Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-01-09, 3:43am
Nah, not really...;)

Default Boro work for January 2007

This is what I've been doing. I'm still lovin' my 'Kaleidoscope' or 'Mosaic' styles, I can't stop!

What about you??? Let's see some eye candy!

KaleiDrums

RuggedRings

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-01-09, 4:36am

Gorgeous Carrie
I love the colors you are getting!

Old 2007-01-09, 4:47am
lov'in life!!!

I *bow* before the color queen! You totally rock the boro color spectrum girl

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-01-09, 4:54am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

lovely breathtaking beautifull stunning once again, you always amaze me!

Nothing for me, I fell down the steps last night and bruised my ribs...I can't even breathe properly so I'll just have to enjoy all the eye candy for now

Old 2007-01-09, 4:57am
traumaqueen

carry your website isn't working

Old 2007-01-09, 3:26pm

Carrie I really love your colors and your style! They're beautiful.
Old 2007-01-09, 3:38pm
traumaqueen

ha so far I am the high bidder on one of your babies... but not for long I think

Old 2007-01-09, 4:40pm
Hummel factory reject

Carrie, gotta wear shades for those beauties! Here are some adornments for the upcoming cardiac celebratory season Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2007-06-13 at 8:57pm.
Old 2007-01-09, 4:52pm
Skeptical Optimist

Interesting way to put V-Day (used to be venereal)...

Carrie just beautiful, an inspiration to us aspiring borothusiasts!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-01-09, 5:22pm
Nah, not really...;)

Wow, thank you all for your kind comments!

Lori, you always ROCK the Boro, always.

Old 2007-01-09, 6:02pm
mystical cat lover 56

Talking

beautiful !
Old 2007-01-09, 7:27pm
HourGlass Studio

Carrie those are stunning.....as usual.

What rod colors are you using ????? I am such a newbie that I am lost when it comes to figuring out what colors people use. LOL. Hope that was okay to ask ???

Last edited by Laurie L; 2007-01-09 at 8:11pm.
Old 2007-01-09, 9:10pm
Dangerous Woman

I love them! The colors are just so gorgous!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-01-10, 4:32am
Nah, not really...;)

Wow, thank you all sooo much for all the wonderful comments, I am grateful for them.
One of the reasons I LOVE this Boro Room is because of all the support I've felt over the past year. Gosh, has it been that long?! I have been working Boro for almost a year, WOW!

I am such a newbie, that I don't feel adequate in answering many questions or offering advice, because I really don't know much. I just know how I do what I do, well some of the time, LOL, whether it's "right or wrong".

Anyhoo, the colors I use vary. I have my favorites which are mostly reactive colors: Blue Lightning, SS5 & SS3, Blue Moon, any of the Amber Purples, Silver Creek, Pomegranite/Elvis and Yellow or Warm Yellow, Almond Nugget, Caribbean Coral, Turquesa, Triple Passion, Aurora, Magic Mirror, Alaska Night, Silver Aqua, Amazon Bronze, Loch Ness, opaque Spring Luster, and on and on. I love lots of frits too, any and all.
And as LAG, Kay, once said: "Clear is a girl's best friend" and she is right.

There are sooo many colors and combos, that I usually don't use just 'straight color'. I mix colors or make twisty's for different effects. One of the most invaluable resources, besides this room, was "The Cookbook of Borosilicate Recipes". I would make it a priority for any 'newbie' to get this pamphlet. It tells exactly what to use, how to work it, and it also have a color photo to show how it can look...priceless IMO.

The things I've learned how to do all came from experimenting. I've made A LOT of crappy beads, IMO, and then something just clicks and I am happy w/ it and then I expand on it. After playing w/ all the colors so much, I finally learned what to kinda expect from certain colors and then I could mix and match to try and achieve some sort of results. If someone, like Smiley, had told me all of his color combos, I would've been robbed of all the joy and excitement of feeling like I had discovered something unique, once again...priceless.

