Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-07-20, 6:20pm

Default Critique my new Etsy store

Good Day!

I have been a member of this forum for several months and finally decided to open an etsy store. I am selling a new line (different from my past endeavors) to attract new sales.

Please check out my store at: http://sayitwithlove.etsy.com and let me know what you think. I appreciate your feedback.

Also, if you have any great selling tips, I am all ears.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-20, 8:01pm
Critter Mom

Hello ... I took a look at your Etsy store. I like it very much. Your photos are nicely done and the descriptions are short and to the point. The only thing I don't care for is that what you see isn't what you get. I like to know that I'm looking at a photo of the piece I'm paying for, that way there's no reason to complain later. I don't want to see something "similar" to what I'll get in the mail...maybe it's just me.

Old 2009-07-20, 9:54pm

Hi Audrey, Your Etsy store is beautiful! Your products are unique and your photographs are nicely done. This is the sort of thing I'm always looking for when I do a Treasury, something unique with a beautiful photograph.

I have just one suggestion and it's just a matter of personal opinion. Why not go ahead and make the pieces in advance and list the actual piece? That way you can ship immediately. People love that instant gratification, and since you have your designs already worked out I'd suggest keeping an inventory that people can buy and you can ship the next day.

Aside from that I think your store is a real winner and I wouldn't be surprised to see your designs in some Treasuries soon.

Great job!

Old 2009-07-20, 10:55pm

That's Bonnie and Diane for the feedback.

Before opening the shop I had to duplicate three of the designs because a friend(s) wanted to purchase them. We designed the pieces to make that possible. Any designs with a lampwork bead or goddess will be sold directly because the beads are one-of-a-kind. I will definitely consider what you are saying.

Thanks, Audrey

Old 2009-07-20, 10:55pm
make beads not war

I actually don't have a problem with the lead time. I've seen it alot around Etsy and the seller still has great sales. I've ordered from a few vendors that have had that kind of lead time.

If you are going to stick to that route, I would clearly state it instead of just keeping it in the description. Make it a part of your shop announcement. Something like "Because of the custom nature of the jewelry, please allow 7-14 days for delivery. Or title each piece CUSTOM: Name of Jewelry. Also, you can put in your Shop Policies.
Old 2009-07-21, 9:21pm

I just changed the lead time 3 to 5 days which is much improved and I put that information in the shop announcement section as well. Thanks again for your comments.