LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-08, 3:03pm
Against the Grain

I have another observation to add. On my torch anyway (mini CC) it likes a little extra oxy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-08, 3:54pm
sunscreen me baby

My observation.... WHEN CAN I GET MY HANDS ON SOME???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Old 2011-05-08, 5:26pm
Smile, it's contagious!

want!

or more accurately, need!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-05-08, 5:46pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
My observation.... WHEN CAN I GET MY HANDS ON SOME???
No sh*t!! I'm dying here...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-08, 5:55pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Ne-ne-ne-neener

Not really fair, I know. Just being a bit mean today

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-09, 7:52am
Normal is Boring!!

There is nothing worst than spending an hour on a bead and then encase it and have bubbles or scum ruin it. My torch time is so limited that having AMAZING clear with no worries that the last step of my bead will go bad is soooooo worth the money!!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Last edited by Afterdark; 2011-05-09 at 10:02am.
Old 2011-05-09, 8:54am
Against the Grain

That's exactly how I feel Trudy. It's usually during the final step, like putting a big dot of clear over a murrini that I get the scum. If I do notice it, it's almost impossible to pick the scummy dot off without ruining the murrini. Doesn't make me any happier when I find the scum the next morning after I take the bead out of the kiln. It's just a big waste of my time, so I would rather pay extra for a good clear so I don't have to worry about it.

Old 2011-05-09, 10:04am
Normal is Boring!!

Any other brand of clear on my table will be used to fill up the center of big beads that get covered with something else. I won't use anything else but DH unless it's boro (which happens)

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2011-05-11, 7:51am
Rose colored glasses…√

Is it ready yet?

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-11, 7:52am
Rose colored glasses…√

How 'bout now?

Old 2011-05-11, 12:12pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Getting antsy here!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-05-11, 2:10pm
Lampworkaholic!

Drum drum drum ...

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-05-14, 10:47pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Hello??? Is this thing on?? We're waaaaiting.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-05-15, 10:10am
Burning Fingers!

. . . . are we there yet?

/
/
/

Old 2011-05-15, 10:25am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Is it just me or does the Zephyr even make normal colors appear brighter? I find that my HH can dull some colors but the Zephyr brings them back to their original brightness when encased.

Like the red is just Effetre Red, which can get kinda dark but it looks so bright here:

Last edited by *Naos*; 2011-05-15 at 10:27am.
Old 2011-05-15, 2:04pm

ohhhhh awwwwww, cleaning up the drool here Amber. What a luscious bead.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-05-15, 6:10pm
Smile, it's contagious!

um... I wouldn't know, cuz I DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!!!

</wahwahbabypants>

The red really does look nice and bright!! It looks glossier too... not flat/dull at all.

Old 2011-05-15, 6:41pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
Is it just me or does the Zephyr even make normal colors appear brighter? I find that my HH can dull some colors but the Zephyr brings them back to their original brightness when encased.

Like the red is just Effetre Red, which can get kinda dark but it looks so bright here:

Amber, those colors are intense! I don't think it's just you. I don't have any of this glass yet, but I think I may have to get some eventually.
Old 2011-05-15, 6:50pm
And silence is golden

Now that you all have tested the glass, I think it's about time for the results to be determined and the product to be marketed. However, I can understand a waiting period to make sure that there aren't going to be any cracking issues with this glass. I'd hate to see that happen.
Old 2011-05-15, 6:53pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I have a patience problem.

Old 2011-05-15, 8:45pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

I like the way it keeps the "under-color" from not giving a green cast to it also. It's a great clear!! I'll show some photos when my camera is fixed. Bwwwwaaaaah.......

Jack

Last edited by J&M; 2011-05-19 at 8:56pm. Reason: mispelled word
Old 2011-05-15, 9:13pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Has anyone told DH about this thread?

Old 2011-05-15, 11:19pm

You girls are cracking me up...all I see is a scene from the movies where there are all these women packed waiting at the door for the department store's big sale wanting in! I feel sorry for the guy who has to open that door! Is there room for one more?

Kathie

Old 2011-05-16, 2:34pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
Has anyone told DH about this thread?
I've seen them reading it. I hope they come out with this over the summer because it really is a necessary staple for me.

Old 2011-05-16, 2:53pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5336 View Post
You girls are cracking me up...all I see is a scene from the movies where there are all these women packed waiting at the door for the department store's big sale wanting in! I feel sorry for the guy who has to open that door! Is there room for one more?
LOL. I'm sure this is the reason they don't have a store that we can go visit. There would be a mob of us camping outside the door by now.

Old 2011-05-16, 3:01pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Oh my Lynn - but they DO have (kind of) a store that you can go visit.
You just need to tell them in advance!
I've been last year with a couple of other lampworkers and we had a blast. It was a total frenzy and I was in glass heaven!!!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-16, 4:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Moon Lampwork View Post
LOL. I'm sure this is the reason they don't have a store that we can go visit. There would be a mob of us camping outside the door by now.

Lynn, if they did..."road trip" and I'd be in my car heading west! Got another response from our "favorite bidder"...I'll pm you. Yikes!

Judith...shhh, we didn't hear that!

Kathie

Old 2011-05-16, 4:51pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Billig View Post
Oh my Lynn - but they DO have (kind of) a store that you can go visit.
You just need to tell them in advance!
I've been last year with a couple of other lampworkers and we had a blast. It was a total frenzy and I was in glass heaven!!!
You know, as soon as I posted that and walked away, I thought "maybe they do have a store and I just don't know about it." I'm always the last to know. Next time there's a group going down there, I would love to go!

Old 2011-05-16, 5:19pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I've seen them reading it. I hope they come out with this over the summer because it really is a necessary staple for me.
Over the summer? It's May. It's not even summer yet. My, aren't you the patient sort? I want it NOW!!

Old 2011-05-16, 5:20pm
Storm Queen

Summer is just four or five weeks away ya know...