Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-01-22, 5:58pm
needs to light the torch.

Default Red Roof Tile... is this the original???

Does anyone know???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

*edit* or at least closer to the original color?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WhiskerWood; 2006-01-22 at 6:03pm.
Old 2006-01-22, 6:14pm
sunscreen me baby

I have 3 version of the red roof tile. The first one Kimberly described, the really brick red version and then the one Deonne at Galaxy Glass described as the ochre version. The ochre one is very close to the original but still not the same. The one in that picture does not look like the original. It looks like the brick red version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Old 2006-01-22, 6:15pm
sunscreen me baby

nevermind, I can't really tell from the picture for sure. Could it be yet a fourth version?

~

Old 2006-01-22, 6:17pm
needs to light the torch.

LOL... maybe this is the up and coming competitor with coral on how many variations there are...

Old 2006-01-22, 6:31pm
Entropy increasing....

The red tile that I just bought at Frantz a week ago is pretty much a terracotta color.
Old 2006-01-22, 8:37pm

I wish I could get my hands on the orginal. The new stuff is just red, no blush, no yellow, just brick red. It is nice, but not as cool as the first stuff.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-01-24, 5:53pm

Default Red Roof Who?

Yes, our first batch of 440 Red Roof Tile looks nothing like the latest batch of Red Roof Tile (RTT). The first batch was the ochre color with streaks of this reddish color going through it, very nice! The second time we had RRT it was more of the color of what a roof in Italy looks like. Our second shipment consisted of maybe 3 or 4 seperate production runs of RRT. One of the production runs looked like the ochre RRT, but after putting it into a torch it did not come out the same as the first ochre RRT, but it was nothing like normal RRT. There was not much of the second ochre RRT, and most of it is headed to Tucson for the Best Bead Show. It is possible that the next time they produce RRT, it might be like the first ochre RRT, we will just have to wait and see. I have about half a pound of the original ochre RRT and will take some of it back to Italy for a sample for them to look at...never know what can come next from the factory!

Thanks

Mike Frantz