Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-12-28, 2:18pm

Default "POOP"

Just picked up two brand new 40# propane tanks and an enormous oxygen tank to finally fire up my new Mega Minor. I have been on a hot head for the past three months or so with just small bottles of MAPP gas...

All I can remember now is POOP! I hope I get the connections right and I have it set up correctly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
Old 2012-12-28, 3:05pm
honorary bead lady

POOP as in Propane, Oxy, Oxy, Propane
or POOP as in remember didilly squat
Old 2012-12-28, 3:57pm

lol, thanks David! Well I was all geared up to either bead all night or for a mass explosion...however, my enormous oxygen tank seems to have no pressure...could they have possibly given me an empty tank?! goodness.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-01-08, 5:49pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Julie - couple ideas to try ...

You might already have done so of course but ...

- check the pressure dial on your regulator .... need to turn it up depending on what torch you're running. You should be able to look up the ideal oxy psi on the manufacturer's web page, and you should be able to see how empty/full the tank is on that other dial on that same regulator!

Or ... if you have flashback arrestor on that line, check that it hasn't been put on the wrong way ... there's an arrow on it that shows the direction of the flow I think ...

Or it could be empty as you say ... but if it's really heavy and you turn the knob and hear the gas escaping then you'll know it's not ....!!

Good luck!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin

Last edited by LemonwoodStudio; 2013-01-08 at 5:56pm.
Old 2013-01-08, 7:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonwoodStudio View Post
Julie - couple ideas to try ...

You might already have done so of course but ...

- check the pressure dial on your regulator .... need to turn it up depending on what torch you're running. You should be able to look up the ideal oxy psi on the manufacturer's web page, and you should be able to see how empty/full the tank is on that other dial on that same regulator!

Or ... if you have flashback arrestor on that line, check that it hasn't been put on the wrong way ... there's an arrow on it that shows the direction of the flow I think ...

Or it could be empty as you say ... but if it's really heavy and you turn the knob and hear the gas escaping then you'll know it's not ....!!

Good luck!
Thank you Amanda!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-01-10, 5:10pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Hi Julie ... sorry I should have said turn the knob on the tank itself without the hoses attached .... ... and you'll hear if it's full or not ... if you did that with the arrestors in place that are the wrong way round you wouldn't hear anything of course!!!!

Hope I'm not confusing everything!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-01-19, 9:39am

I use the "poop" word everytime I turn on the oxy and propane. You would think after this long it would be second nature and maybe it would be but I'd rather "poop" than "BOOM"!!!!!!!

Sharon