Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-09-10, 1:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Post Glass Stock Heady (warning) Collab, ahhhhhhh!

Hi everyone! We are back at the ocean and worked all night Tues and Wed on this piece in my studio. We finished it and pulled it out of the kiln yesterday.

It took 4 of us 32 hours to complete it, some of us slept (I got a couple hours) and then we assembled it. John Lindquist made the blown turtles (including the pull carb turtle bowl), the sea flower and anemone ground joint before he went home. Justin Trott made the coral pipe base and did all the assembly with help from deb (me) with a hand torch. I made the blown shell at base (the water will bubble through it), the purple nudibranch, the starfish, the moorish idol, the little fishy and the kelp cane.

WOW, it was AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE! I am HOOKED!

We are selling this heady titled "Ocean Dream" and proceeds go half to Justin and the other half split to the other 3 artists who worked the piece. It was made by John Lindquist, Justin Trott, deb crowley and Pat Laundrie (my son, stayed up with us for 30 hours putting it together, grabbing punties for us and kiln stuffing) , it took all 4 of us and 2 tanks....woooohoooo!

I had dreams of one with a blown koi and waterlilies while waiting to assemble this piece. I made the blown fumed 7" (without tail yet) koi fish last night, also made some 3" boro plate waterlily pads and a wisteria colored waterlily flower. Shawn Tucker is putting frogs on my lily pads, Daniel made lily stems, tubers and another pad. We are gonna rock that piece later today!

More soon....sorry I have not posted on the GS thread...will catch up with all of you after everyone heads home...right now it is deb's turn to play!

yippy skippy and we love and miss all you Glass Stockers!

deb, justin, shawn, daniel, pat and the muses!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-10, 2:06pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default More....

Here are a couple more pics. One of us all working (Justin, Daniel and me, deb) assembling it. Also one of Justin and I contemplating the koi piece....ahhhhh

Man....this is FABULOUS FUN!

I am so inspired! Justin is so great for my muse (we miss you Jewels....wish you were here darling!) Daniel has been adopted at the compound now...when I get pieces blown for my next pipe ideas he can come help assemble them.

More updates soon....off for more oxygen

hugs and hugs and hugs! deb
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-10, 2:06pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Wow! Beautiful
Old 2010-09-10, 2:14pm
I'm meeeeelting

Nice!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-09-10, 2:16pm
Mr Brutus RIP

very awesome!!

Old 2010-09-10, 2:34pm

Wow Deb, that's terriffic. You guys rock!! And GS was awesome, even better this year.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Old 2010-09-10, 2:49pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Completely amazing and beautiful!

Old 2010-09-10, 3:22pm
Light My Torch

cooollll glad that you got some play time! After all of the hard work that you did!
thanks for everything! Sure did enjoying meeting you and the rest of GS. Long live the memories!
jeri

Old 2010-09-13, 10:52am
I speak Murrini!

Wonderful!!!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-09-13, 11:09am

Nice and yummmmmy. I am glad your muse is refired and you had some fun at the end of Glass Stock. Loves to you and the crew...vanity
Old 2010-09-13, 10:00pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks everyone! We did a few more pieces, just finished up last night. Some made it, some didn't but it was incredible juts the same to blow glass for 5 days with some great folks!

We had a loss in the family a few days ago (right after this post) and we are grieving.....give us a few days and I will post again.

I love and miss all of you!
deb

Old 2010-09-13, 10:16pm
Type ZZZ personality

That is fan-freakin-tastic Deb! You guys rock!
Love you! Miss you!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-09-15, 2:18pm

That is awesome, thanks to all, learned a lot and had a great time. Hugs to all the GS staff!

"Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!"
Old 2010-09-16, 4:29am

Very Nice !!!!

Old 2010-09-16, 4:54am
Gonna get blow'd up!

Sorry for your loss.. <3

This...has got to be the most insane tobacco-smoking device ever...freaking amazing. Even better because of the team work! Way to go

Old 2010-09-16, 8:23pm
Angel's Mom

Deb,

So sorry for your loss. That is a heck of a gorgeous piece of art work! What fun!

Kris
Old 2010-09-18, 7:49am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thank you everyone! We are just coming to terms with the loss of the grandbaby (my DIL miscarried) but are all doing ok, thank you for the concern. This is such a fantastic family, I am so glad to be a part of it!

It sure was a blast collaborating! I bought another kiln just to start making these heady pieces with my son and a couple more semi-local guys, I am so LIT! We are going to do this monthly with new pieces emerging for sale when we have them.

I will post a pic of the one with the koi and waterlily sometime this weekend, it is killer! My first real blown fish out of tubing, he is over 8" long and bent around the can, there is no looking back now.....
Guess I'll be wearing another hat on occassion....glass blower, bead lady, fuser, crossover fuser, caster, sculptor, sandblaster, stained glass chick, mosaic nipping fool, pen and ink artist, watercolourer, weaver, clay/raku artist and now, of course, degenerate pipe maker...wooohooo! Guessin' I need a bigger closet for all my hats now....ROFL!

I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life, thank you for all I learned this year... and all the love, I am a very blessed woman!

Love, hugs, sunshine and a new spark for your flame.....
debster

Old 2010-09-20, 5:28am
Beyond Cloud 9!

SWEET!! So glad you got to play and have some fun.

Old 2010-09-27, 9:24am

sweet!

we just got our box from you today! great beads, and thanks for the shirt!!

Old 2010-10-01, 7:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Dave! We couldn't do it without all of our sponsors, a HUGE woohoo for you!

We were seriously short on shirts, wish I could have sent more than one but with 22 sponsors that adds up! I will order extra next year!

It was such a blast, wow, I sure had fun!!!!! Can't wait until next year!
Hugs to Ross, Stephanie, the babies, Cody and you!
deb