Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-03-17, 10:57am
Damn Yankee!

Carol, you did a great job! I think I like the orange one the best and you will find it much easier with the hole going the other way the next time you try.

Samantha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-17, 11:01am

Thanks, Samantha, I can't wait to try again. I'm sure everything will be easier then with the holes on top and bottom, LOL!!!
Old 2008-03-17, 11:11am

Samantha, the orange one was the first one I did. It kept wanting to collapse but I saved the little thing. I was going to try to make it look like a firefish but maybe some other time!
Old 2008-03-17, 11:15am
Damn Yankee!

I am not sure how you would string it with the holes that way, but I think it's wonderful you did your own thing! My first ones were no where near as nice as the ones posted...trust me. If I had pics I would post them..but I don't (thank god!)

Samantha

Old 2008-03-17, 12:43pm
Formerly Fancypants

How cute, they are soo sweet.

Old 2008-03-17, 6:26pm
Bead Imp

Carol, I think they are adorable! I have 2 that didn't come out just like I wanted them, so they are now little ornaments in my real fish aquarium. One didn't stand up on it's fins, and the other I burned the clear I'd put over the white flowers. They look wonderful in the fish tank though! When I first put them in there my other fish were checking them out, lol. Here's another one I did.

Old 2008-03-17, 9:38pm

Thank you Samantha, Diane and Vicki . I don't think I'll be stringing them, I suppose I'll just get me a couple of goldfish and put them in a fishbowl. I'm wondering how you make sure you don't have any bead release left inside that might kill the poor little goldfish?
Vicki I love your fishies, don't you just love making them?
Except..........I just tried to make another one and it went all lopsided on me. I tried to save it but it was eventually hopeless so it went into my torch water. sssssssss.
I'm having a cup of coffee and then I'm going to try again!
Old 2008-03-19, 4:20am

Samantha, thanks a lot for this video, it is a great tutorial!

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2008-03-19, 7:52am
JulieV

Samantha, fantastic video!
AND your [engagement??] ring is gorgeous too.

Old 2008-03-19, 8:55am
Damn Yankee!

Thanks...and its my engagement ring and wedding band = )

Samantha

Old 2008-03-21, 7:01pm

Samantha thank you so much for making all these videos and sharing you tips with us. I really appreciate all the time you have taken to do them. I loved watching each one of them and if I could I would be torching right now.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2008-03-21, 7:09pm
Damn Yankee!

You're welcome Patty, I hope you get to torch soon!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-22, 9:40am
JulieV

Here's my first couple of tries using your tutorial. Thank you for the great instructions.
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-22, 9:57am
Damn Yankee!

Julie, those are great, love the colors in the 2nd one!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-22, 10:04am
JulieV

Thank you! He's pretty bright! Strinking orange and Vetro 910 w/ black spots....

Old 2008-03-22, 8:28pm

Julie, I love your fishies, they are pretty and so much better than my first ones.
Old 2008-03-23, 7:56am

Default great tutorial Samantha

Hi Samantha:
Great tutorial, I am new to lampworking and because of the wonderful way you explained what you did I was able to make my first fish and I had a fun time doing it. I had a bit of problems with my pliers sticking to the glass, what do you do so they don't stick.
Thanks for your help
Bob Proulx
Old 2008-03-23, 8:12am
Damn Yankee!

Hey Bob! Hope you will show some pics!
As far as the plyers sticking, I dont have that problem. You should be squeezing quickly and releasing. But you can always try dipping the plyers in water after you squeeze to cool the plyers down so they wont stick.

Samantha

Old 2008-03-23, 1:47pm

Default Thanks Samantha

Thanks for the answer to my question. I will try to post a picture of my next one, Because it was Easter I had things to do and knew I did not have time to anneal properly but still wanted to make one knowing I could not finish it properly. I will try again and post the new one.
Thanks
Bob
Old 2008-03-23, 1:50pm
Damn Yankee!

Awesome Bob, cant wait to see!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-24, 11:39am

Default My school of fish

From left to right, front row are the boro fish, the latest fish I made and a goldfish and Hot Lips cuz her lips burnt, and in the back row are my Khaos fish, and my mom and baby fishies.
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-24, 1:58pm
Damn Yankee!

Wow Carol!! You did an awesome job!! My favorite is the orange one I think.

Samantha

Old 2008-03-24, 4:04pm

Samantha,
Thanks! They surely don't compare to yours, but I'm just happy you did the videos. It gets easier with each fishy.
Old 2008-03-25, 3:56am

Default Samantha what kind of glass are you using:

I am using Effetre and my clear fins are popping off even if I keep them heated. I ,went to the Efftre site and now realize there glass coe ranges from 104-113 for clears. This could be my problem.
thanks once again.
Bob Proulx
Old 2008-03-29, 9:28am
YOU MAKE MY HEART BEAD!

Default Fish Are Awesome

Dear BeaddesignsbyCarol,

Your fishy's are so beautiful. My oh My!!!

I am so impressed!!! I am also so impressed by SamanthaBeads being so unselfish to share her videos. Thank you SamanthaBeads!!!