No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-19, 1:58pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Talking CIM new PINK! WOWZER!

I was lucky enough to get to try the new pink from Creation Is Messy and I am in LOVE! This is the pinkest pink I have ever seen... keep in mind, I have never seen streaky pink in person, but I still think this is even pinker.

I have to go taxi my kids around for a while, so I'm gonna post and run... I'll check back later to see what everyone thinks.

I just got this yesterday, and was only able to play for a little bit due to the heat, but here are the beads I made and my experience working with it.

My findings on the glass are still limited, as it has been so hot in my studio, I was only able to play with it for a little while. The first thing I noticed was the pink is much stiffer than Moretti, I kept thinking it's "chewier", lol. It doesn't get drippy, which works well for someone like me who does lots of sculpture work. The pink stayed pink the whole time I worked it... I didn't need to strike it at all. It does devit a bit, but not nearly as bad as EDP. I didn't work with it enough to know when/why it starts to devit or if you can get rid of the devit. If you look at the feet of the pig, you can see a little of it where the colors of "slop" meet with the pink. I haven't worked very much with opalinos, but to me, this pink sort of feels like one, only it is more opaque and vibrant than the opalinos. I did an encased floral with white dots under the pink, which made it very a pale, soft pink. I used Moretti for the clear casement and had no problems with it. On that same bead, I used the ginger as the base and the celedon for the vines. All of the colors encased nicely. I also encased the pink with rubino and pulled it into stringers (raised on the flip flop and melted in on the round bead) The last bead in the group shot show dot's of raked rubino on a base of the pink and encased in Moretti clear. As you can see, although I burnt the rubino a bit, the pink didn't burn or fade.

Here are the same beads pictured with a pig of Bubble Gum pink so you can see the difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-07-19, 2:06pm
Philosoraptor

Sure looks like they have a winner.
Old 2006-07-19, 2:11pm
yukue fumei

WOW!!!!!!
WOW.
WoW.
Thank you so much Gelly for posting and wow your beads are always a treat!
That pink is YUMMY!!!!!!
Old 2006-07-19, 2:18pm
Mama said

Want. Some. Now.
Old 2006-07-19, 2:27pm
Messy Color glass pusher

Default Messy Color "Gelly's Sty"

Hello all,

Thanks for posting the pic's, Gelly. I guess we can reveal the name of our new color now. We're calling this pink Messy Color "Gelly's Sty." We love Gelly's pigs, and she was the first to request pink. "Sty" covers both the ideas of the piggies and goes well with our "Messy" brand also.

We're so happy that Gelly has agreed to let us use her name for this glass, and we will feature her Messy Pig with the Celadon 'slop' on the feet as the namesake image for this color.

Thank you Gelly!!

Best,
Dana

Dana Brash

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

[mail]

Old 2006-07-19, 2:44pm
Mama said

That is SO fitting! Congratulations, Gelly!!

Old 2006-07-19, 2:47pm
yukue fumei

YAY!!
Congrats Gelly!
Old 2006-07-19, 2:53pm
Suzi Fitzwater

Need . . . Gelly's . . . Sty . . . now ! ! ! Must . . . have . . . that . . . PINK!!!!!!!
So yummy!
Old 2006-07-19, 2:59pm
Messy Color glass pusher

Default Me Too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
Yep, Gelly is correct. IT IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could have seen some of the beads I made for Mike before he left for the Gathering.

I can't wait till he gets back so we can see them.

Dana Brash

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

[mail]

Old 2006-07-19, 3:01pm

The pigs and the pink color is beautiful !
Old 2006-07-19, 3:31pm
Pugs rule

Oh what a yummy pink and a fitting name for it....Gelly your piggies always make me smile

Kathie

Old 2006-07-19, 3:33pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I loooove this pink! Congrats Gelly! ((hugs))

Old 2006-07-19, 3:34pm
Super Cat Mom

How appropriate and what a pretty piggy pink color it is! Congrats Gelly!
Old 2006-07-19, 3:37pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Thanks everyone!! I'm so excited about this I thought I was gonna burst! I really do love this pink and can't wait to play with it some more to see what all I can do with it. Can someone send some cooler weather my way?

