Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-04-18, 1:30pm
Missing presumed fed

Default 10 LPM concentrator -- AirSep Intensity, Integra, Regalia, other?

One of my 5 LPM AirSeps is apparently circling the drain, so I'm likely to be in the market for a replacement. I'm thinking about moving up to a 10 LPM machine.

I've read up on the Regalia and on the Integra 10, which I gather is quite similar. I'm seeing listings for other 10 LPM machines, though, and would appreciate input on other models I might want to look at. The AirSep Intensity 10 seems intriguing; is the extra pressure actually useful? Is there any possibility it could be detrimental, for our purposes?

I'm running a Lynx (although I have Scorpion envy). I do mostly fairly large soft glass beads, with occasional small boro. If I go with a 10 LPM machine, I'm not planning to Y-connect it with my functioning 5 LPM concentrator, at least not on a regular basis.

Please note that I am not interested in Unlimited Oxygen units. I have read up on them and have had the opportunity to try some, and they're not what I want at this time. I also can't afford the wait, since my existing set up is about to join the Choir Invisible. Sorry, I don't want to debate the advantages/disadvantages of UO here. Please be polite and respect my decision.

Thanks much!
Old 2013-04-18, 4:24pm
Against the Grain

I have the Integra and have been very happy with it. It's low maintenance, reliable, and does the job. I've only used it with a mini CC and it has worked well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-18, 6:47pm
Missing presumed fed

Thanks, Lynn!
Old 2013-04-22, 3:11pm

I've had an 8lpm 20psi Airsep Integra for five years, used it with a Minor, a Cricket and a Scorpion. It's brilliant with all those torches and I love it with the Scorpion. Plenty of firepower, I've done boro without any problems - nothing more than large bead size though.

It hasn't missed a beat, even after long breaks (months) between use.

Prior to the Integra I had an OG20 and before that a 5lpm Devilbiss.
Old 2013-04-23, 4:45am
Missing presumed fed

I ended up ordering the AirSep Intensity 10. Won't get it for a couple of weeks, though, and of course I want it yesterday. Hope I like it!

And I also snagged a barely-used Scorpion on eBay, so I can make do with the Cricket center fire and my surviving 5lpm concentrator until the Intensity gets here. Yay, new toys!
Old 2013-04-23, 6:03am
Mad about Glass

You will love the Airsep, and the Scorpion. My scorpion runs fantastically on the 8lpm 20 psi Airsep Intensity so 10lpm will be even better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

Old 2013-04-23, 11:59pm

Wise choice

I'm sure you'll love the combo! You might be surprised with the Scorpion, you may be able to run the outer fire on your 5lpm.

Tags
10lpm, airsep, concentrator, integra, intensity, regalia