Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-03-14, 7:19pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default Fujifilm HD2000 /or hd2100

anyone who has this camera, is there any special settings you use to take pics of jewelry? I got a new camera, and cant take a decent pic of jewelry to save my life....

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-03-14, 7:20pm
In search of her path....

i use the super macro mode ....thats the key for me. but I have the S2000HD
With the super macro on you can get super super close like 1-3cm away from the beads.
If you want to be farther away use regular macro. the regular macro is a flower the super
is a flower with a lil magnifing glass on top.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2010-03-14 at 7:22pm.
Old 2010-03-14, 8:47pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

crap, I dont think I have the magnifying glass with the flower...I did do the macro, and it was crap. hmmm, maybe macro with good light and tripod, did i mention Im shakey, lol Ill have to double check in the am, not sure where my camera is at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
i use the super macro mode ....thats the key for me. but I have the S2000HD
With the super macro on you can get super super close like 1-3cm away from the beads.
If you want to be farther away use regular macro. the regular macro is a flower the super
is a flower with a lil magnifing glass on top.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-03-14, 9:04pm
Cat Mom to Three

Hi Kelly,

I don't have this exact camera, but I do have a couple of other Fujis and I press the macro button twice to get to super macro. The flower with the magnifying glass will appear on your screen in the upper left corner to indicate you are in super macro mode.

Good lighting and a tripod will also make all the difference in the photos you take. That said, I've also taken nice macro shots outside with no tripod.

Hope this helps.

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
crap, I dont think I have the magnifying glass with the flower...I did do the macro, and it was crap. hmmm, maybe macro with good light and tripod, did i mention Im shakey, lol Ill have to double check in the am, not sure where my camera is at the moment...
Old 2010-03-15, 5:55am
Formerly Kellyhorton

thank you. I know this is a great camera, its just new, and im not a great photographer to begin with, that is why i chose this camera, for all the automated settings.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK