Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-20, 9:26am
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Yea, Can't wait, but NO CANDLES!!! Otherwise the firemarshalls will have to be called out...

Ofilia
Hey we can just use your cake for another torch. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-20, 9:38am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Hey we can just use your cake for another torch. LOL
OMG, you're right! I can be like a Carlisle bunson (?sp) burner!!

Ofilia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-20, 9:42am
Covered in glitter

LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-20, 10:00am

And Darby only gets to *really* party until it's 8:30 o'clock... lol!!

Ohhh what you guys missed last time!

Old 2009-01-20, 11:51am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
And Darby only gets to *really* party until it's 8:30 o'clock... lol!!

Ohhh what you guys missed last time!
Sure..... rub it in, Cassie... just 'cause you're coming from the same STATE and we aren't, doesn't mean we "wanted" to miss it... How was your chilli, BTW??

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-20, 12:05pm
Type ZZZ personality

I'm looking forward to it!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-01-20, 12:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Sure..... rub it in, Cassie... just 'cause you're coming from the same STATE and we aren't, doesn't mean we "wanted" to miss it... How was your chilli, BTW??

Ofilia
Hey now! I still had to drive nearly an hour to get there...lol! I know you guys didn't want to miss it... you guys just have more traffic and impatient drivers than we do around here. I just mentioned it because Darby gave us a good laugh and didn't realize it for a little while... and I thought I'd give you guys something to look forward to with the next OT. I'm sure Darby wishes his students were more forgetful! lol!

Jeff made chicken enchilada rice and refried beans... one of my favorites! I'll see what he has on the menu for the 31st!

Old 2009-01-20, 2:24pm

Quote:
Jeff made chicken enchilada rice and refried beans... one of my favorites! I'll see what he has on the menu for the 31st!
OMG that was delicious! Can't wait to see what he comes up with for the 31st...pressures on Jeff! LOL you should ask Jeff to stop by and say hello!

Can't wait to see you all!
Janien....

Old 2009-01-20, 9:25pm

He mentioned the white chicken chili again... but I'll just bring it in an airtight container instead of worrying about a crock pot since it'll have access to a microwave.

Ofilia, you'll have to tell me what gauge and length headpins to bring and how many. My microtorch only really likes 26 and 24g in copper but I'm going to see if I might be able to make 22 or 20g ones on the lampworking torch. I don't know if it'll be successful but I'll definitely try! I remember you had mentioned maybe wanting ones to use for earwires so that's why I would like to try a heavier gauge!

Like Janien and everyone else, I can't wait to see you guys!

Old 2009-01-22, 6:01am

Wink

Hi Cassie, I've been so out of the loop in making anything "jewelry" these days, I'm sort of at a loss what I "need".... Perhaps I'll just bring a tray of my flowers and we can experiement what works best.

I keep reading about Deb's limoncello on another thread. Me thinks that she should bring some for Darby to sample...... I heard from a "little bird" what happened to Darby after a couple beers last time, hee-hee!!

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-22, 8:25am
Covered in glitter

Ofilia if it's ready by then I will! The first batch is all gone because I gave so much of it away. The second batch is still 'brewing.' I think today or tomorow may be the day that I can add the simple syrup to it but I have to check. It needs a minimum of 2 weeks after that and 4 is better. It may be the next ot.

So what did Darby do???

Old 2009-01-22, 8:38am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
So what did Darby do???
My lips are SEALED !!

Old 2009-01-22, 8:48am
Covered in glitter

Oh no fair!!!

I'm off to the hospital to see Freckles in a little while. I may need all the Limoncello after that visit. I wish he were a little closer than Northbrook but I know he's in good hands there.

Old 2009-01-22, 11:23am

Ofilia, I'll bring my supplies and we'll work it out in real-time!

Deb, I hope Freckles is doing better and that they have a better, longer-term treatment for him! As for what Darby did... nothing really. Just something for his students (mostly me since I'm annoying like that) to razz him about... really a "had to be there" moment. I like to torment people like a little sister whenever possible so any little thing helps! It was just 8:30 o'clock is all.

Old 2009-01-23, 11:38am

Smile

Whatever it was, I'm ready for having a good laugh with friendly folks at all o'clocks ! Darby, you still need chairs? Let me know...

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-23, 11:42am

Poopey foo.... I cannot make the 31st.
Bummer.

I swear, I better make it to one of these soon!

Jo
Old 2009-01-24, 10:34am

Thanks, I'm good on chairs!!! I've some 20+ folding chairs stacked in the corner. Sue brought them to host bead club, and found nicer chairs for her shop and didn't need the folders that had been willed to her so I've an abundance now.....

