Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-01-03, 4:22pm
color bomb

Default Who's up for a rousing game of "Name That Glass" ?

I have two rods of this that came in part of a bundle of Vetro dark brown transparent that I bought 2 1/2 years ago. I never knew they were different until this summer when I took the bundle apart to wash all the rods. These two do all sorts of neat stuff. They strike to bright blue. They get a neat green metallic sheen in a reduction flame. I don't know what this stuff is but I LOVE it and I want more. lol

It's a medium dark brown gray transparent color in rod form. The inside looks like clear dark brown, like coffee almost. The ring outside is like a milky brown or gray.

Here's the rod outside in the sun.

Here is an end view.

Here are some beads made with it.

I know the pictures are big but I was afraid if I went smaller people would ask for bigger for details.

Any help is greatly appreciated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-03, 4:56pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I think that might be DH Ekho.

**back to my cave**

Old 2013-01-03, 5:10pm

Where did you get the Vetro bundle?

I have some Van Gogh or Davinci, can't remember which, that look like that. You definitely have some sort of silver color.
Old 2013-01-03, 5:23pm
Lampworkaholic!

Are you sure it is 104? Because my guess would be Bullseye Dark Aurora.

I love this game.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-03, 5:25pm
color bomb

It is 104. I've encased it with Zephyr and SC with no problems. I got it from Frantz in July of 2010.

Old 2013-01-03, 5:38pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Bullseye has a color that changes to blue??? I want some!

Old 2013-01-03, 6:47pm
sunscreen me baby

It does look like what BE Aurora does. But I doubt it is from Cinder's encasing post.

I am thinking Van Gogh too Or maybe Michelangelo?

~

Old 2013-01-03, 6:54pm
Lampworkaholic!

Sasha's Silver or Van Gogh then.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-04, 6:18am
Ave

I also say DH Ekho..
Ave

Old 2013-01-04, 8:22am

ummmm...they look like neat murrini to me...little white boxes with red x's in the middle...perfectly centered too.

Duane
PS sorry I'm at work and can't see the TRUE pic

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-01-04, 9:51am

2 years ago I ordered some Precision Sasha's Silver and got a few rods in the whole bundle looking exact the same.
The glass turns out a nice blue or green.

Elke
Old 2013-01-04, 10:27am
color bomb

Hmm. Maybe I'll order 1/4 lbs of all of those and see what happens. Thanks for the help

Old 2013-01-04, 10:36am

pretty sure that is Ekho...... mine looks exactly like it

and also ......
Old 2013-01-04, 5:21pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I'd go with Ekho, too.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2013-01-04, 7:32pm
Senior Moment

Why is it I never get silver glass in my regular glass orders?! LOL Lucky you!

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-01-04, 8:46pm
da General

Ekho doesn't go metallic green and tends to be more purple/magenta when encased. It looks like Michelangelo/Sasha's Silver to me.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-01-05, 4:56pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Oh, man! Whenever I get an unlabled rod mixup it's something like the white I used for snow turns out to be striking rose pink. That's GORGEOUS stuff, I hope you manage to find out what it is and get more!

L-111

Old 2013-01-05, 8:26pm
color bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by allicat View Post
Why is it I never get silver glass in my regular glass orders?! LOL Lucky you!

Alli

Because I got it when I was using an evil Hot Head and wouldn't touch it for years. It will never happen again LOL

Old 2013-01-05, 9:15pm
Senior Moment

Hey! I have an evil..erm I have a Hothead! I love it, but still no one sends me thing I didn't order. Although after reading Pat's post, maybe that's a good thing LOL

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.