No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-12-29, 1:42pm
Lover of all things color

Default The Flow is out!

Didn't know where to post this, just got my "Flow" magazine.

Wow!!! 150 women glass artist, Women in glass. We are very, very well represented here on LE. What a beautiful and inspiring spread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-29, 1:52pm

I confess- I have a blown chicken vessel in this issue!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-12-29, 5:17pm

Congrats Sue!!! And all the other women too!

Old 2008-12-29, 5:59pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I got mine today as well...lots of familiar faces (beads)...however, I felt there were a few obvious omisions.

Where were Tink, Nagi (Denise), and Pipyr?!?!?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-12-29, 6:00pm
Lover of all things color

I agree Jana, Sarah was missing also.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-29, 7:53pm

Is there a way to get one if you don't subscribe? Local bookstores are not carrying it, and the winter issue is not listed on The Flows site (as of yesterday). Anybody know?

Old 2008-12-29, 7:57pm
Cats & Glass!

You're only in if you submit so that probably explains it. I want to especially thank Denise Koyama and Sabina Boehm for letting me use their stunning marbles for my "Making Marbles Wearable" tut!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-12-29, 8:01pm
ID10T Problem Solver

...and what a fantastic tutorial it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle Zorko View Post
You're only in if you submit so that probably explains it. I want to especially thank Denise Koyama and Sabina Boehm for letting me use their stunning marbles for my "Making Marbles Wearable" tut!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-12-29, 8:15pm
Critter Mom

I love this issue, it's much better than last years special issue. Soooo many artists, just fabulous!!!

I don't know about this special issue, but the Eugene Glass School usually carries The Flow. You might also try contacting the editor at editor@theflowmagazine.com and see if you can buy one or start your subscription with this months issue.

Old 2008-12-29, 8:32pm
Cats & Glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
...and what a fantastic tutorial it was!
Thank you so much!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-12-29, 8:34pm
Formerly known as LT

Just got mine! I Love how many Tutorials are in this one! Oh and my frog babies got in!!!!!!!
Great work everyone!!!!!!

Old 2008-12-29, 9:09pm
Just Me!

Really great issue, so far...
I've only gotten through about half.
I've never been disappointed with their issues........Valerie
Old 2008-12-29, 9:24pm
burnin' glass just becuz

being in Canada, i guess it will be another week or so before i get mine....

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2008-12-30, 7:41am
ID10T Problem Solver

With the incredible representation of women in the community, as well as the inclusion of Kimberly Affleck's seahorse tutorial, I would anticipate this issue to sell out everywhere...if you find it, grab it now!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-12-30, 9:45am
da General

We are so honored to be in the same issue as some of you!!! Happy to see that our tutorial is printed in its entirety, unlike last issue when another one was only half of it was missing!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-12-30, 9:50am

Ohh but ladies... what am I to do? Living in Denmark, Europe I can´t buy ANYTHING from The States, or anywhere else outside of Europe, without beeing ripped of because of our tax laws.
I guess I just have to NOT read this thread, you have all made me want this magazine so bad with your comments.

Happy new year everyone.

R#115
Old 2008-12-30, 1:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinCoquille View Post
I love this issue, it's much better than last years special issue. Soooo many artists, just fabulous!!!

I don't know about this special issue, but the Eugene Glass School usually carries The Flow. You might also try contacting the editor at editor@theflowmagazine.com and see if you can buy one or start your subscription with this months issue.

Thank you!

Old 2008-12-30, 8:40pm

Janelle, I noticed your tut right away. WAY COOL.

I'm kicking myself for not submitting a picture. Next time....

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-12-31, 11:45am

Congrats to our LE people in this issue!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-12-31, 11:48am
I'm not Barbie.

I so want one, so how can I get one? They don't have the newest issue up on the website yet. Anyone know????? Please?????
Old 2008-12-31, 11:56am

I just check in the Web site of Frantz art glass and they have a picture of the issue
I don't received my copy Yet so I have to wait for it ...

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....image&pID=5062