Dana, special thanks to you!!! I just need your address to send ya the piggy!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-07-19, 3:51pm
In search of her path....

Thats one HECK of a pink! Beautiful!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-07-19, 4:35pm
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

i needddddddddddddd it

~~
~~
Old 2006-07-19, 5:49pm

Mmmmm! Nice pink! I wonder if that 40,000 lbs. Mike was talking about is going to be enough? LOL!
Congrats Gelly! How cool is that to have glass named after you?!?

Old 2006-07-19, 5:53pm
Moving On

I Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that pink nooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Old 2006-07-19, 5:54pm

That is pink for sure. Gelly I love your pigs, but I hate to say it, I like them better in the pink you have been using, for the pigs.

From the pictures I have seen, it looks like this pink is a bit translucent, is that true?

Congrats on the naming Gelly, perfect name!

Lara

PS - Gelly, have you ever done a pig to the phrase "living high on the hog?"

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-07-19, 6:15pm
Messy Color glass pusher

Default Opaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
That is pink for sure. Gelly I love your pigs, but I hate to say it, I like them better in the pink you have been using, for the pigs.

From the pictures I have seen, it looks like this pink is a bit translucent, is that true?

Congrats on the naming Gelly, perfect name!

Lara

PS - Gelly, have you ever done a pig to the phrase "living high on the hog?"
The Gelly's Sty pulls out into stringers and stays nicely opaque, and also will get very thin and stay opaque. This glass should stay opaque when used, but does have a luminous quality which is what I believe you are seeing in the pictures.

Thanks,
Dana

Dana Brash

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

[mail]

Old 2006-07-19, 6:21pm
Entropy increasing....

That looks like chinese pink glass. It looks just a little milky, not quite transluscent and not quite opaqe. Transpaque. lol
Old 2006-07-19, 6:27pm
Boro newb

Wow!!!!

Mom's silver store...

~Anything you can do I can do... kinda.
Old 2006-07-19, 6:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiMWebmaster
The Gelly's Sty pulls out into stringers and stays nicely opaque, and also will get very thin and stay opaque. This glass should stay opaque when used, but does have a luminous quality which is what I believe you are seeing in the pictures.

Thanks,
Dana
Thanks Dana

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-07-19, 6:36pm
otk

Hubba Bubba, that's pink! Congrats Gelly!

How much is it?????

Last edited by nlinaz; 2006-07-19 at 6:58pm.
Old 2006-07-19, 6:54pm
*glass spaz*

Congratulations Gelly! You've got a glass named after you, girl! Now you're really famous! : )

Old 2006-07-19, 7:16pm
Entropy increasing....

Oh I missed that they are naming it after you.

Like you need more external validation than you get regularly, you poop. lol
Old 2006-07-19, 7:23pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Thanks for the congrats!

I am just really excited to have a pink that is really pink. I use a HH, so those that have hotter torches might not notice the stiffness as much as I did.

I agree Lara, the other pinks I have been using are good pinks for my pigs, but the newest batch of dark pink I have is way too light. The bubble gum is a good color, but it does leave streaks. This pink is super pink and it stays that way! No peachy tone to it at all. I can't wait to mix it with some of the other pinks I have and see how many shades I can come up with!

I didn't pull it into super thin stringer, but pretty thin for the pig tail and the dots for the floral and it stayed opaque.

It's hard for me to describe this glass... it really reminds me of chewed up Super Bubble bubble gum. It's not transluscent, but it does have a sheen or shimmer or something to it, lol!

Old 2006-07-19, 7:25pm
Corgi Cult Member

Want messy pink. Got to have messy pink. Messy, messy messy pink!
Kathy
Old 2006-07-19, 7:32pm

Me want Messy Gelly, too, lookin' to make roses, daisies, shells, hearts, pansies, and maybe even chickens....can't wait! Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2006-07-19, 8:43pm

Conrats Gelly!!!!!!!!! Want the Gelly's Sty, Want that pink, want it soon!!!
Mary T.