Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-08-24, 8:31am
Light My Torch

I did travleocity secret hotel for portland I got the sherton for 75.00. I have never used this before-so I will find out and so far ok. Just wanted to pass on some ifo
jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-24, 12:03pm
I'm meeeeelting

If it's the Sheraton near the airport, I think you'll be happy with that pick. The rooms aren't huge but they're comfy and attractive. I stayed there last year coming and going from Glass Stock.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-08-24, 4:12pm
Light My Torch

yes it's the one by the airport, I have a very early flight out on Tuesday. Just thought that I would post one of the thing that I have done to save money.....of course we know why we need to save money......glass.....glass...glass....
jeri

Old 2010-08-25, 7:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Great looking out Jeri, we can all use to save some $!

Remember, Teague is so right, weather is always a guess here, especially this year, so weird! Can't wait to see you Teague, hugs!!!

Also, the venue is huge but if we can avoid rolling carts for tools and gear that would be awesome!

OH, teachers will all have small lockers, bring your own lock please!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-25, 8:37pm

Default Late Joiner

Hello all. Looks like it is going to be a couple of weeks of firsts for me...never posted on LE, never been to glass stock, never been to Oregon for that matter

I was hoping you all might be able to help out on hotels. I've called around all over Eugene looking for somewhere that isn't going to cost me more than my airfare and so far the only one I have found that isn't completely booked is the America's Best Inn. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? Reviews I've seen are mixed, but there were a couple saying it was in a shady area of town and being a solo traveler arriving at 10:30pm on Wed, that made me nervous.

Any and all thoughts are welcome and I'm looking forward to Glass Stock!
Alana
Old 2010-08-25, 10:05pm
I'm meeeeelting

Alana, Welcome aboard! I don't know anything about that hotel or location (it's been ages since I've been to Eugene), but one option you may want to check, if you haven't already, is the Mi Casa Guesthouse. I think there are at least a few attendees staying there. It's apparently a youth hostel without the youth and is very inexpensive. Also, I think I heard from someone that the Broadway Inn is supposed to be pretty decent and fairly reasonably priced. Maybe you've already checked on it?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-26, 7:12am

Hi, Alana!!!!! So good to see you here! Got her hooked on going to Glass Stock! Colorado's contingent is now up to 7

Alana, if it's the America's Best Value Inn is where Ellen is staying.

Deb, you are just the bestest..... a locker as well to store tools in..... Already got my lock packed!

Old 2010-08-26, 10:04am

Just need to put the finishing touches on my hat.... now how the heck am I going to pack it ~ Chuck won't let me wear it on the plane

Old 2010-08-26, 10:47am
I'm meeeeelting

If it's anything like last year's pjs, I can't wait to see it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-26, 11:04am

Yeah..... but we never did have the PJ contest..... gave them away and my monkey is very sad

Old 2010-08-26, 11:42am

whooo hooo I can't wait to see your hat!!! I am sure it is awesome if you are wondering how to pack it. Ahhh heck just wear it on the plane. Everyone will be your insta-friend.
Old 2010-08-26, 12:52pm
Type ZZZ personality

A lock? really? I haven't had one of those in years.
Actually, I do have one. It's the combination I don't have!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-08-26, 12:56pm

Hey, Patty ~ I'm on the same page ~ Had to get the lock and figure out the combo...

Old 2010-08-26, 2:44pm

Are we having a meet and great this year? I looked though my newsletters and did not see it. If so where and times?

Old 2010-08-26, 3:36pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy View Post
Are we having a meet and great this year? I looked though my newsletters and did not see it. If so where and times?
Hmmm... I can't find the info either...
There's a staff meeting at EGS but I don't know if the meet & greet is there or a restaurant...

I just sent Deb an email.

Old 2010-08-26, 6:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Alana, Welcome aboard! I don't know anything about that hotel or location (it's been ages since I've been to Eugene), but one option you may want to check, if you haven't already, is the Mi Casa Guesthouse. I think there are at least a few attendees staying there. It's apparently a youth hostel without the youth and is very inexpensive. Also, I think I heard from someone that the Broadway Inn is supposed to be pretty decent and fairly reasonably priced. Maybe you've already checked on it?
Thanks for the reply! I did find a place to stay, yay! It's a house with a bunch of other bead stock attendees, so should be great!

Hi Leslie So glad you gave me the info, I'm extremely excited!
Old 2010-08-26, 6:47pm

I told you there were lots of great people at Glass Stock!! We are going to rock!

Old 2010-08-26, 7:13pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwiskus View Post
yes it's the one by the airport, I have a very early flight out on Tuesday. Just thought that I would post one of the thing that I have done to save money.....of course we know why we need to save money......glass.....glass...glass....
jeri
Hey Jeri, what airport are you flying out of?

ETA: Never mind. I didn't realize you were in Nebraska. LOL. Guess we won't be on the same flight! But maybe I'll see you at the airport.

Last edited by lripster; 2010-08-26 at 7:16pm.
Old 2010-08-26, 8:54pm
I'm meeeeelting

My recollection is that Deb said the meet and greet is at EGS at 6:00.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-27, 7:15am
Angel's Mom

That's what I'm thinking too, Felicia.

5 days!!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-27, 7:18am
Beyond Cloud 9!

OMG, 5 days!! Whoo hoo!

Old 2010-08-27, 7:37am

On our way out the door

Old 2010-08-27, 7:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post

Alana, if it's the America's Best Value Inn is where Ellen is staying.
Thats where Michelle and I are as well.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-08-27, 9:56am
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
On our way out the door
I'm on the plane!!

Old 2010-08-27, 10:00am

NOT FAIR I want to leave now too. So jellous... See you all in 5 days.
Old 2010-08-28, 5:51am

I'd really like to be there now. But, I guess I'll stay here a few more days. 5. I'm not ready. Nothing is done or packed. I'm coming anyway.
Joan
Old 2010-08-28, 6:34am

Stopped by EGS yesterday and hugged Deb and lots of friends. Can't wait to go back today.

Old 2010-08-29, 5:39am

4 days. This will be good.
Joan
Old 2010-08-29, 6:37am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB !!!

So, everyone, sing Happy Birthday to Deb

Old 2010-08-29, 6:41am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Happy Birthday to you!!!