Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-01-10, 6:15pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default THALLO and more at Double Helix Glassworks.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thallo, lustered and encased.

Thallo is an emerald green super luster. Repeated brief reductions create a palette of exterior lusters; silvers, golds, blues, greens and purples. Thallo holds a strong metallic luster under clear encasement, yielding green and blue mother of pearl effects. It was developed from the popular test batches OX-459 and TO-578.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Exterior luster palette of Thallo.

Thallo retails at $80/pound.

Also available are three exclusive colors.

CX-544, a variation on the popular test batch CX-543, is an amber/gold/orange super luster, holding it's luster well under clear. It strikes to it's various tonalities in the flame, and is $20 per quarter pound.

ES-582, our house black. We formulated this black for our own use in our murrini production, but we thought you might like to give it a try. It is a smooth working color that fully develops it's opacity in the annealer. It also produces catalyst effects when melted with luster colors. Shown in the foreground below is ES-582 pulled to 2mm stringer, over white.

WH-521 is our house white, also developed for our own use in our murrini. It has been formulated to have a gentle viscosity curve and to resist thermal shock when exposed to the flame. Shown in the foreground below is WH-521 pulled to 2mm stringer over black.

We really enjoy using our house black and white, and would love to hear how they perform in our customer's diverse applications. Both retail at $10 per quarter pound.

All four new colors will be available at 8am EST on Saturday, January 11 at

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Jed and Julie at Double Helix Glassworks
Old 2014-01-11, 8:23am
Plumb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-11, 9:47am

I couldn't resist and had an order shipped to some family members. Will ask them to bring it over with them when they visit later this year. International shipping and customs is enough even before my postal service puts another $15 "handling charge" on it...
Old 2014-01-12, 4:04am

Oh, I have been wanting to order some of your glass for awhile. Now I want it more than ever. Hmmm...I have a birthday coming up next month. I think I might have to make a birthday present to myself