LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-29, 8:03am

Default Mandrel question

I have such a hard time with fractions and I can't remember what the best size of mandrel is for presses, both zoozi's and Cattwalks Help! Kelley
Old 2012-10-29, 11:00am

Zoozi's recommends mandrels that are 5/64 in size. This is a difficult size to find but I believe Zoozi sells them on their website
Old 2012-10-29, 2:44pm
Pugs rule

1/16 works just fine and you can find them almost everywhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-29, 3:40pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

1/16 works the best, 3/32 works quite well also. 5/64 is in between those two.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-10-30, 1:58am
Naysayer

I've never heard of 5/64 mandrels!

I use 1/16th or 3/32 for her presses as well.
Old 2012-10-30, 5:50am

Thank You! You all are the bomb diggity! Kelley
Old 2012-11-02, 7:37am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I used 3/32 all the time. Welding stores should have them in stock if you want to make your own. I love-love-love food grade stainless, which I think is 316 rather than the more commonly used 308.
Old 2012-11-02, 6:48pm

I got my first batch of 5/64 from Zoozi at the Gathering. Then I ordered 10lbs from my local welding supply company and shared them with friends. I had to custom order them and there was a 10 lb minimum