Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-03-08, 6:13am

Default photoshop element 7 question

I'm trying out the new elements photoshop and it works great. I am trying to figure out how to make my picture smaller when I bring it up to the web. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob
Old 2009-03-08, 11:39am

Lovely pendant! I'd be interested in the answer as well! Right now I resize and add my name in with Irfanview-a free download. Kinda silly to use two programs to get the job done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-08, 7:40pm
Don't dis The Cheese

File
Save for Web

Then you can change a lot with the size and type of file it's saved as.

or

Resize

Hope this helps

It takes a lot more "faith" to believe that man did all of this all by himself than it does to believe that he had help.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
Old 2009-03-08, 8:48pm
HourGlass Studio

I do the irfanview to resize too then edit in photoshop elements 6 aswell. My problem is when you IMAGE> RESIZE and for Etsy you want 1000pixels wide...photoshop gives you that option plus a bunch of other stuff I dont understand. So I never know if I am doing the right thing. I just tried the save for web and it works perfectly.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2009-03-08 at 8:54pm.
Old 2009-03-09, 7:35am

Thanks every one I'll try the save for web.
Old 2009-03-09, 10:47am

Me too, thanks!

Old 2009-03-09, 2:52pm

Default Hi Kara

someone on another site gave me a good tip. In photoshop at the upper left hand corner under file you will see a bar that says aspect ratio you can click on it and choose a size you want. If you go to the right of that you can put in your own ratios sizes I am using 4" by 4" and to the right of that you will see resolution I put 96 in there and it works great. continue saving to the web, what that does is convert to jpeg. In that box you can change the lower the quality if it is still to large.
Hope that helps you like it helped me.
Bob
Old 2009-03-09, 8:24pm

Thanks Bob! It's the whole ratio thing that scared me into using Irfanview! Irfanview is one touch resizing and resampling. I make my Etsy shots 800x600 (whatever that means) and it works pretty well. I'll try your formula above over the weekend and see if I can handle it lol! Thanks again for the tip!