Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-21, 10:52am

Talking Fuchsia Fantasy ~ snagged some

and some Quiet Riot! Bet I can't make the Fuchsia Fantasy sing like Brent ~ but I'm gonna try

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:55am

Got mine too, been waiting for this to reappear!!
Old 2008-10-21, 12:30pm
Does it come in Purple???

I got mine I was stalking the store, hitting refresh every couple of minutes before they were posting to make sure I got some. Hopefully I can make it do something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-10-21, 12:44pm
boro color bender

Brent hasn't made it sing yet... but have fun and show us what you come up with!

Lana made the beautiful heart you've seen it used on... she did an excellent job making the pink sing!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-21, 1:32pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
and some Quiet Riot! Bet I can't make the Fuchsia Fantasy sing like Brent ~ but I'm gonna try
Great minds think alike. I got some FF and some QR too!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-10-21, 1:37pm
Pyromaniac

Thank you so much Brent! Btw did some more beads with FF and and about to post them in the FF thread.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-21, 1:43pm

I got some too! It doesn't take much to make me happy, for I am a true "bo ho"! But maybe I should have gotten more. . . .

Vanessa
Old 2008-10-21, 2:03pm
Flame Dame

Got mine as well. It figures, though. I've finally found a good recipe for fuchsia that works with my set-up!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-10-21, 2:15pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Leslie - so when you switch over to boro completely, you're going to give me all your soft glass, right?

You should see the boro focals Leslie is making lately...and Chuck's....TO DIE FOR!!!!!!

Old 2008-10-21, 2:26pm

Wishful thinking, Amber So good to see you the other day!

Thanks for the kudos on the boro focals!!!! Don't think I could ever switch over completely, but ...........

Old 2008-10-26, 8:26am

Boro addiction or no... every once in awhile ya just gotta go back to the light side!. They keep adding more tempting colors...

Old 2008-10-27, 3:52pm
Skeptical Optimist

SO GA makes FF, can we see some pics please?
Cheers!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.

Last edited by ShepherdCreations; 2008-10-27 at 4:07pm. Reason: Duh moment...
Old 2008-10-27, 7:49pm
Pyromaniac

Check out this thread for pics:

Fuschia Fantasy Thread

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-24, 12:57am

oh wow this color looks like it could be very delicious!!
Old 2008-11-24, 2:27pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

I am new to boro and picked up 1/2 lb of this color and am getting better at working it as I go. Started out just getting warm yellow and a little peachy color and have now worked up to some soft, yummy pinks! I actually find myself reaching for it when I make my horse head sculptural pendants now.......gives some nice subtle color variations to my pieces.

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2008-11-24, 5:41pm

I didn't get any Fuschia Fantasy...but I did get some more SOB and Lori's Bronze. What is funny is that I was talking to another lampworker the other day about how I disliked LB the first time I used it. So much so that I put it away and never reached for it. Something made me pick it up again a few weeks ago....I LOVE it...now! It's like GA heard our conversation and made some more

Old 2008-11-24, 5:51pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Wow Kim!
You're rocking that LB!
I don't get anything close to that.

I was checking out your etsy stuff too.
I am SO impressed!
Can I tell people I know you ?

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-24, 6:06pm

Thank you Karen. It means a LOT to me!! I'm not so sure you WANT people to know you know me Well....if you want to spread the word, I'm in a two week big deal show starting next week....could you send a few peeps to visit? I'm still trying to figure out how I got in

Here's what I do with LB....Get the glass HOT HOT...shape it...keeping it as hot as I can. Then I let it cool and play with it in and out of an oxygenated reduction flame. I'm not sure what to call it. I don't get the same rainbow of colors if I use a regular reduction flame. Not sure why. The first time I did it this way...I opened the kiln and figured I get more of the color that I got the first time.....nope, I squealed! You look at it head on and it's "ok, a nice brown" then turn it just a hair and OMG....you can see the colors!! I HAD to buy more today!!