LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-13, 5:31pm

Default Lime Green???

I just used a rod that I received as a gift...it wasn't tagged so I don't know what it is...but I love it!!! It's a 104 COE and I can only describe it as lime green with a core. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-13, 5:37pm
Back to 👊 1

Can you post a pic.?

Don't make me cranky, I WILL "chuck a tanty!" a la PerfectDeb

Old 2009-03-13, 5:39pm

I was resisting, but I know I have to do that....I'm going to take a quick pix now!

Old 2009-03-13, 6:07pm

Default pix

Here is the bead I made and what's rest of the rod:

Thanks!

Old 2009-03-13, 6:25pm
It's all about the color.

Could be one of the Effetre Cool Colors called Kiwi
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit/cool1.jpg

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2009-03-13, 6:30pm

Boy, you're a life saver tonight! Thanks, I'll check that out!

Old 2009-03-13, 6:32pm

Hmmm, I just checked Kiwi on Frantz....doesn't look right. No worries, my search continues! : - )

Old 2009-03-13, 6:34pm
Capp'in Fool

maybe parrot green

Old 2009-03-13, 6:42pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

I think it's Parrot green too. Which is a shame 'cause it was an odd lot and I don't think there's a ton of it left around. But some people don't like it so you might get lucky.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-03-13, 6:49pm

Thanks, I'll post in the Garage!

Old 2009-03-14, 4:29pm

It's parrot green (also known as Key Lime Green) The first version was parrot green and then when Kiwi came out it was pretty much the same...Then the batches changed and the Kiwi came into a more of a lt lime green with a dark core. I do have some of the original parrot green so pm if you want me to send a picture to make sure it's the right stuff!

Last edited by Reenie; 2009-03-14 at 4:30pm. Reason: edited to say Key Lime Green and NOT Kiwi!
Old 2009-03-14, 4:30pm

OOps typo...it's NOT kiwi but Key Lime Green by Vetrofond...
Sorry about that. I had Kiwi stuck on the brain!

Old 2009-03-14, 4:33pm

oooooo, I gotta check that out cause Kiwi definitely doesn't look right...thanks!

Old 2009-03-14, 4:36pm

I love that bead!!!!!! Never seen anyone use such a bright color with the copper technique but it works! It works well!!!

Old 2009-03-14, 4:45pm

Oh my gosh....thanks for the compliment! My Chaos beads are improving...not great yet, but I'm working on it. I'm obsessed...I attempt at least one of those every time I torch!

Actually...about the color, Anouk made one with a similar color....total coincidence, but if I were going to copy someone...it would be her....OMG, her chaos beads are A-freakin' mazing!!!!!

Last edited by Rudy; 2009-03-14 at 4:50pm.
Old 2009-03-14, 8:15pm
Yeah me!

Wow! That color is gorgeous! I had some kiwi but I didn't like it, I love that color though!

Old 2009-03-14, 8:28pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'd go with Parrot Green too.
Lime green with a core.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-03-14, 8:39pm
Life is change. Love it

Yup parrot green. I have quite a bit, I keep meaning to sell it, but then I use it for something and change my mind!