Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-10-19, 11:45am
I ate a big red candle!

Default How much inventory do you bring to a bead show?

For those of you that do bead shows regularly, how do you know how much inventory to bring to a show? Do you estimate how much of it will sell?

My show is in less than two weeks and it's my first one, so I'm just bringing as much as I can make and hoping for the best. Worst case scenario, I'll have an extremely full Etsy and Ebay shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2011-10-19, 12:07pm

As much as you can

Old 2011-10-19, 12:32pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

The more you have, the more you can sell.

If you think your table looks too cluttered, you can always hold back some of your inventory and keep it under the table, and replace things as they sell.
Old 2011-10-20, 9:19pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I don't estimate on how much will sell. Every show is different. I usually have an 8' table and bring 10-12 bead trays. Most of my trays have 24 compartments and I put small sets of beads in them. Usually sets are 3-5 beads. Sometimes I'll put more than one set in these compartments. I also have a tray that I load focals on sometimes. It has 36 compartments.

Ebay:
Old 2011-10-20, 11:00pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Bring everything you can, you can keep extras in trays under the table and pull em out if needed.

And the last few years people have been doing more 'gallery strolling' at shows than buying - discretionary income is in the tank, and sales have gotten really slow. But they're really interested in the lower priced stuff, so bring it if you have it.

BRING YOUR WONKIES!
Haul along your wonky experimental 'I don't like this' stuff and put them in $5 and $15 bowls for customers to dig thru. Customers love $5 and $15 bowls, and will think a bead you woudn't give away is a great beautiful treasure.

Customers jump all over $15 beads, but I've NEVER sold a $10 bead. If I raise the $10 up to $15, it sells. Weird. So I don't do $10 bead bowls anymore.

Sometimes I can make table expense just from the $5 bowls, and can't sell a single 'looks like Sharon' bead at the entire show. You can't anticipate sales, ever. Just go with the flow and enjoy the show - it's all great advertising exposure.

hope some of this helps? *me*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Last edited by SharonP; 2011-10-20 at 11:03pm.
Old 2011-10-21, 10:40am
I ate a big red candle!

THanks everyone for your responses. I'm bringing everything I can, but in this last week before the show Ill try to squeeze out more inexpensive goodies.

Wish me luck. It's my first and I'm nervous

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2011-10-22, 5:00pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Good luck, hope you have a super fabulous show!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...