Old 2007-01-10, 5:17am
boro color bender

Great advise Carrie. Once you figure out how to work a group of reactive colors that play well together, you all can just run with it. I'm putting together another batch of great colors into a sample pack and should have it listed today in the garage sale. Boro is such fun stuff, I really enjoy helping folks figure it out. Carrie, you are an inspiration to many. Only a year and you're rocking it girl!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-01-10, 12:21pm

Absolutely Carrie Brent is right, you ROCK the boro world girl!!!

(when I had asked you to give me some insight, I hope you don't think that I was asking your color combos or your secrets, I would never do that).

Jen

Old 2007-01-10, 12:27pm

Egads, beauties my friend... REAL BEAUTIES!

and kiko I just LOVE your explanation of Valentines Day.
Simply hysterical.

Jo
Old 2007-01-10, 12:41pm
Nah, not really...;)

I feel like I need to put a disclaimer in this thread.
My post was not directed at Laurie, and neither is this one, not at all. I just got off on a tangent, so to speak.

I've gotten quite a few questions/comments lately, for that I am truly grateful, but it just feels weird. The combos I use are not all that 'unique' or 'special' and neither am I for that matter. I don't want to share a certain combo. Does that make me a bitch or a bad person?

There are quite a few 'experts' that frequent this room that are more than willing to share most of what they know...I admire and respect that.

Old 2007-01-10, 12:43pm
Nah, not really...;)

Nope, Jen, not directed at you, just a general ranting, I'm sorry.

Maybe I just need to keep my mouth shut...that seems to work best.

Old 2007-01-10, 1:27pm
HourGlass Studio

Carrie...I feel just awful for asking what color that was....I certainly didnt want you to feel "weird" or obligated to answer. I certainly dont think you are a bad person either for not wanting to give out your combo....I really admire your colors and I can tell by your many posts here that you are a really cool person. And - yes- your beads rock !!!

And I hope you do feel that your beads are unique and special...because they are. I get such a thrill coming to the boro room and seeing all this amazing talent and color that blows your socks off.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2007-01-10 at 1:29pm.
Old 2007-01-10, 1:39pm

No no Carrie, I didn't mean it like that silly. I just wanted to be sure that you didn't think that.

And NO you shouldn't keep your mouth shut. What you say is very useful, inspirational and true! So thank you

Keep up the amazing work sweetie

Jen

Old 2007-01-10, 1:59pm
ManBearPig

Here are a few from me. Sorry about the bad photos. I'm taking photos at our new store and don't have my lights and tent here...

Old 2007-01-10, 6:51pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Wow Cosmo, you rock! Those pendants are to die for.

Jerri
Old 2007-01-10, 7:14pm
Hummel factory reject

Cosmo, I am drawn into the vortex of your marble prowess! Posting another cardiac adornment here as I don't want to be floundering around on page 5 of the "Big" thread in the main gallery. My ego won't allow it! Isn't our little boro room cozy? A guarantee'd awwwh aint that purdy!!! Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2007-06-13 at 8:57pm.
Old 2007-01-10, 7:38pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellrejer View Post
Wow Cosmo, you rock! Those pendants are to die for.

Jerri
Thanks. I usually don't decorate the backs, but those are decorated. I'll see if I can get photos of the back of them...

Old 2007-01-11, 2:50am
Nah, not really...;)

Yepperz Cosmo, I am liking those pendants and all the sparkle! Nice job.
(of course you're marbles are too, but the sparkle got me)

Lori, you are TOO funny! I really like you take on the "cardiac adornment".

Old 2007-01-11, 4:24am
boro color bender

This room is like a little slice of boro heaven. Great work everybody!

Here's a few things I'm working on. yeah, the pics suck... camera is giving me fits.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-01-11, 7:51am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Brent, beautiful. The drop pendant is a keeper.
Lori, that heart has my name on it.

Jerri
Old 2007-01-11, 11:00am
boro color bender

Old 2007-01-11, 11:11am

Mmmmmmm.... nice!