LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2013-05-22, 9:28am

David ... really like that last one.

I don't have the patience or the attention span to make 100 of anything

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-22, 4:41pm
Bead Maniac

Ok you guys and girls so far today I have made 6 jellies ...thanks I needed a little inspiration I'll put up some photos tomorrow ...great tips ..Thanks

My blog.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-05-22, 7:03pm
Hobby Junkie

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369274586.204826.jpg
Views: 4724
Size:  23.7 KB

This is one of mine. Totally imploded (J Kobuki style)

Old 2013-05-22, 7:55pm
Flamewoman

Very pretty Cori. I just can't seem to get something that looks like a jellyfish the J.Kobuki way. You did a wonderful job, beautiful colors. Thanks for posting yor fish.
Let's see 'em Heartglass, pictures, pictures.........
Jellyfish are addicting to make, I keep thinking of something else I want to try.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2013-05-22 at 7:57pm.
Old 2013-05-23, 1:50am

Cori,
That is a fine jelly. I also liked your orchid in the May collection. Did you take one of
John K's classes? Anyway, very nice work!
Dave
Old 2013-05-23, 1:51pm

here is my version of one combining the different techniques.

Living the dream rocking a GTT Mirage and or 40mm Herbert Arnold J Howard Style with a home fill system in south central Wisconsin
Old 2013-05-23, 1:52pm
Marble Lover

I hope this thread never dies. Awesome job, all.

-BEP
Old 2013-05-23, 3:50pm
Hobby Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
Cori,
That is a fine jelly. I also liked your orchid in the May collection. Did you take one of
John K's classes? Anyway, very nice work!
Dave
I took a John K class up at Playing With Fire in Maine 1 1/2 years ago. It was wonderful. Being mostly self-taught, it showed me a lot of different ways of doing things. It also increased my heat control drastically. I highly recommend it.

Old 2013-05-23, 5:54pm
Bead Maniac

Default My latest Jellies

I tried the different techniques quite interesting and fun ... I had trouble with bubbles ....

My blog.

Old 2013-05-24, 7:29am

Nice jellies!!! I have been making them for a few years too.

Here is one of mine. I posted this one about 2 years ago so maybe some of you have already seen it? I also sold a bunch at the gathering. I sold out of the 20 I brought.... felt very lucky because the beads around me were so beautiful!!

I even had one customer throw a stink about it. Another told her friend that she could make them too and she does not need to buy it..... Then she demanded to know where I get my jellies before I pour the acrylic over them......

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2013-05-24, 10:20am
Bead Maniac

Heather love your jellie what's your color combo, you have an amazing glow...WOW!
Thanks for the laugh its so funny that people think we put the real thing inside our glass...

My blog.

Old 2013-05-24, 4:45pm
Flamewoman

Lovely Jelly Heather. What technique do you use to make your jellies?
Is that DAP for the jelly, and the red backround, so striking, is that american beauty?
Hope you remember!

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-05-25, 6:37am

The tentacles are serendipity and the mantle is an odd batch I got from Momka. I have no idea what color it is. I ordered Violet hue and got that color and it is not violet hue... this I know. I have ordered violet hue 4 times since and every time I have gotten the same color and it is not the color I got the first time. I have one rod left and I am saving it for special order Jellyfish.
All I can say is it is a momka glass... At least that is what the order was for... only Momka glass.
The background is pomegranate.

Old 2013-05-26, 6:51pm
Flamewoman

OH don't ya just love that "mystery" glass. I got some cane a long time ago, from MP it was the first version of one of the daisey canes, and I just have 3 rods left, it's one of my favorite's too, and never to be more. What does the cane look like ( that they sent you for violet hue) ? Hard to tell by photo, but could it be magic mirror?
What is the backround color, or did you dip it in acrylic? lol. sorry.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-05-27, 5:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
OH don't ya just love that "mystery" glass.
What is the backround color, or did you dip it in acrylic? lol. sorry.
The background is pomegranate as listed above...... the acrylic idiot got to you!!!