Old 2009-01-26, 8:53pm
Covered in glitter

I so can't wait for Saturday. I haven't torched since November and my last week has been horrible. Please forgive me in advance if I'm a little teary.

I'm gonna bring stuff for Nachos I think.

Old 2009-01-28, 5:55pm
Fusing Glass

Are you all meeting this saturday? and if so what time? not sure if I can make it or not, my bd is thursday and not sure when i am being taken out to dine...
Old 2009-01-28, 9:25pm
Covered in glitter

Happy Birthday Mary! Yep, it's this Saturday.

Old 2009-01-28, 11:37pm

Hey Mary...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you can make it out on Saturday, it would be great to see you and...we are celebrating a few other birthdays that day too(Patty Rustic and Ofilia). So, let's make it a birthday bash!

Hope everyone is doing good, we are looking forward to seeing as many of you as we can on Saturday! OT starts @ 1:00pm and has gone as long as 9PM!

PM us if you need directions or any other info...
tons of Glas Haus info on the web site too.
Janien...and Darby~

Old 2009-01-29, 7:06am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARBEADS View Post
Hey Mary...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you can make it out on Saturday, it would be great to see you and...we are celebrating a few other birthdays that day too(Patty Rustic and Ofilia). So, let's make it a birthday bash!

Janien...and Darby~

Happy Birthday, Mary!!

Hey, I think with all the aquarian birthdays we'll be celebrating, we should, in lieu of candles, just stick a torch head up the middle of the cake and make it one big flamin' candle, LOL !

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this time !

See you all soon,

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-29, 12:44pm
Type ZZZ personality

Sounds good Ofilila! Except I'm a Capricorn, but that's okay.

Happy Birthday Ofilia and Mary!

Old 2009-01-29, 1:06pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
Sounds good Ofilila! Except I'm a Capricorn, but that's okay.

Happy Birthday Ofilia and Mary!
Oh, that's right... your birthday was a couple weeks back already. Where has the time flown??

Got the cake ordered... with X-tra roses, LOL!!

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-29, 4:50pm

If no one else is bringing the candles, I can grab some of those... someone I know found ones that really light up in a big, big way... ginormous like! They'd be their own torch... they looked like you'd need a fire extinguisher to put 10 of them out! lol!!

Old 2009-01-30, 12:46am

I blew a few shards the other day....actually enough for everyone to play with.....there are soo many things coming out its hard to keep up with.....interested to see who's been playin with what at OT.....I still working on the new bead oven, and one small step closer to getting the sand blast cabinet workin......and I actually bought quite a few things outside the normal moretti/vetro pallette this last order.....has anyone tried any of the cool stuff from Joe at Avenue Beads? do they have a retail? or just online? Lookin forward to this weekend!!! Darb

Old 2009-01-30, 6:24am

Smile

Quote:
If no one else is bringing the candles, I can grab some of those... someone I know found ones that really light up in a big, big way... ginormous like! They'd be their own torch... they looked like you'd need a fire extinguisher to put 10 of them out! lol!!
Sounds like fun, Cassie. At least there will be several of us huffing and puffing.

Looking forward to the weekend OT! See you all soon,

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-30, 9:35am
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARBEADS View Post
I blew a few shards the other day....actually enough for everyone to play with.....there are soo many things coming out its hard to keep up with.....interested to see who's been playin with what at OT.....I still working on the new bead oven, and one small step closer to getting the sand blast cabinet workin......and I actually bought quite a few things outside the normal moretti/vetro pallette this last order.....has anyone tried any of the cool stuff from Joe at Avenue Beads? do they have a retail? or just online? Lookin forward to this weekend!!! Darb
It's an online business that's run out of their home...but Barry is super accomodating and let me (well a friend who lives in Downers) pick some stuff up. I'm betting at least a nickle you could go there to check stuff out if you wanted.

Send him a PM - he's pyrobarry.

I was hoping to come tomorrow (I think that's the get-together) but learned to not say anything...because something always seems to come up. Alas, sucky tax season is in the way again. Everyone have fun! One day I'll meet those of you I don't know! One day. Heh.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-01-30, 6:38pm
Covered in glitter

If anyone has a little piece of intense black I could have would you mind bringing it? I can't find mine and I've got a few things I'd like to try with it. If you don't, don't worry though.

Old 2009-01-30, 6:48pm
Type ZZZ personality

Yeah, I've got some. I'll trade you a small piece for a 1/4 lb of that curdled ivory!