Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-09-20, 11:12am
addicted to dichro

Default Adding text to your photos...

This is probably a really stupid question. I want to add my name and the year to my bead photos but when I add text to my photos using photoshop it won't let me save the photo as a jpeg, it saves it as some other sort of file that I can't upload like a photo. What can I do about this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:47am
No Problem!

You just need to flatten the layers before you save. I think it comes up as "flatten image" under the layers menu..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-20, 12:52pm
addicted to dichro

Thank you!

TaDA!
Attached Images

Old 2008-09-22, 8:15am

you can keep the original PSD file if you want to edit it later.

just go file>save for web>

and choose jpg, or gif, or png. as your file output. you even have other options like quality and transparency. doing this type of save knocks the file size down a ton. give it a go. I use this for everything i put online, because it makes things load faster. i'm a web developer by day btw...

Andrew