Old 2013-05-27, 9:08am
Flamewoman

Jeesh! I can't even read. Sorry. The comment about acrylic was a joke.
Hope you all keep this thread going for a while, I am headed out today
to Stanford Medical Hospital for major surgery. Please think positive healing
thoughts for me Tuesday May 28 @ 12:20.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-05-27, 10:11am

Oh Nooooo Mary Kay! Sending positive healing thoughts to you. Please hurry back, I will miss your great info and pics. You have been so helpful to us all, so giving. Hugs!

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2013-05-27, 11:25am
Borosapien

Sending positive energy as we speak
wonderfull jelly's wow love them all !
here is one o mine with dichro have a hard time though getting the cap more round....

Old 2013-05-29, 10:27am

Default Jellies, Mary's way

Here are a couple that I did like Mary does them.. I like the way they came out, especially no bubbles at the point where the cap and the tentacles meet.
Thanks for taking a look. Mary I hope a goes well for you, and for a speedy recovery!
Dave
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-29, 12:00pm
Evil Glass Enabler

I really like those, Marcel and Dave. They look great. I haven't seen a dud in this entire thread though. We have so many talkented people. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2013-05-29, 6:51pm

After reading this thread I tried one of each technique I saw:
(from left to right)

Mary K - Rod implosion with tungsten picked dots for bubble covered by color for cap and then clear for cap spreading...

Dragonharper - Paint tentacles onto a 4mm clear, then encase and add a cap

Marcel - Tube implosion with dot on back that is coated in clear to create cap

Castaway - tube implosion with dots added partway, cap is tooled over and creates the lip up like maui greenstone's jellies

Patienthand - mushroom method with stringers over clear, not with reticello

dlando1 (Dave) - Double maria method - tentacles as a rod implosion, and cap as a half-rod implosion indented by graphite before attachment

Mary K - sometimes adds white&clear twisty to make tiny tentacles on edge of cap

I'm grateful to all of you who posted these. Never before have I tried making jellies, but they are a lot of fun! I think I'm going to try and make a moon jelly soon and I'll try to remember to post that... I'd love to be able to contribute to this thread. I'm also sure that each of these techniques would turn out a lot better if I practiced a bit. Each time there were things I would have done differently... The one thing that really helps is the marble mold! I highly suggest everyone who tries these to test out using the marble mold to make the cap of the jelly!! Also if I messed up your technique in my notes let me know - I tried to do a one sentence synopsis but I might have misunderstood :s

Cheers!
Max
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-30, 7:14am

Wow Max, what a great group of jellies!!

Each one is really special in it's own, slightly unique way.

Can't wait to see the moon jelly!

Old 2013-05-30, 7:30am
Marble Lover

Very nice, Max!

-BEP
Old 2013-05-30, 7:41am
Evil Glass Enabler

Max, I like all of these. It's really hard to pick a favorite out of that group. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2013-05-30, 9:51am

Max,what a great application of techniques! I love this thread!!!!
Old 2013-06-01, 6:51am
Flamewoman

Dave that last batch is outstanding, Max my favorite one is the one in the middle of picture.
Dave what is the color combo on the jelly with the spots? Are the spots blue moon?
I think those might be your best yet.
Just letting you all know that my surgery went well, it will be a long time before I can sit and melt glass again though. I am feeling ok, but weak and sore. Thanks all for keeping this thread alive. I'll be back at the torch as soon as I can, and seeing your work just makes me want to recover and get back to the flame even more.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-06-01, 8:17am

Mary ... glad your surgery went well. May you have a speedy recovery!!! and get back to making beautiful jellies!!

Old 2013-06-01, 8:46am

Glad you're doing okay Mary!

Old 2013-06-01, 10:57am

Hi Mary,
I'm glad your on the mend. I hope you get back to your torching soon. I went back to the way you do your jellies. I have a lot more control over how much air gets trapped between the cap and the tentacle's. The base of the cap is Elvis Blue Stardust, with dots of GA Aquatic Carnival. It's close to Blue Moon, but w/ a little more of a green hue to it. The tentacles are also Aquatic Carnival.
Be good to you,
Dave
Old 2013-06-02, 5:25am
Lotion handler

This is my first post here, I lurk mainly and if I do say so myself I'm really good at it! I have only been torching since April but I wanted to show Miss Mary what her jellyfish thread inspired me to do. This is my very first attempt at a jelly and its a bit wonky but I suppose so am I so it fits. Thanks for all the tips!