Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-10-23, 1:17pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Default I'd like to purchase a "photo box"...any suggestions?

I'm revamping my whole photo-taking process and would very much like to buy one of the photo boxes that they have out there....

Do any of you have a purchased photo box? If so, can you tell me about it? The who, where, what, when, and how of it...

Thanks very much!!!~
Lynn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2006-10-23, 2:16pm
Missing presumed fed

Here's an ultra-cheap version of an EZ-Cube. I haven't used it much and am just now getting lights to use with it, so I can't really give you an evaluation of how well it works. I got the link to the seller from someone here -- Shawnette, maybe? -- so maybe she can give you an impression of how she likes it.

I think the auction text says the backgrounds that come with it are velvet. The ones that came are a polyester crepe, not velvet. They're OK. What do you expect for $9.95? They come with little stick-on velcro discs to hold them up in the corners of the light box.

Photo light box on ebay

I've ordered the compact fluorescent spiral daylight balanced bulbs to use in basic clamp-on metal work lights. The bulbs just arrived today -- haven't opened the box yet.

Last edited by Emily; 2006-10-23 at 2:18pm.
Old 2006-10-23, 7:10pm
I fart diamonds

It's an awesome buy:

Works great and it's super affordable. I use 100 watt Reveal bulbs.

Old 2006-10-23, 9:40pm

Check out www.creativepro.com there is alot of optional pointers on that site that helps so you would not need to buy one of these I have not tryed it yet but I am going to soon. Has anyone used any of the ideas that they suggest they sound like they are great. I also had a friend who used a laundry hamper as a photo box it is exactly like some of them that they sell
Lori
Old 2006-10-24, 6:07am

Lori -- I am very happy with my Bead Photography Kit from TableTop (http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/bephkit.html). I especially like the lights. They are very good quality.

For more ideas on light boxes, see also: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30341
and
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29829

If you'd like more advice, come hang out in the Dark Room forum: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

JanMD
Old 2006-10-24, 6:11am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy
Check out www.creativepro.com there is alot of optional pointers on that site that helps so you would not need to buy one of these
Lori
Where!? Can't find any links that say photography tips/how to/help/lessons.

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-10-24, 6:45am
ManBearPig

I made my own. Cost me about $20 including the lights.

Old 2006-10-24, 6:52am

Try this: http://www.creativepro.com/story/howto/19002-1.html

Jan
Old 2006-10-24, 6:56am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

If you want a real cheap and easy solution, check this out:

I got one of these and it works like a charm!
Old 2006-10-24, 12:54pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Thanks soooo much for the direct link Jan! I've read it, I LOVE it, I UNDERSTAND IT, and like Sponge Bob says, "I'm ready, oh yes, I'm ready!"

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-10-24, 7:26pm

Glad to help, Mona. There are some other items here: http://sgb-midatlantic.org/how-tos.h...20Your%20Beads

Jan
Old 2006-10-24, 10:55pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

WOWOWOWOWOW! Thanks!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-10-24, 11:41pm

Sorry Mona I am not to good at links I just looked at what the website said in my favorites Thanks Jan
Lori
Old 2006-10-26, 12:43am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Hey Lori, no harm; you ARE the one who started me on the journey!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-10-26, 12:57am
Entropy increasing....

Here's what I'm thinking.

You know those hanging lamps from the 7o's and 80's that are shaped like a ball cut in half. The light bulb goes through the middle and they hung on a chain over your kitchen or dining room table. Some were made of white transluscent glass?

I'm looking for one at Habitat for Humanity next time I go. Put the bead on a table, put the lamp shade over it with the lights on both sides and the camera on the top facing down. The shade is glass so it can hold the camera up like a tripod to keep it steady. It aims right down ontop of the bead.

Like this one, but with plane white glass. Something I have seen a zillion times at Goodwill, but now that I want one I won't be able to find one.

Old 2006-10-26, 5:13am

Kinda like . . . .this! ----> http://www.clouddome.com/specs/prodShot_cdk01.html

If anyone wants to buy my Cloud Dome kit, it is for sale. (I'm selling the Pro Gold 35 MM Kit for $175, barely used.)

JanMD
Old 2006-10-26, 5:39am
Entropy increasing....

Like that, yes. However, mine will cost me about $5. lol
Old 2006-10-26, 6:30am

Durn! (chuckle)

Jan
Old 2006-10-26, 7:06am
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMD
Lori -- I am very happy with my Bead Photography Kit from TableTop (http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/bephkit.html). I especially like the lights. They are very good quality.

For more ideas on light boxes, see also: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30341
and

If you'd like more advice, come hang out in the Dark Room forum: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

JanMD
i would love to see some pics that you took of glass beads or pendants using your set up!

Old 2006-11-05, 8:25am
I poop flowers.

If you get the one Emily suggested, I have a tip for you: be CAREFUL when opening it!!! I swear mine almost took my nose clean off, lol!
Old 2006-11-05, 8:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh
i would love to see some pics that you took of glass beads or pendants using your set up!
Yikes!! Pressure! (chuckle)

I need to rejuvenate my website, if I can find the time. And then I'll load up some new shots there. I was happy with the pix that I took for my Bead Review submission. (Every time I use that great new camera, I learn something new. Great toy!!)

Jan
Old 2006-11-05, 5:05pm
Missing presumed fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Something I have seen a zillion times at Goodwill, but now that I want one I won't be able to find one.
Exactly. I gave away a standing lamp that had a globe like that. I haven't tried Goodwill, but I've tried Home Depot and Lowe's, and no luck finding anything translucent white with a simple shape. Things like that used to exist -- I'm sure I had to replace the globe on the standing lamp at least once before I ultimately junked it -- where are they now?
Old 2006-11-29, 11:21am

what about a large Tupperware type of bowl? Thats what I use. I cut a hole in the bottom with a drill bit that is called a 'hole saw'?

and also ......