Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-05-23, 6:20am
Bead Scientist

I'm going for the first time, and I'm so excited!!

I'm taking a couple of non-glass classes earlier in the week, and will be ready to shop later.

I have printed out a map of the show and highlighted all the booths I can't miss (everyone whose name I recognize). How will I ever get to them all? And that doesn't even include all the stuff I'm clueless about that will stop me in my tracks.

Hoping to meet some of you!
Vickie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-23, 11:58am

I will be there. In booth 1222. I will have lots of my stuff and beads from Renee of Mother Beads.

I'm sitting down this weekend and making grab bags. I've thought of putting together grab bags for the last 10 years or so. I have so much weird/random stuff around my studio-I always say I'm gonna make little packs with some weird bead I did then never duplicated, or used funky colors on. I'm gonna have something weird, then a couple sweet normal pieces, then another off thing (maybe different color than I was shooting for, etc.). Have bags with 3 - 6 items in them from $20 - $40 bucks.

I will also have a lot of regular pendants and beads. Some of my really BIG focal beads. Also some of Jenny's lizard, frog and butterfly pendants. Some of her silhouette pieces too.

Also going to be in the Flame On for Breast Cancer.

Looie
Old 2008-05-23, 3:36pm
Fusing Glass

Does anyone have a bead social ticket or 2-3 of the flame off tickets? I missed out as I was supposed to teach
Old 2008-05-25, 4:56am

I just love the Bead & Button Show! I'll be there all week. I'm taking a class with Robert Dancik and Louise Duhamel and one with Celie Fago. I'm also going to attend the Flame Off, naturally. How could I miss that? I'll be there all week and my sister is going to meet me there on Wednesday. We are also bringing our bikes so we can take a break and go ride along the lake front one day. I hope we have nice weather!
I usually do a lot of shopping; I have no local beadshop where I live so I do a years worth of stocking up while I'm there.
You guys should take a break from the show and check out the Milwaukee Art Museum. It is fantastic. There is a giant Chiluly sculpture in the main lobby.
Wonderful, just wonderful!
Milwaukee is a lovely city. Very clean. Beautiful buildings and old homes to see.

Caty
Old 2008-05-26, 8:52am
Covered in glitter

Caty don't know about the rest of them but you are going to LOVE Celie's class. Whatever it is...won't matter. She's fabulous.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-05-26, 9:21am
Ex-lurker

I'm going for the first time for a looksee. Can't wait! While I am there, I'm hooking up with a friend that I used to work with eons ago - probably haven't seen him in a dozen years or so. Should be a fun time in Milwaukee!

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2008-05-26, 6:40pm
Covered in glitter

A week from tonight I'll be having dinner with Kathie and Robin! My roomie will be there a week from tomorrow. I've got my glass tools packed up and am going to get the PMC and other stuff packed up tomorrow. I've got so much PMC stuff that I can pack up what I need and still do PMC all week. LOL
I can't wait!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-05-26, 7:22pm

One of my favorite things about Bead and Button is the chance to renew friendships. I have a friend from Israel that I re-connect with each year. This year I will also get to meet someone from Japan who I have been corresponding with but have never met. It is exhausting to do all the preparing and packing that we all do, but it is really pleasant to anticipate seeing old friends and making new ones!! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-05-26, 7:31pm
Covered in glitter

It is a great thing about it Jeri. It's always so much fun meeting new people too. I find that each year I know more and more people there. I LOVE it!

Old 2008-05-27, 6:57am
Red - Three Fates Design

I think I'll be going for the first time. Wasn't able to take a class this year b/c it's a crazy time in the lab right now. But I'm hoping to at least get there after work on Fri (I work 5 min from downtown). And as a newbie, I can't wait to see everyone's work in person!!!

Old 2008-05-27, 2:12pm
Covered in glitter

Oh Victoria, be prepared for major overload! You're going to have a great time!

Old 2008-05-28, 5:34pm
Newfoundland lover!

I think I can come again!!!
My husband is not going to have surgery until early July. (Long story but after all the tests and doctors opinions it looks 95% non cancerous(big yay!). They are very optimsitic about the surgery, too!)
So now that things are calm and he feels fine, I am making plans right now.
I am going at least for a few days and taking the 2 classes I couldn't sell! (think there was a divine reason I couldn't sell them).
I'll be there tues eve-fri morn or tues eve- sat eve. well I am hoping to get into Lori Copelands 2 day Boro class. Registration is closed online so I am taking a risk!
Now I get to shop and visit you talented "bead people!"

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2008-05-28, 7:43pm
Covered in glitter

Did you end up selling the master class?

Old 2008-05-29, 10:58am
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

Just catching this thread now....

I will be there, booth 1157 - corner - can't miss us. I am sharing a 10x10 with Kerri Fuhr and Stephanie Cannon.....the Canadian girls are coming!

Old 2008-05-29, 4:32pm
Newfoundland lover!

Deb- yes, they actually sold it for me. But now I am trying to get into Lauri Copelands 2 day Boro class. I have to wait to buy it there. It's all good!

