Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-05-24, 2:24pm
Certified Thread Killer

Question Help Me Identify this 104 Color...

I "inherited" a large quantity of miscellaneous shorts, mostly Moretti/Effetre, with some Lauscha and Vetro mixed in for good measure.

Y'all were SO fantastic helping me identify my last mystery color which turned out to be "Parrot Green". I'm usually pretty good at identifying colors but some were made before my (glass) time.

I'll have to post a pic later, but I have the most gorgeous bright deep orange I have ever seen. It's an orange-y colored rod with a yellow core. I only have about 6-inches of the rod left.

I do not believe it is Moretti/Effetre yellow apricot, and it doesn't match any of my Vetro odd oranges like candy corn and creamsicle at all. It's solid opaque with a very pronounced yellow-colored core.

Can it be red roof tile?

Oh pls don't let it have gone the way of parrot green
Old 2010-05-24, 2:30pm
sunscreen me baby

Is it a winter squash orange? I have a tequila orange coral that is a shiny rod that is orange on the outside and yellow in the core.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-05-24, 3:03pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Orange Delight or Papaya??

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2010-05-24, 4:36pm

Sunny Mango Coral?
Old 2010-05-24, 5:14pm

There's an old school orange - thinking 422? - that meets that description, my rods of it are thicker... The batch of color has since changed and isn't as cool...

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....18cb3c0be66074

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-05-24, 6:06pm
Certified Thread Killer

We have a winner–I think.

Thank you all. You gave me the color suggestions and I did the research.

Of course it's going to be a "no longer available color"

422 odd. I'm going to go home, get the rod and post a pic, just in case!
Old 2010-05-24, 7:39pm

I would love to see the color, sounds like a color I have a bunch of that I have not identified
Old 2010-05-24, 8:09pm
Super Duper

The 422 orange varies a lot in rod form but I find it is almost always a very bright orange once melted. I go through pounds and pounds and only had one batch which was less bright.
Old 2010-05-24, 8:44pm
Certified Thread Killer

Well, I can say it looks nothing like the batch of regular 422 I have other than being orange. I will make a couple beads of both, pop 'em in the kiln, and present the results tomorrow.

Since I know I'll likely not find more of this color, does anyone know how CIM Pumpkin compares?
Old 2010-05-25, 3:31am
sunscreen me baby

It's a little hard to tell when we can't see the orange your glass makes, now isn't it?

I have a 422 that looks like your description so if it's the same I'll be happy to sell to or trade with you. It would only be about 1/4 pound, but it's something.

Show the pretties!

~

Old 2010-05-25, 7:17am
Certified Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
It's a little hard to tell when we can't see the orange your glass makes, now isn't it?

Show the pretties!
They've been too hot to handle…LOL!

But I think the kiln has cooled to a decent temp now. It was still at 200°F when I got up. They are Hot & FRESH!
Old 2010-05-25, 9:27pm
Certified Thread Killer

Okay, Pics! And I'm surprised that they are fairly representative of the actual color differences!

First the "mystery orange". I made a couple of beads, you can see the yellow in the center (I hope) of the rod, As Nikki may have correctly identified the orange, I have included the tail-end of one of my "studio mascots". I believe she used that color swirled with coral. It's such a FUN color! Shame.

Second pic:
The current 422 orange. It is certainly darker, just one shade off from light red but fires up nice & red-orange. The swirls of color in the finished beads are hardly perceptable (and not just because the pic is blurry
Old 2010-05-25, 9:53pm

Thank you! The top one is the one I have been wondering about! I have quite a bit of full and shorts.