No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-07-29, 12:16pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by helensharvest View Post
My techniques, when you buy them, become your techniques, and are for your beads to be sold or kept as you like.. . . and I offer email support if you have any questions, forever.
Combined what Amy said "all of their experience, expertise and secrets that they have developed over many years" with the fact that it's all rights released and with email support – it is worth WAY more than its price tag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-07-29, 12:27pm
Storm Queen

Personally if I was going to do one (and I'm not), I would set up a private Yahoo email group. Anyone that purchased my tutorial would be a member and receive all the questions asked and my answers. In the future there will be a way to do that right here on LE even. I think by doing something along those lines that a higher tutorial price is even more justified. I think higher prices are already justified though.

Old 2008-07-29, 12:34pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

I LOVE this tut and will save my pennies to get it...

I am curious as to which torch you use. I am on a Minor and do find some struggle with making larger items such as these. I would like to get an appropiate torch too...

Thanks for the insight. I think $100 is a lot of money, but more than fair.

site is not yet available

Old 2008-07-29, 1:08pm
Mary Lockwood

Sorry! Posted in the wrong thread...I'm moving it.

Old 2008-07-29, 1:22pm

I have a Bobcat, my first and maybe last torch...love it so much, especially since I can touch it and not get burned...spoiled I am, w/o interest (so far) in Boro...but that could change. ♥ Thanks, Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2008-07-29, 2:02pm

Helen, your tut was sold out when I looked at it a minute ago. Isn't this sort of the concept of an internet lampwork class? I'd pay $100 to take a class in person, and if you're offering the same help I could get in person, it's worth the money. That said, though, I also greatly appreciate those who so generously share techniques and tips here.

Your pieces are true works of art, and I continue to look at the one I have, asking myself, "Now, how did she do this part?" I'm glad I got it when I did and was lucky enough to find a piece in my price range.

Old 2008-07-29, 2:19pm

I relisted it, Rachel. Which piece do you have? ♥

Old 2008-07-30, 5:56pm

I have tried 3 times to email a copy of my ebook to Australia w/o success. Has anyone else had this problem? We are having bad weather today and I'm on satellite. Will keep trying. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-07-30, 6:07pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by helensharvest View Post
I have a Bobcat, my first and maybe last torch...love it so much, especially since I can touch it and not get burned...spoiled I am, w/o interest (so far) in Boro...but that could change. ♥ Thanks, Love, Helen
Just spend a little time with me, Helen...I bet you could make gorgeous boro things

Old 2008-07-30, 7:15pm
Detail G-Mama!

Helen, have them check their junk mail, one gal had mine in there and one just didn't get it so I had to email to a different email but as far as I know, eveyone has gotten theirs!

Old 2008-07-30, 7:19pm

Helen-You are a class act. Congrats on your tutorial!
Old 2008-07-30, 7:26pm

Pipyr, I'd love to spend time and do boro w/ you, but doubt that will happen. When you get land, you spend all your time always working it...and we don't even have animals yet. We hate even to have to go to town...did I tell you the air smells like potpourri here?

Thanks, Anne. She had a prob w/ her paypal addy.

Mary, you are sweet, and thanks!

♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-07-30, 9:39pm
Slightly Askew.....

Hi Helen, I love your work & I believe you have set a new presidence (sp?) for the price of tutorials. Congratulations!!!

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

Old 2008-07-31, 5:44am

Thankyou, Charlotte! ♥

Old 2008-08-01, 1:59pm

I want this tutorial SO badly. I can hardly sleep at night thinking should I get it or should I keep trying to make flowers my way.....?

Decisions, decisions!
Old 2008-08-01, 5:34pm
Dangerous Woman

Oh get it Carol!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-01, 7:09pm

Ok, Nancy!

I got it, I love it, now I'm going to go to my torch and make something beautiful, yahoo!
Old 2008-08-01, 7:16pm
Dangerous Woman

Wow I didn't realize I had that much power! Maybe I can use some of that power to get people to buy my beads!

I can't wait to give it a try. Hopefully tomorrow.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-01, 7:51pm

Nancy, I have to admit I had already bought it when I saw your great advice to go ahead and buy it, hehe.

