead I encased, using Moretti and Vetrofond cracked due to incompatability. I tried thick and thin encasement and the results were the same...cracks going every which way on the beads. On the surface it is just beautiful. I read that you can mix it to keep it from cracking, but I haven't tried it and don't know if it would change the appearance of this beautiful, swirly glass.

~Mendy

Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!

Old 2007-01-20, 12:46pm
HourGlass Studio

I just bought a few colors to play with. NO pics yet.

Old 2007-01-20, 6:18pm

I love the ASK glasses...the silvers are the best. Do try them. The one that turns yellow is silver rattan..which is yummyand warm...I think it looks like bakelite. Sorry I don't have a pic yet (am figuring out my new Sony and making a mess) Silver cinnamon is delicious, sometimes I get this beautiful irradesence (sp). I also don't think they do well encased. Usually they just lose the lovely sparkly quality and go flat.
Old 2007-01-20, 10:18pm
Storm Queen

This has silver cinnamon. It fumes ivory for a great effect.

More silver cinnamon with gaia:

And this is the aloe vera and med. olive:

And this set has scarlet which is a nice bright red that you don't have to worry about striking at all, even though it's a stricking color. In other words, you won't have black areas in your red from not striking it:

Old 2007-01-20, 11:36pm
Broken

Good grief what a drool fest! Stunning beads!

I never thought to try it with the R4 and Double Helix glass, I am going to try that. I too encased the silvered cinnamon and got cracks which sucks becasue reheated a couple times and encased it gets a fantastic coral/sunset kinda of look to it.

Old 2007-01-21, 1:57am

So I encased the Neon green and it cracked....I encased the cinnamon and a couple other colors...they cracked. I would say to play it safe and don't encase these beautiful colors!!!! Also one bead I made with a clear core and then encased with the Moroccan split right down the middle. It was so clean that I could glue it together and you wouldn't even know it. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by loopydo; 2007-01-21 at 6:45pm.
Old 2007-01-22, 10:46pm
as in the state

Or turn it into 2 cabochons and use them for pendants!!
Old 2007-01-31, 11:01am

Here is some - no encasing, just ASK glass. Actually there are 3 different base color beads in this pile, all reduced to get that cool luster, but after I got them out of the kiln I couldn't tell which was which #09, #10 and #11 (I think).

...overlooking Mill Creek on the Chesapeake Bay...