Boobiebeads- I can't wait to see your beads in person! I love them.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2008-05-30, 5:08pm
Button Queen

Sure wish I was leaving tomorrow. I'm ready to blow this popsicle stand. I've got my paperwork all together, the route map quested, and I printed out my avatar and taped it on my name tag. Just need to do some last-minute packing, and I'm OUTTA here! I don't leave until Tuesday though...
Old 2008-05-30, 7:44pm
Covered in glitter

Oh good idea about avatar...I hope I can remember to do it.

Old 2008-05-30, 8:36pm

I don't suppose anyone is going up early Tuesday morning from the Chicago area (nw subs) who would be interested in sharing a ride/gas cost?

I was planning on going up with my husband but he now has to work and will have to join me later. I don't drive much so I thought I would see if anyone might be driving up in time for Tuesday classes - I thought it was worth a shot to check.

Michelle
Old 2008-05-31, 7:29am
Covered in glitter

Michelle, going up before Tuesday. Sorry...

Old 2008-06-01, 9:05am

I know somewhere I saw a diagram of the marketplace floor. Does anyone have a link to it. I may be to late as I know the show started today but I'm going tomorrow and I wanted to map out all LE booths before I get there.
Mary
Old 2008-06-01, 9:44am

This page has a list of exhibitors
http://www.beadandbuttonshow.com/bnb...aspx?c=a&id=29
and under "Exhibitor Info" there is a link to a pdf map of the show floor. I couldn't find anything else that I thought would be helpful. I'm packing, pricing and angsting over beads, pls come by and say hello!! Jeri

OH - I found this in Julz's post in another thread. http://www.beadandbuttonshow.com/bnb...spx?c=me&id=92

Last edited by Jeri; 2008-06-01 at 9:47am.
Old 2008-06-01, 9:51am

Thanks for taking the time. Did you post your booth number before? I'll definitely look you up.
Mary
Old 2008-06-01, 9:59am

I seem to lack that marketing gene!! I'm in 1017 where I am sharing a booth with Patti Cahill. I'll be the one fondling her beads behind the table!! Jeri

Old 2008-06-01, 10:52am

Default Anyone going to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee June 1-8?

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I'm so excited about going that I got my reception titles confused...

Patti
Old 2008-06-06, 11:12pm
Dancing Thru Life........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caty View Post
I just love the Bead & Button Show! I'll be there all week. I'm taking a class with Robert Dancik and Louise Duhamel and one with Celie Fago. I'm also going to attend the Flame Off, naturally. How could I miss that? I'll be there all week and my sister is going to meet me there on Wednesday. We are also bringing our bikes so we can take a break and go ride along the lake front one day. I hope we have nice weather!
I usually do a lot of shopping; I have no local beadshop where I live so I do a years worth of stocking up while I'm there.
You guys should take a break from the show and check out the Milwaukee Art Museum. It is fantastic. There is a giant Chiluly sculpture in the main lobby.
Wonderful, just wonderful!
Milwaukee is a lovely city. Very clean. Beautiful buildings and old homes to see.

Caty
Caty,

Louise Duhamei came to our booth and bought three texture hammers for her class tomorrow. Is that for you? Wendy Witchner uses the hammers to make the design in the wire for the Button Necklace and Bracelet designs (Wendy taught the design on Wednesday along with the Knotty Necklace class). I am working with Wendy helping her at the show and her booth. I get to dog sit her German Shepherd while she goes to Alaska next week.

If you read this before you leave the show - and you like the hammers come down to Booth #133. We have two bins of them you can try out on a block with some copper sheets or silver wire. If you don't read this at the show, pst me if you still want to buy a hammer. The prices are really reasonable too. They are $30, $35, and $40. Wendy learned the technique from a man (can't remember name) who she thinks invented the idea. Kind of a long story with that.

Loving every minute of the show. I helped Wendy with her two classes and then worked her booth (table) since the night of "Meet the Teacher". I didn't take classes this year because I wanted to see what and who I wanted to learn in the future. I really shocked Celie Fago. She thought I was going to yell at her but my mouth actually hit the floor when I discovered her table at "Meet The Teacher". She is the coolest lady. Really a sweetheart. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming. My first year and first impression has been a great one. I can't wait for next year. I haven't even left yet.

If you have ever wondered if it was worth coming to Bead and Button the answer is definitely yes. The experience has been nothing but positive from the moment I boarded Midwest Airlines which is a home based airline out of Milwaukee. The people are very friendly and accomodating. Great restaurants and other places to see. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed the food here. Lots to see and do to the point of overwhelming. I got to touch Kim Field's hand!!!! LOL. Seriously, she was incredibly sweet and so funny. I enjoyed talking to every single artist I've met here this week. I haven't had one of them throw me out of their booth for drooling. I've been doing a lot of that too!!!!

Make your plans for next yeat. It should be a lot of fun!
Old 2008-06-09, 8:14pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I had a great time. It was so wonderful to meet and see all the people that have been posting here on LE. It was great to see their wonderful beads close up. Such inspiration everywhere. Meet the teachers was great too. This is where you have the first opportunity to buy the kits from the teachers. So even if you don't have a class with them, you can buy their kits and figure it out for yourself. The kits have great directions in them. Some of the teachers were selling their beads too. You have first dibs on everything. Well worth the $12 ticket. I hope to go again next year. Had a great time!

Ebay:
Old 2008-06-26, 8:05am

beautiful...