It's going to be so much more fun knowing what to do than trying my own ways. Last night I had petals exploding all over the place and of course, me screaming and quitting and wanting this this tutorial!

I am really excited about going back to the torch now. But......I just had to make some Friday night popcorn and I'm enjoying that first.
Old 2008-08-01, 8:02pm

OK, ladies! I need to see all these Flowers blooming in your garden kilns tonight....please? I made a cow today. I may have made one before in my chicken phase, but living in the country makes you love country things I guess...Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-01, 8:23pm

I'm going to go warm up the kiln now and we'll see what comes out in the

mooooooorning, hehe.

Carol
Old 2008-08-01, 8:23pm
da General

I got one in the kiln, Helen! Can't wait till after the Gathering to try out your techniques. Needless to say, I didn't follow the instruction exactly . . . mine is more a hibiscus lol! Hope to make one more this evening!

Will sign up for bead coach this weekend. I am taking a workshop with Narikazu Kogure!!!

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2008-08-01 at 8:35pm.
Old 2008-08-01, 8:30pm

Helen I'm pretty close to getting your tut but only have a minor will that do? I'm not going larger anytime soon. that I know of.

I love cows can we see the cow?
Old 2008-08-01, 11:05pm

I used the tutorial to make a sunflower. I made a sunflower the other day and I believe this one I just made is SO much prettier, balanced and stable, but I was nervous and afraid if I didn't hurry up and get it in the kiln something would go wrong as it usually does or seems like it does. Then, I was going to quit for the night since it was so late but I just had to make a couple of the leaves too .

I can't wait till the morning and I hope we do get to see your cow, Helen!
Old 2008-08-02, 5:47am

Hi yellowbird. I only have a Bobcat, have never used a Minor, but have read they are comparable. I do turn my candles way down, oxy up working so small. This is kind of hard stuff, even for advanced beadmakers, but I have tried to be clear in my instructions, and will hold your hands in a cyber way. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-02, 10:27am

Helen,
Where is your cow?
I'll show you my sunflower if you show me your cow, lol.
Love,
Carol
Old 2008-08-02, 10:46am

yellowbird, I wrote this in the bathroom on LE but I copied and pasted because it might help you make your decision:

I got the tutorial yesterday and I personally know it was worth every penny and more. She does tell you what is in the tutorial. She teaches you to make the flower that is on the listing for the tutorial. She has said in a post I've read somewhere on LE that it is the foundation for making her other flowers.
Not only does she save you 6 years trying to figure it out for yourself but she has undoubtedly saved me a lot of glass.
I have a beautiful sunflower (of course, that's my opinion and my DH's opinion who rarely says anything about my beads) to show for it.
I put a clip on the printed out tutorial and when I was making the sunflower (I know that is not the flower she was teaching but it is what I chose to make)........anyway, I was able to flip to the page I needed and it was written so perfectly that it was easy to find the information I needed at the time while twirling my bead in the flame to keep it warm!
I marvel at the wisdom she had when writing this tutorial now that I've actually used it to make a flower .
I highly recommend it.
I haven't bought any other tutorials yet, not because I didn't want to but because I am making sculptural flowers at the present and really needed some help.
This tutorial was better than taking a $400 class in my opinion because I didn't have to leave home, I didn't have to get a hotel and, well you get the idea. It's not that I wouldn't do all the above, I just don't have the finances and in my city there is nothing available.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:05pm

Thanks so much, Carol, you Sweety, you!
This is a bead of my across the road neighbor cow...my first from life, so don't judge too harshly..I make better flowers. ♥ Love, Helen, awaiting a Sunflower...

Old 2008-08-02, 12:56pm

Default you showed me yours, now I'll show you mine

That cow is soooooo cute! I bet your neighbor just loves it, too. It's got the sweetest expression, did you name it?

ok, since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine. Now, remember this is my first one and I was extremely nervous and well, I promise the next one will be better.

I need to get off this computer now and make my next one!
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-02, 12:57pm

OMG. I would buy that tut in a HEARTBEAT! You're sold out Helen!

ALSO.. DRESDEN TULIP... O M G.. Unbelievable. Must have. need $$.. Someday, Helen, I WILL o9wn one of your masterpieces. It is on my bucket list.