No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2015-11-19, 3:51pm

Lightbulb INSPIRATIONS, 105 Colour Combinations by Magma Beads

I'm very excited to announce the release of my new eBook

INSPIRATIONS

In my experience one of the biggest challenges is selecting the right colours for a particular design.

This eBook contains a collection of pictures of sets I have created over the years, each picture is accompanied with all the glass brand names and codes I used for that specific set.

- 105 different colour combinations on 67 pages.
- Glass brands and codes for each set

For now it is available in my Etsy store as a PDF file and it will be available on my website later today, here is the link:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MagmaBeads?ref=pr_shop%2F

Thank you for looking

Régis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Magma Beads .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Magma; 2015-11-19 at 6:54pm.
Old 2015-11-19, 5:52pm

Unhappy

Hi Regis,

Your beads are absolutely beautiful and I've bought your two previous tutorials which at $25 each was a fair price. I just checked out your new e-book with the 105 different bead color combinations and was disappointed that it was $45 which seemed to me to be very expensive since it doesn't even contain a tutorial for new techniques. It doesn't even state how many pages are contained in the e-book. Hope you publish some more techniques for your gorgeous beads and that they are priced at an affordable $25 each. Thank you for sharing your beautiful beads with us at LE.
Lydia
Old 2015-11-19, 7:06pm

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for the feedback. The price is a little higher as it is a big collection of all the glass i used in some of my favorite sets of beads. I have been cataloging which glass works together to get the best results since i started making beads.
I feel that finding the right colours to use in a design is one of the hardest things.

So this is more than just a single technique but a collection of some of my colours and these combos can be applied to anyone's style of beads.

I look forward to creating more technique tutorials in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-11-20, 8:49am

This looks amazing. Thanks for making your colour combos available. I can't imagine the hours it took to create with and document 105 combos. I will be picking this tut up in the near future.

Karen Sagar Art Glass

ripzzl

Last edited by volkanokaren; 2015-11-20 at 11:43pm. Reason: missed word
Old 2015-11-20, 11:07am

Christmas is coming and this just shot to the top of my wish list!

I find it challenging to find colors that work well together - this looks like it would be worth every penny to me.
Old 2015-11-20, 10:20pm

Thank you Karen & Patty

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-11-21, 5:37am
Jacqueline Parkes

Creating a color inspiration book is an incredible amount of work. I have purchased his new tutorial and I absolutely love it! With just one color combo as inspiration, you could make back the price of the tutorial quickly and have color inspirations for a very long time. My mind is buzzing with ideas!

Thank you Regis

Old 2015-11-21, 1:57pm

You should advertise at FB lampworking tutorials group!
Old 2015-11-21, 4:22pm

Thank you so much Jacqueline

I will have a look Pat, thanks.

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-11-22, 9:37am
Fried Cat

Hey Regis...

It may be me. Might be Etsy. I can't download it on my iPhone?

No worries, I'm not at my torch today. It looks awesome though! Even if I don't use it the same exact way, It's such a great tool to use and compare melted and annealed glass.
Old 2015-11-22, 1:06pm

I've sent you a message SGA

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-11-22, 1:11pm

I told my dh I need this inspiration. He said Merry Christmas!
I will need to put on sub stick and take to Staples. My printer sucks ink.
Old 2015-11-22, 4:03pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
I've sent you a message SGA
Received, replied.

I am pretty certain it's because it's a zip file download. But it's a big file and makes perfect sense why it's not straight pdf. Not everybody is on unlimited data.

I think I've become spoiled. Ten years ago I'd have never dreamed I could download certain things on to my phone. We relied on our desktop much more than we do today. So it was a little bit of what in the world?!? at first.

No worries. Truly. Not complaining in any way. It wouldn't have stopped me from buying it. And you state very clearly it's a zip file AFTER I re-read the description. So, mostly this is me leaving a heads up for others, it's a zipped file. Nearly 20mb. Expect to have to download this on something other than an apple I-device.
Old 2015-11-22, 6:40pm

I bought this lovely tutorial, and it is certainly worth the money to me, as I find color to be perhaps the most challenging element of glasswork. Most tutorials show technique, not color, so this tut stands out. It's beautifully photographed and clearly much time was spent on layout and proofreading. Thank you!
Old 2015-11-22, 8:55pm
Fried Cat

Regis, I'm home. It's all good, I was able to easily grab it off my desktop and...

I LOVE IT!!!

I have jokingly agonized over my aunt's love of Sara Sally Lagrand style brooches. She wants them in her university colors and she frequently gives them as gifts. There is only so much variation of red and blue. And I'd like to take the brooches and zoom out into some ideas of my own, but it is a limiting palette and I strive not to make it look Americana, I want it to look University Colors. I know there are other ideas out there. But it's been difficult.

#63 is perfect. Love it. Sends me in a whole new direction.
#45 also.
#59...

I see several which can be described as red, or blue, but they might have some other color. And that opposite color makes everything pop(!) but doesn't take away the primary "feel".

It's a fantastic tool. And exactly what I had hoped it would be. I'm excited and inspired now. Well worth the $45.
Old 2015-11-23, 11:52am
Jacqueline Parkes

I sold my first bead this morning inspired from one of your recipes. So now the tutorial is paid for.
Thank you for sharing with us Regis.

Old 2015-11-23, 2:28pm

Thank you all so much for the comments, i'm so happy to hear you like it

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-11-23, 3:49pm

I can't wait to get this recipe book. I love all your beads.😊
Old 2015-11-23, 8:31pm

My dh took the tut on a stick to Staples and had it printed into a bound book. The eye candy alone was worth it. 😀
Old 2015-12-02, 2:10pm
Obsessionwoman

because I am challenged I didn't know how to download it...should I have picked the zip option?.....I can't wait to see it on paper in my hot hands...LOL Lenora