LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-03-02, 8:24pm

Default Ok, just one more Pinterest question.

I see stuff on Pinterest that is for sale. The picture has a band in the upper left corner with the price. How is this done and is it something that is ok to do? I feel like Pinterest is kind of a place you can go to see awesome websites, not necessarily to sell.

Just curious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-02, 8:45pm
Sheila Davis Designs

If you Pin it from your Etsy, the price automatically comes across the top. If you don't want the price across th picture, just delete it from the description and it will remove it. I never thought of Pinterest as a place to sell, but I sold a pair of earrings right after I started my boards!

Old 2012-03-02, 8:46pm

Ohhh...I see. Thank you Sheila. Yeah, I never really thought of it as a selling venue. I wonder if you pin from Ebay if it does the same thing. I guess I'll go and try it.

Old 2012-03-02, 9:43pm
da General

This is from Pinterest:

Avoid Self Promotion
Pinterest is designed to curate and share things you love. If there is a photo or project you’re proud of, pin away! However, try not to use Pinterest purely as a tool for self-promotion.

http://pinterest.com/about/etiquette/

I sure hope it won't turn into a marketing and selling venue!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-03-02, 10:41pm

Me too Hayley. There are more and more items for sale there. I do post pictures of my beads, but I don't mention that they are for sale. Some of them aren't actually. If I list a bead on Ebay, I'll post one picture on Pinterest from my computer.

Old 2012-03-02, 11:05pm
da General

I actually unfollow specific boards if they are actually for self promotion (e.g., my beads) and the posters pin their work frequently. I actually prefer not to see that many beads on Pinterest for that's all I see on facebook! lol!

Having said that, I don't mind a few every so often and surely don't mind seeing any of yours, Cyn!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-03-03, 6:55am

I like seeing ones beads posted on pinterest. I have learned not to pin, like or repin anything. Just click to see if the website shows. Especially art, that is a no no. I know beads are an art, too.
Old 2012-03-03, 7:02am
Peerless Thread Killer

I ignore anything with a price. For me, Pinterest is something to look at with some amazing/funny/beautiful things and ideas. Not a shopping mall. Just my opinion.

Old 2012-03-04, 6:50pm

Sometimes I post gadgets I find, furniture that I like, books from Amazon, I will post the price if given. Sometimes I see things others posts with prices (not something they're selling) with the price and it makes me more interested in the object.

To add a price tag you just need to add it to your description using the dollar symbol for it show up on the picture.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell