AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-04-01, 9:29am

Okay thank you! I haven't played much with the reducing glasses simply because I am still pretty new. However, I am off next week and am planning on playing with some of them then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-01, 1:49pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Sonja, making a big lentil can be quite a challenge on a hothead, but the technique surely can be done and as MJ said, it works very well with reducing glass .

Nancy, yes this technique needs some PPP indeed, but I'm sure you'll nail it soon !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-04-01, 3:29pm

lol I guess I am too new to know better but I don't have a lot of trouble with big for some reason lol. And even if I was unable to do it on the hot head I have a cricket on order so it wouldn't go to waste. Thank you for responding so quickly! Now, I just need pay day to get here.

Old 2010-04-01, 3:52pm
birdergirl ~o~

Anouk~
the list of silver glass materials needed in the tutorial ...
• can any one of them be used, or are all 3 being used or 2 different ones?
• and do you go into some detail about how to get a good reduction?
I just want to know if I will be able to use the tut without purchasing new glass first.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-04-02, 11:36pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Cadia, any of the reduction glass out there can be used, but of course some need a different way of reducing. But for this tutorial, Triton, Psyche or Aurae can be used instead of Clio and/or Ekho too. The way you should reduce them works quite the same . And yes, I do explain how to reduce them.

Hope this helps, thanks for your questions !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-04-03, 10:12pm
too many rods in the fire

Wooohooo!! I just purchased this tutorial, and can't wait to give it a try. I have torch time tomorrow morning, so this will be high on my list of things to do.

Old 2010-04-04, 3:43am
birdergirl ~o~

Ok Anouk thanks for the info!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-04-05, 8:54am
Gimme that silver glass!

Hope you like it Rene, thanks !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-04-07, 11:55pm

Hi Anouk...I orded my tutorial over 24 hours ago!!!!! I have also sent a private mesage but no reply... tomorrow is my last day to play as I start to pack up my glass and house for the big move to Brisbane QLD from North wesr Australia . right across Australia...I would really love to have a play....with the Amarillo tut!!...Cherrs Su
Old 2010-04-10, 11:35pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Hi Su, the tutorial has been sent as soon as possible and I've sent you a pm back . I was happy to hear you received it .

Oh and Cadia, you're welcome, of course !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-06-23, 11:22am
Dancing Moon Shadows

This is my first try. I'm pleased considering it's the first try! I especially LOVE the back where the armadillo plating is seen more clearly.
Attached Images

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-08-02, 6:10am

Default teacher needed in tri city area vancouver bc

Hi there, I've just returned from Italy where I went to Murano. This has rekindled a passion for glass and now I must find out how to work with it/
I saw on google a reference to someone in Port Coquitlam, BC Canada and the link led me here.
Would be most appreciative if I find someone locally that will introduce me to glass work. I can't wait!
thanks a lot
bj
Old 2010-08-02, 8:36am

hi BJ, why not come and introduce yourself in the welcome forum here
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

lots of people will welcome you, and someone is bound to point you in the right direction!

Old 2010-08-03, 11:08pm
Critter Mom

Just ordered my copy this evening...haven't received it yet, but maybe by morning so I'll be able to give it a try tomorrow.

Old 2010-08-04, 12:21am
Gimme that silver glass!

All have been sent again, thank you !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-08-12, 4:29pm

Just ordered last night. Look forward to trying this out.

Old 2010-08-12, 5:15pm

I thought I would show off my armadillo bead here too. I showed it in the gallery a while back.
Have fun Ellen!!

Old 2010-08-13, 2:06pm

Hi Lisa ! Yours turned out gorgeous ! Rec'd mine, looking forward to some torch time Ellen

Old 2010-08-14, 3:18pm

Anouk I have a question on a couple of my armadillo beads. Is there too little encasing clear on these and that's why it doesn't show up very well.
Attached Images

Old 2010-08-16, 7:36am

However in the lentil shape I finally got a good one.
Attached Images

Old 2010-08-17, 5:07am

my first Armadillo bead...

thankyou Anouk for this, especially the bit about the murrini application, before I made this bead I spent about an hour making the blue rose cane. I made one before but I've never been able to use it successfully, and it was orange so I didn't think it would look good with the amber of the clio.
Im really pleased with how the rose came out, and the armadillo,(not that it shows that well in the pic) but the stringer needs some more work...some fell off the other side...oops!

Old 2010-08-17, 2:01pm

Thank you for this wonderful tutorial.I have made some great beads and if I can get pictures that do the beads justice i will show them. the instructions were easy to follow and even I could make beautiful beads. thank you again.
Debi
Old 2010-08-18, 5:28am

Hi, I'm a newbie (having my own torch since May or so) but I was up for this challenge.....
My first one was ugly, but my second attempt turned out quite ok, except that it was broken in 2...
Vermiculite (I don't have a kiln yet) did not like the silver glass and the size of the bead I reckon. Still I think it worth while to show.

I'm trying to make them smaller and really like this technique. I was actually making another one this evening.... which has a crack.... sigh...
Old 2010-08-18, 5:46am
Gimme that silver glass!

Hi Pat! Yes, I would recommend more encasing on the whole bead, I made a bunch of Armadillo beads without giving it a final encasing layer and it does make a difference. If you encase thin, try 2 layers of final encasement before you press the bead. That lentil is gorgeous , well done!!!!

Madeline, great color combo's in that bead too, love the yellow/gold with the blue! A very good rose murrini too!

Gootjemar, that's a very good armadillo for the first try, wow! Armadillo's do get quite big, I can imagine that only vermiculite isn't enough, unfortunately... Try to use this technique in round beads perhaps?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-08-18, 5:49am

what a great effect you got with that colour!
I found lentils & flat beads always broke in vermiculite for me, no matter whats in them.

Old 2010-08-18, 5:54am

thanks Anouk
I have since made a red rose murrini with less petals, but I'll use a different base bead for it, don't think it will go with the amber of the clio.

Old 2010-08-18, 7:35am

OK thanks Anouk.
Old 2010-09-03, 1:35am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Where can I purchase your tutorial? I visited your Etsy, but it seems there is nothing for sale.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 2010-09-04, 1:41pm

Smile How to access this tut.?

Anouk,

I've just found this thread and would love to purchase your armadillo bead tutorial, pleaseeeee. Is it still available?
Old 2010-09-12, 12:24pm

Click on her picture here and send her a pm. I'm sure she has some but doesn't know the link is broken.