No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-07-26, 9:00am
one day at a time

Default Questions about Uroboros 96 yellows

I have never tried them, and I always have great results with the Effetre yellows. Bullseye too. They stay true to the color of the rod and they don't streak. Are the Uroboros yellows as easy to work as this?

Do you have any photos of beads made with any of these? Also, what are the differences you have noticed if you have tried more than one of them? The Marigold looks darker, like more toward the orange, but the rest look the same in the photos on the Howaco Glass website.

U-355 Marigold

U-1611 Yellow Semi-Opal

U-2602 Yellow

U-2672 Sunflower

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 2014-07-26, 10:58pm
one day at a time

No one uses these colors? Shawnette??
Old 2014-07-27, 5:26am

Howaco sells Uroboros by the rod if you want to try them. I use 96, but not yellow.
Old 2014-07-27, 5:40am
one day at a time

I know that and she is who I always order from, but I have very limited funds to spend on glass. I mean, really limited funds. If I have to pay 95 cents a rod, it better be something I can use. If there was just one yellow, I might get just the one rod. But there are four to pick from. Which of them are nice and don't streak is what I need to know.
Old 2014-07-27, 6:59am

'Scuse the hell out of me then.
Old 2014-07-27, 8:20am
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I know that and she is who I always order from, but I have very limited funds to spend on glass. I mean, really limited funds. If I have to pay 95 cents a rod, it better be something I can use. If there was just one yellow, I might get just the one rod. But there are four to pick from. Which of them are nice and don't streak is what I need to know.
If it's that crucial you must choose only one rod, then you ask an impossible question. What may be great for one person is hideous to another. You've been here long enough to know everybody has their own opinions.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:33am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
'Scuse the hell out of me then.
I don't know why you have to answer back like this, Kathy. I was not rude to you. Not in the least. I stated the facts, and added a to the end of my statement. I was trying to explain to you that I really can't afford to sample glass, when one rod of Uroboros can be used to make about 25 of my regular size 8x12mm beads, which when sold, will give me enough money to put some food on the table. I'm not kidding, I really have to watch what I spend. If you can't understand that, then I really don't know what else to tell you.

Sooo....I was just asking some simple questions. Here it is again:

Who uses the Uroboros yellows? What are the differences between them? Do they work easy? Is the color consistent, or do any of them streak? Do you have any photos of beads made with these colors?

I am not the first person in this forums to ask questions about certain colors. I am also not the first person that would like to see what they look like before I buy them. Why do I ask about these?? Because I have never seen photos of them made into beads. At least not that I am aware of.
Old 2014-08-10, 1:55am
one day at a time

I got a rod of each of the four Uroboros yellows to try out, and just like I assumed, Jamey Lynn from Howaco Glass told me they have distinctive differences from each other.

This is going to be fun! I'll post my findings.
Old 2014-08-10, 2:29am
Slogan Challenged...

That would be interesting, Lisi (Lisa?). I haven't heard a lot about Uroboros at all, as you mentioned. Sorry I couldn't help, I'm barely there on the 104's but I really like hearing about the experiences of others.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2014-08-10, 7:23pm

I have some Uro 96 yellow. It's unlabeled as to the color, but I would be glad to send a packet if you want to just pay me back for postage from NC.

Barbara