No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-13, 6:33am
Yorkies Rule

Default Psyche

I just bought some psyche. I must have had something in mind when I bought it but now I'm a blank page. Does anyone have any cool reactions and how to's with this glass....
Old 2009-05-13, 7:29am
Just Me

Psyche is my favorite silver glass!!! Try it with Dark Ivory, It is very nice. Also CIM Peace fumes to a beautiful butter yellow with it. It is also fantastic with any red glass..... Sorry I will see about getting some pics for you. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember it's already tomorrow in Australia!
Old 2009-05-13, 7:49am
Yorkies Rule

Thanx Darcy I'll try it. Also did I read somewhere that someone got a pink color when they reduced it?
Old 2009-05-13, 8:17am
Lampworkaholic!

It goes greenish-blueish when reduced, surpising since it is wine colored in the cane.

It is awesome on Opal Yellow. Very irridescent when reduced.

I always go light on reduction - less is more. You can always make a second or third pass through the reduction flame.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-05-13, 8:39am
Dichro Addict

Reduce it, then encase it. You have to keep it out of the flame when you are encasing it or it will lose it's reduction.

Old 2009-05-13, 9:19am
Storm Queen

This bead is a good example of the different colors you can get. All the dots are Psyche.

Old 2009-05-13, 9:27am
Rose colored glasses…√

Show off.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-05-13, 9:51am
da General

This is Opal Yellow core, Psyche and Aether Clear:

Name:  _MG_2113le.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  19.6 KB

For other Psyche (and other silver glass) info, try this link:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...90&postcount=7

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-05-13, 9:54am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Show off.

Old 2009-05-13, 10:42am

Depending on how you reduce it, you get all sorts of different colors: Silver, magenta, purple, yellow, gold, green, blue ... all oilslick colors.

Just have fun and experiment with the reducing ... mix of oxygene/propane, how hot/cold the bead is when you reduce it, how far up in the flame etc.

Old 2009-05-13, 11:10am
Likes to melt stuff...

Try a psyche base with an aion2 stringer and then reduce. It's fabulous! (I'd put a photo up, but for some reason I can't seem to upload photos to this site.)
Old 2009-05-13, 1:36pm
He can do the origami

Also try a base bead of black, use Psyche on top, you will not be able to see the Psyche if the bead cools a bit because it will be the same color as the black base bead, bring it up to a soft glowing heat and the two colors glow a different color, at that time, hit it in a reduction flame and there will be a BEAUTIFUL contrast between the black and the Psyche. I like to either dot or use thin stringer of Psyche on black and after I reduce it I will lay a thick stringer of clear over the Psyche, encasing it enhances the color.

Otter

Last edited by Otter's Flame; 2009-05-13 at 1:38pm.
Old 2009-05-13, 1:43pm
He can do the origami

My goodness Amy that is a GORGEOUS bead! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Otter
Old 2009-05-13, 2:02pm
Yorkies Rule

I love this place...thank you all for responding...Wow...all of these pictures beautiful!
Old 2009-05-13, 3:18pm
Midnight Torcher

Talking

Kristen,

It has been a while since I have focused on Psyche--so much new silver glass to play with these days. I have glass ADD! LOL!

But here is a bead I made in 2007 with Psyche and Vetro yellow ice odd. Shaped in a neutral flame and then through a few cycles of reduction and oxidation. Not encased. Just love the range of colors you can get with it!

Thanks for reminding me I love this stuff!
Hope to see what you come up with.

Old 2009-05-13, 3:59pm

I was playing with it the other day

Clockwise from left rear.

Reduced and encased on opal yellow
Struck and encased on opal yellow
Struck on opal yellow. This took quite a while to do and the opal yellow went a lovely caramel colour. I'm on a hot head and I turned my flame up and worked it out in the far reaches of the flame.

Now if anyone can tell me how to avoid those lines I get when encasing a reduced glass I'll be ecstatic!
Old 2009-05-13, 6:07pm

I love Psyche too!
Attached Images

Old 2009-05-13, 7:22pm

There are several threads on Psyche.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ghlight=psyche

I like to use it over ivory.....
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-05-13, 11:38pm
Midnight Torcher

Kara, One hot beader, those beads are awesome! Actually all the beads posted so far have been amazing!

Lara,
I always love looking at your gorgeous Psyche beads! Thank you for bringing back all those old threads. This one is my favorite:

Brent's first post on that thread was show stopping!

Back in the day () when working with silver glass was often frustrating, it was so wonderful to find one that turned out to be so reliable and beautiful.

Old 2009-05-14, 5:48am
Moving On

WOW!!!!!!!!

Old 2009-05-14, 2:12pm
Beadmaking.nl

What a fantastic and inspirering topic!!! Dont stop showing.
Perhaps we should start a topic for each silverglass color.

Here are mine: I have made this by using the tutorial Of Troll Lover, so I can't tell how I did it. But I love psyche!

Old 2009-05-14, 3:08pm

And another Psyche set, decorated with shards:

Old 2009-05-14, 7:07pm
What was I thinking?

Psyche is a great glass!
Here are a couple of bracelets made with simple Psyche beads.
This one is on Silver Cinnamon:

This is on Vetrofond Avocado Odd (I think):

Have fun!

Old 2009-05-15, 5:21am
Christine

I seem to be having trouble getting those nice blue colors out psyche. I am on natural gas and a oxy concentrator - does that make a difference?

Old 2009-05-15, 5:31am
What was I thinking?

It shouldn't, Christine. I'm also on ng & a concentrator. I have the best luck with Psyche if I reduce moderately, then bring it back with a blast of oxy, and then reduce very lightly again. Sometimes I repeat this process. Give it a try.

Old 2009-05-15, 5:48am
Christine

Thank you! BTW - I love the colors you have in your beads......I have admired them for quite awhile.....very rich looking....

Old 2009-05-20, 7:48pm

Thanks San!

Just checking back and and WOW!!!! What an awesome variety of beads!