Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-06, 5:13pm
Dilly53

Default Need info on TAG glass

I've been lurking around here for a long time, and every once in awhile (probably more often than is good for my bank account) I get the need for some wonderful new glass everyone is raving about. I decided in my latest buy to be careful and thrifty by buying the bundle of all the colors of TAG glass instead of buying lots of some colors I might not like. So, now it's here and I keep looking at all those rods and feel that I should be doing something with them, but I have no idea if these are mostly reducing colors or how to make them do their "thing". Does anyone have any hints on how to use any of this glass? I have such a little bit of each one that I don't want to waste any by testing methods that don't work. So, all you experts TAG users out there can you please help me out?

Thanks!

Gail Witt
Pickadilly Beads
Old 2009-05-06, 5:41pm

Maybe you should post under Tips, Techniques and Questions forum in the Library - I think this area is more for software issues with this site. I am sure you somebody will jump in soon to help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-06, 5:43pm
I like to melt things

You can also find a lot of good information by doing a search. Most of the glass has been reviewed and samples have been posted of most of the colours, some of them with working instructions.

-
-
Old 2009-05-06, 8:56pm
Rare Florida Native

Sent you a pm and some info

Old 2009-05-07, 5:29am
Skeptical Optimist

Did you get their soft or hard glass? I haven't tried the soft, so can't advise there But the boro colors should be pretty good, especially the red elvis and apricot, and blue leprechaun is loverly...

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2009-05-07, 6:12am
Miles from nowhere...

Also, if you have more questions after searching, etc., email or call Jenny at TAG and she can give you very specific help. She's very knowledgable and helpful.

Kate

Old 2009-05-07, 4:08pm

Aw, shucks, Kate!

Yes, I am the go-to gal for TAG stuff... PM me your e-mail address and I will send you e-mail attachments of the official Working Tips that I actually do update now and then, lol! These are the sheets we include with retail orders. Or you can just write me at jenny@taglass.com and I'll send them on. There is also (slightly less updated) working information on our website, www.taglass.com.

For those of you lurking who don't want to go that far, I'll just say this about our reactive 104s: if it's opaque, it's a striker that you'll want to heat the crap out of in the gather, then apply to the bead and strike like normal (like you would strike Rubino or something.) If it's a transparent striker, Tibet, don't bother deep heating it, it will strike normally like Rubino does. If it's Zeus or Juno, try reducing THEN striking the reduction. The Black Cherry strikes in the kiln, not the flame. The rest of them are reducers: Cezanne, Taxco, Juno, Golden Emerald, Lake Geneva, Montreux and deep Purple all reduce.

thanks for asking! I hope you won't be disappointed. ~Jenny @ TAG

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid